Closed Thread
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amps - how did your scan go today....lining playing the game?

Maca - welcome. I am doing the donor route over in South Africa. Was unsuccessful with donor here in Australia and cant wait that long for another shot at donor, so heading overseas.

Bella - have my fingers crossed for you for all 3 fertilising.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maca - Hi and welcome

Bellavista - Hope you managed to rest well. for all 3.

Sunny15 - Lining as expected, back on thursday for another scan

Well ladies, I'm still on progynova 3 times/day along with oestrogen patch every 2nd day and cardirprin daily to see if that pumps my lining up. It was about 5.3mm so not that great. We've never made it to 8 before so we will see what happens by Thursday. Haven't had patches before, it's a new one out on the market too. If things are good then we will transfer next Wednesday using embryo glue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps they can coast on a medicated get for weeks to wait until your lining is optimal finger crossed for next week.

Girls advise me embryo glue what is the current thinking on it does it increase chances etc??
    Last edited by Bellavista; 12-03-2013 at 09:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

2 of 3 fertilised and they want to do a 2 or 3 day transfer now so tomorrow or thrusday so I chose thursday. I feel like this cycle is sunk before its really even began to be honest!

What next?? Where do you go from here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bellavista

I've heard good things about the glue which is why we are having another go with it. Some studies are getting better results with it and is s'posed to be less risky than assisted hatching.
    I guess their worry is that you only have 2 so the odds are reduced for surviving to day5, which is why we were never encouraged to try for day5 as we never got more than 3 fertilised past day1. Some clinics are still of the belief that the sooner the embies are snuggled into mum the better, so who knows. You can only do what you think is best for you.
    Are you transferring both? We are going to use our 2 if we do transfer next week. It's all just a huge leap of faith...........or hope.......or something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - Dont give up hope....you are still in with a fighting chance....better the embryo/embryos are back in the mothership than in the dish! I have had both Assisted Hatching and Embryo Glue on embryos from my eggs (old) and from donor eggs. I think its six of one and half a dozen with the other when it comes to Assisted Hatching and Embryo Glue. Older eggs produce embryos with a harder outer shell, so it is thought that by doing Assisted Hatching, it helps with the expanding cells to break out of the shell and implant. Embryo Glue - my last transfer my FS from Perth said that they were experiencing some success from glue with their clinic in Perth...didnt work on my donor egg/embryos though.

Amps - take every day as it comes....you might find that your lining will have a last minute surge. Have faith.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!

Well I just got back from holidays and it looks like this thread is the place to be! Holy moly!

Hello to all the new faces, although it does sound like most of you have been on the roller coaster for a while.

Bella- hang in there sweets, it only takes 1. If you want to have a chat or coffee pm me so you can spill your guts!

Sunny- you are always so optimistic. I really admire your positive attitude. When is the trip to SA?

Amps- I really hope that dr bob brings home the goods for you. How are you feeling?

Musical gal- I'm so so sorry. I know there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better. If you want to chat about it I'm here.

Dj nette- hope you are recovering and feeling better.

To the new girls, I'm sorry but I can't scroll up and view your names, but I am following your stories.

AFM- the holiday has really helped dh and I, we had a really good talk about where we are at and what we want.

I decided to cancel my cycle with qfg, as in all honesty I have lost confidence in their ability to get me knocked up. And from reading the stories about cfc, I'm not interested in seeing them either. We decided to jump on the wazza train because my hubby needs an operation, so by the time he has recovered, hopefully wazza will have an appt time. Going to call tomorrow to make an appointment.

Phew...feels good to get that off my chest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies will come back later to write more but any chance of a catch up this weekend or one evening afternoon?? Would be good to chat x Bella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blue - Lovely to hear you had a good holiday....it is amazing what a break can do. Just putting that little bit of space between you and IVF can make you see it all so much clearer. Wazza will regain your faith in doctors and IVF....you will love him. When you ring, you may not be able to get an appointment for a while, but make sure you go on his cancellation list. Once you have your appointment, ask his nurse if there is any tests (blood test, pelvic ultrasounds etc) that you and DH should get prior to meeting him....there is nothing like having all fresh results for him to work from. As for our South Africa trip, we are working on being over there for a mid to late July transfer....DP and I are just working out whether we will spend 3 or 4 weeks over there....we are treating it like a holiday of a lifetime, with a couple of doctors appointments and hopefully we will come back with a little springbok!!

MusicalGal - Enjoy your cruise....forget all things IVF and baby related, if at all possible and you and DH just have a super duper holiday.

Bella - How you feeling hun? When will transfer be?

Ladies, Im available anytime this weekend for a coffee....DP flew back to work today and is doing 10 days instead of 7....extra money for SA....he is such a good boy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, ladies I forgot to share something with you....there is an Egg Donor in South Africa thread on Bubhub that I have just joined and out of the 19 ladies on that thread that have been to South Africa, 14 have have fallen pregnant. Out of that 14, 13 have fallen pregnant on the first go, with 1 lady falling pregnant on the 2nd attempt. To me, that is pretty good odds....and it pretty much backs up their 70% success rate. I for one could not be happier.