Closed Thread
Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mrs Ponti - There are so many women that come back from SA pregnant with twins...is/was your friend on the Donor South Africa thread on Bubhub?

Mac - Wow, what an amzing outcome....good luck for a fabulour blastie on Monday.

Bella - Time to let the clinic go and put your energies into Monday.

Amps - hun, the hits just keep on coming...you cannot catch a break at the moment. I hope you have some support you can rely on up there.

MusicalGal - How is the Wazza prep going?

Blue - Hi.

AFM
    Just had a wonderful email convo with my FS in SA....the level of service still amazes me.
    Last edited by Sunny15; 11-04-2013 at 20:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beta results are in we are now up from 270 to 1100!! That is a little exciting and hopeful

I was told the results have been CC to Wazza and that they are sure it's waste of a trip and his time to discuss this and I really should have let him know I am pregnant so I don't waste his time. I said excuse me his staff are well aware and felt they could offer more support for the pregnancy and the nurse and staff discussed that my visit should go ahead and they recommended I come down earlier then later and should the pregnancy not go ahead we can discuss further attempts and options.

It's actually some how going from bad to worse. I will be asking Wazza if possible not to cc or share any information back with my old clinic. I really could have snorted the mole ( for lack of better word that I could us here) in the nose today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps, - I'm very sorry for the loss of your grand dad. I hope things have settled down a little for you.

Bella, - Congrats on your great beta results . You see you were right all along. Don't let them discourage you. I think it is time you vetted their calls. And don't worry, you are not waisting his time, and I'm sure he would tell you exactly that. I am envious that you had the good sense to make an appointment with WDA. I had my chance to see him in May, but I was anxious to get started earlier and I new I was only going to have one try.

Sunny, - My friend was on EB back in 2010. Not sure if she was on Bubhub too. Don't you wish you didn't have to go all the way to SA for great service. It makes such a difference.

Maca, - Good luck with your blast transfer on monday. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I;m so sorry to hear about your twins passing.

AFM, - Nothing exciting. Started with progesterone today. Orally and crinone. I am confident that my little buddy will defrost well on monday, to spite the grim cautionings of the Doc.

Ciao for now,

MrsP...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually, I have a question!

Has anyone done a HRT FET before? If so, how were you monitored throughout your cycle?
    I am doing exactly the same thing as I did on my FET 2.5 years ago. They haven't and wont test any of my levels throughout the cycle. (except for P4 on my beta test, because I asked Jo).
    I ask this because 2.5 years ago during my cycles I got incredibly sore boobs in the luteal phase, and this stim I didn't, which makes me question, what has changed. I am just hoping for sore boobies this time around, LOL. To make me feel like I have some support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - Oooh that's a lovely rise in your hcg you've got going on there - I am absolutely thrilled for you. I am astounded your clinics patronising and condescending attitude toward your decision to seek treatment elsewhere. I think you have made a very wise decision in moving on from them. Wishing you all the very best with with Wazza next week - if anyone can help make your bubba stick around it’s him.

Sunnygirl - the SA clinic sounds fantastic on all levels. Not just great service but fantastic results. Glad that everything is going to plan and I can't believe how quickly it is all happening for you. A 24 year old donor... oh how fantastic with those young eggies you'll be knocked up no time! In answer to your question about whether Dr Lingham was ok with doing the endo scrape/biopsy given that I'm off to see Wazza next month - well I hadn't mentioned that last part to him yet but I would still consider doing my next cycle with CFC as I have been quite happy with them. My appt with Wazza is really to seek a second opinion in terms of protocol for my next cycle and I will discuss Wazza's recommendations with Dr Lingham – I hope he is open to suggestions and doesn't take it personally… in the past I have found him to be quite open to my suggestions. Logistically it would be so much easier to stay with CFC but I am willing to do whatever it takes and if that means going to Brissy for pickup and transfer then that’s fine too.

Amps - So sorry to hear about your grandad. It does sound like you are going through a really difficult patch at the moment. Cry lots if it helps, talk to a counsellor, look after yourself... meditate... for me I found that losing myself in yoga and focusing on the breath and body and trying to let go of negativity really helped me through my grieving period following my miscarriage earlier this year.

Maca - that is a fantastic result. Fingers crossed for lots of strong blasties, you are off to a great start. Good luck with transfer on Monday.

Welcome MrsP and good luck with your FET. I did one unsuccessful FET with CFC last year an in terms of monitoring I went in for an ultrasound on day 21 in the month prior to the FET cycle to make sure there was no cysts or anything else that might interfere during the following month's FET cycle. During the cycle there was an ultrasound to check lining and blood tests for estrogen, progesterone and probably prolactin at around day 7. You need to have your pessary script filled around this time so that you can start on pessaries around day 9/10 if you need to.... then there was probably mid-luteal blood tests for to check estrogen and progesterone... I think that's about it. Fingers and toes are crossed for you.

Hi to Flaussie, Musicalgal and any other lovely ladies I have missed.

AFM just marking time really till next month's appointment.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Domiffy For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (12-04-2013),Sunny15  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - Hun, it has now got to the stage that your clinic needs reporting....their actions are a true act of desperation to 'save face'....they have their best interest at heart, not yours. But for now, your energies are better served focussed on your little one and those that can assist you. Let the clinics insecurites go...its theirs to own, not yours! Get through the next couple of weeks (at least) and then lodge a complaint. By the way...great numbers...slow poke is really trying and WDA will help him/her/them along!

MrsPonti - I have had a couple of HRT FETs and my experience was very similar to Domiffy (I was also at CFC). Day 21 scan for any cysts and I also had an endometrial biopsy and scarifying. Day 8 lining scan and estrogen BT. Day 13 lining scan. Day 18 lining scan (FS extended my follicular phase to give extra time for my lining thickness, as I am generally on the thinner side). Day 22 ET. Day 27 mid-luteal BT to check estrogen and progesterone levels. Depending on every scan and BT, my meds/pessaries were adjusted. Hope this helps.

Domiffy - Good luck with Dr L. I found him to be a great FS, however, was simply not aggressive enough for me and in the end he suggested the same protocol for our last FET with 2 donor eggs/embryos, as the previous 2 FETs...that did our head in. So we sought a second opinion with Dr Y. My first appt with Dr L after my appt with Dr Y, he did make some inappropriate comments, however, I put it down to him being ill...or put it this way, I WANTED to believe that was the case!
    Last edited by Sunny15; 12-04-2013 at 18:35.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Domiffy, Sunny, - Thanks for your replies. I thought as much. I feel a little as if not enough is being done to monitor my progress. All I've had was a day 12 scan, and feel that he just does the same old thing every time. It's not really enough.

I originally felt that this should be the last go. But when not everything is being done to maximise my success, I feel that we should give it another try should this FET not work. And considering most people give a few shots, why should I cut myself short.
    I didn't feel very healthy at all going into the stim either, and that has been playing on my mind. I got very sick (flu, candida), so how did I expect to get my best eggs. Anyway, I have since given up sugar, except for a few pieces of fruit that I make a smoothy out of to put my spirulina powder into. I feel 10 times better, and I'm getting better every week.
    This way of eating will be a long term thing, so I bit the bullet and called WDA's office to make an appointment for another "one last shot", should I need it. I got 28th Oct , (I'll be 46 by then ) but I'm on a wait list for cancellations. I feel much better now that I have a plan B. My old plan B, al la natural, was making me anxious.

You ladies that are seeing WDA, do you mind letting me know how it works with BT's, scans, etc? Thanks.

Ill stop ranting now.

Cheers, MrsP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Wow lots going on here. I can't get into personals as I'm on my phone, but everyone is tricking along nicely.

Amps I hope you're doing ok out there. Xx

Bella baby go baby go!

Maca it's all coming together for you xx

Mrs p and Domiffy soldiering on.

Sunny I can't believe the service. ..! An email Convo?! Wow

Me-wazza appt this Thursday. Can't say I'm overjoyed about starting all over again. But you gotta do what u gotta do.

Did anyone read about the Melbourne fs in the woman's weekly? She sounds awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsPonti - Geez, WDA is a popular man! I saw WDA when I was 46 too...I was about to cycle with him when the opportunity of donor eggs became available at Cairns Fertility and WDA said use those first. But my AMH is now 1 and they are old eggs at that, hence my SA donor journey. Its understandable to have closure Ponti....some people draw a line in the sand, their cut off point. Me...I just want to know that when my reproductive time has finished, I want to know that I have left no stone unturned....otherwise the "what ifs" and "should haves" will do my head in. If you feel that you have not quite finished yet....go for it. Its good to have Plan A, Plan B and so on....good luck with no suger, I wish I was a strong as you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies super quick which chemist can you arrange progesterone pessaries from locally? My GP gave me a script. Yay for her!