Closed Thread
Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

it looks like a lot of DH's work in the mines, my DH was working in a mine that there was absolutly no phone or internet coverage which drove me crazy because we were just starting the process of IVF.

Sunny: Best of luck with your emby making it to blastie Thats pretty funny, about walking out in your socks, i did the same, but i forgot to take my slippers! The waiting room was full of other people having their ET and i must of looked like a fool!!! oh well it worked!!! Im not complaining!

amps: i know exactly what you are saying about the romance, we tried lots of things- weekends away, camping, dinners out and i just couldn't focus on us. it really sucked. What is this dhea??? and does it really increase your libido? Bring that on!

btmac: how are feelng, have you got any morning sickness yet?? when is your scan? Im sure your emby has stuck it self to you and will be there for another 8 months!!!

Shazzymoo: How is your TWW going?

Bellavista

AFM: Im feeling a lot more calmer and accpeting of what will happen will happen and there is nothing i can do to change it. But in saying that my pains have gone, and ive just been resting and not doing too much at work. I only wish i had enough leave to take off. (my DH has been fantastic, i came home form work yesterday and he had dinner going, he had mowed the lawns and cleaned the house! im going to miss when he leaves for work next week!) I feel that everything is going to be OK.

I hope everyone is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

Well last night went VERY WELL, dh was pleasantly surprised when he walked in the door, even more so later. Sorry if tmi. It's been weeks. I would've been keen for round 2 but dh couldn't help himself and kept making comments about getting me pregnant, as soon as he walked in and saw me he made one "so could I get you pregnant right now?". It was hard to ignore but I managed until much later when we were lying in bed having a "rest" when he started to get frisky again and kept talking about getting me pregnant. Poor darling, I let him down as gently as I could because all I could think about by then was the heartache and disappointmnet we have already had. Dh means well and does try to follow whats going on with this whole process but he really has no idea. He still can't work out when I might be ovulating, like when is the best time in the month to go for it. He works away, week on, week off, so he does miss a lot of appoinments and things. Have to say I really didn't think I was ever going to have a family until I met him almost 5 years ago. We have been trying since we got married nearly 2 1/2 years ago. Dammit

Thanks
    Reviews
    btmac – wow, I thought I was doing it tough with DP away at the mines for 2 weeks. That must really be tough on you….well done, you are a strong woman to be going through the IVF process alone. How are you going? Has the bleeding completely stopped?

Bellavista – how many sleeps til Bali? Must be close now.

Kahu – How are you…have the pains stopped?

Shazzymoo – how are you going, my fellow 2WWer? Coping?

Amps – Enjoying your time with DH home?

AFM
    I am 6dp3dt today and still getting all the same aches, pains, twinges and bloatiness as my last couple of BFN cycles...so unfortunately it has left me with an 'it hasnt worked' type feeling. I am getting more lower back and upper leg aches...I havealso had a strange feeling and all I can explain it as, around my cervix area....I put it down to the progesterone pessaries.

Mid-luteal blood test showed: Estrogen 2100 and Progesterone 61, so FS said I didnt need to increase pessaries.

The embryologist re-cultured our last embie a couple of times, as at Day 5 ithad slight compaction, however, by Day 6 it had compaction but it just wasnt as advanced as it should be for a Day 6 embie, so it didnt make it to the freezer.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

btmac: Now that is some amazing strength you have there dear lady.

Sunny15: It's been really good having dh home. After the 2nd night home we realxed a lot more and have actually managed to de-stress over the whole ivf experience, at least for now.

Good luck All!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

btmac - You sound like you've got a good way at looking at the whole process and I am with you all the way on not doing anything I can blame myself for later... Must be tough being away from DH for such long periods of time - you must feel somewhat like an army wife?

Sunny - Sorry to hear about your other embie - it was worth a shot though. I can relate to the symptoms you're having... for me you can add in increased libido, some mighty vivid dreams and early morning waking and feeling really good.
    I started to get excited when I remembered my experience last time and checked the side effects of progesterone... Well.... I guess there is nothing for it but to wait until BT.

Amps - Sounds like you had a good night! My Poor DH doesn't seem to get it either... he just turns up when he needs to and does his thing.

Kahu - It's good to remind ourselves that we can do what we can but in the end what ever happens, happens. Sending you all my very best sticky vibes!

Bellavista - I hope the weather is kind to you on your trip!

AFM - It'll be a week since ET (day 4) - I'm getting all the symptoms that I had in the past ... however my pregnyl shots did not make me sick or nauseous as they had in the past. I've also had super vivid dreams and have been feeling the best that I have in a long time. Has anyone else experienced that?

I'm beginning to get a little anxious about returning to work (if bfn) - my work place of the last 5 yrs is not the best place to be at times and since taking leave the work environment has changed - potentially having me working 1/2 time in one place and 1/2 time in another... not keen on that scenario! I almost feel like I need to make a decision about what to do before I know the outcome of my BT.

Hope you are all well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow...its been quiet on here lately.

Sorry for the me post...feeling very flat today.

Im convinced this cycle is a no go for me....just have a feeling. I have even started planning for my next cycle and I will contact the clinic tomorrow to make an appointment with FS as soon as possible.

All the aches, pains and twinges have settled a bit this week....still there but not as frequent....had some strong AF type symptoms yesterday and today.

Im Day 29 today (thankfully no AF yet - but thats the medication) and 9dp3dt...will hold out to the weekend or end of week before I POAS.

Maybe Im just tired, as it was a very early start for me this morning, but I just feel like climbing into bed with my book.

How is everyone travelling on this IVF train?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for me post I am on the plane about to depart xxx chat soon and lady luck on all of our sides

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies

bellavista: Enjoy your trip, hope you get to really relaxe and de-stress.

btmac: glad to hear your fs listened to your needs and respected them. I hope you are enjoying this moment.

afm: my dh left again for work ,he's either flying in or flying out each Wednesday. 1 week outta 2 is still more than his last job. I saw our fs and we made a plan for April.I started taking dhea this month, on day 3 of next month I will start gonal-f at 400 (we had to keep increasing my dose last time) along with pressaries to help improve my lining. depending on how many eggs and how well they progress after icsi, will depend on whether they transfer day3 or day5, fs is still keen for day3, will do ah also so only transfering 1 embryo, then will have supporting hcg and more pressaries, I am so looking forward to that......not. I'd rather inject myself 20 times a day than use pressaries. Clinic should let me wear socks for transfer and I will be going for acupuncture. I don't think we will be lucky enough to get a surprise natural bfp this month but you never know.........wish I could stay hopeful.

Happy weekend everyone! I have to work both days, the joys of being casual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blood test tomorrow. POAS this morning....negative.

Gutted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!
    I am also in North Qld, from Townsville and seeing Dr Chang at QFG.
    Had my first IVF cycle with ET 20/03/12 BT today with BFN, but am trying to remain positive! I have 2x frosties waiting, so here's hoping for the next round!
    Its really hard to remain balanced emotionally, I never realized how much of a roller coaster this was going to be, but now that I know what I'm in for, hopefully I will be better prepared next time!

Good luck to all

ME 29 DH 36
    #1 IVF - ET 20/03/12 BFN
    #2 IVF - FET May 2012