Closed Thread
Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bellavista - You always make me drag myself out of my selfpity hellhole, thank you for that!

Thanks Musicalgal, If you have success I will gladly take your appointment with Wazza.

Btmac - Thanks heaps for the info

I am going to still cycle with Dr M, I think af will be here any day now going on the twinges I've been getting today. If I do see her in the next week then dh won't be home for an iui, so we will then go to a natural frozen transfer. I've decided to use only 1 of our 2 emryos, just in case things don't go so well. If we use both now and it doesn't work I would be devasted if we wait to see wazza only to find out all my eggs are gone.

I kept our last cycle pretty low-key, which I'm going to do again, but I will post on here and be in touch with you all this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    btmac Thanks for stopping by - you are my inspiration and the reason I booked an appointment with Wazza back in Nov last year. Appointment is not until May though so I guess his 6-7 month waiting list says it all really. Thanks so much for the information in your post and for sharing your experiences on BH... I was wondering about the high dose folic acid - can you get this over the counter or do you need a prescription for it as the only dosage I have seen is .5mg.

Amps If by some miracle I have success with CFC before my Wazza appointment in May - you can have my appointment. But here's hoping you won't need it and that you upcoming FET is the lucky one.

Big hello to everyone else and good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Domiffy - Thanks so much for your offer, here's hoping none of us need to go that far!

It's talking to all you ladies that has kept me sane enough to endure this journey so far. To be able to discuss and vent all our frustrations, hopes, dreams, failures and successess with people who are going throught the same thing I feel is a gift. Thank you all so much for sharing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Anyone in North Queensland?

I agree amps, it's invaluable to have all our bh friends and info so close to hand.

Domiffy thanx for the info. .. blimey how did u remember to take all those med s at different times of the day? I'm flat out remembering to do progynova 3 times a day!

So I had my 1st scan and bloods this morning for my proposed frozen cycle. Everything was looking good and I start on estradiol pessaries today. Yay not.

Must admit I'm going into this cycle cool calm and collected. I think I've reached the point of realising that whatever I do doesn't seem to matter, so I don't feel 'all consumed' this time. I've started back at acupuncture and am doing all the medications prescribed. But I'm also back into exercising and we've booked a cruise in March. we're going no matter what! Looking fwd to this holiday. We'll have final Blood results just before we go so we can either celebrate or commiserate.

Bella hang in there. I know what u mean by not knowing what ur most anxious about. The fear sux. You are so brave. But I know you also know just what might come out of it. Hugs xx

Blue- hope u have a great holiday!

Amps-hang in there. We should catch up soon. Your support crew is very important right now.

Sunny- looking fwd to hearing your dates!
    Everyone else. Good luck and hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flaussie - Welcome! My experience with QFG dates back to when they were the only clinic here in Cairns....FS didnt really want to know me when I was only 39/40 years old, they seemed very selective with their clients/patients....however, things seemed to have changed since they now have competition in CFC. CFC are good but I would compare their prices against QFG (I think QFG maybe alot cheaper)....also, Dr L is good, however, is quite conservative in his protocols, not really aggressive...but if this is your first time, any clinic/FS will have a conservative approach with your cycle because they simply do not know how you are going to react to all the medications until you start...first cycles are well known as being test cycles (Yep, expensive darn testing, I hear you say!).

MusicalGal - How is you cycle going? Have you been given any date for ET?

Amps - Hang in there hun...we are here for you. How is your cycle going...did AF turn up when it should for you?

Domiffy - Dr Wazza is so worth the wait....unfortunately, my AMH didnt stay long enough for me to cycle with him....if money was no object, I would still give him a go, but at my age donor is the best option...best bang for our buck!!! Btmac hit the nail on the head with Dr Wazza's protocol....that is the same protocol that he prescribed for me and DP...the only difference is Vit C to DPs vitamin regime. You can get Megafol (Folic Acid) at the chemist in Raintrees or the chemist up near the food court at Earlville...it comes in 5mg tablets and is really cheap, I think I paid around $5 for my bottle of 100. One chemist told me that they use Megafol when making up other prescriptions. Dr Wazza also told me that the amount of folic acid in (pregnancy) multivitamins is not enough.

Btmac - That is an aggressive protocol for FET and stimming. How is your little boy?

Bella - Your nervousness is totally understandable...take everyday as it comes...one step at a time! No matter what, we will be here to celebrate or commiserate with you. When do you start?

Blue - Enjoy your holiday...a nice 'distraction' from the stimming.

AFM
    I emailed all our test results (BT, ultrasound, mammagram, psych, hyst and lap, and all of DPs test results) a couple of weeks ago to FS in Cape Town. I have also posted all my IVF history to him.

We have chosen a donor and we are currently working through dates with the agency.

So things are moving along nicely....actually Im pretty excited about South Africa....I am SOOOO impressed on how efficient the clinic and donor agency are....Aust clinics could learn alot!!!
    Last edited by Sunny15; 19-02-2013 at 18:40.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Anyone in North Queensland?

Hey girls. I'm tripping along. Got FET on Friday. Am really quite nonchalant about this cycle. If it wasn't for those bloody pessaries I'd forget I was doing a cycle! I detest pessaries. Invariably I usually get a dose of thrush too which really adds insult to injury. Been busy with work though, exercise running group and 12wbt. All good distractions.

Sunny great to hear things are shifting along. Very exciting!

I look forward to hearing everyone's news.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck MusicalGal for Friday...what time is ET? I will be thinking of you all day of course.

Do you have Friday off work? If you are not at acu or have your feet up, Im having a nice relaxing pedicure on Friday arvo if your interested. Im so excited for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone in North Queensland?

MusicalGal good luck for ET today x

Sunny any idea when you will be heading over? I have hear wonderful things about the service in SA.

Amps I hope today is better ten yesterday x

Everyone Hi hope you are all doing great.

AFM last BCP this morning next appointment Wednesday for pick up meds. Bring it! Ready as I ever will be.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (23-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MusicalGal - Congratulations....PUPO

Bella - thats the girl, bring it on....your ready, willing and able!!!

AFM
    DP and I were hoping to go over to South Africa in April/May but it looks like it may be June....what's one more month when it means having our 'perfect' donor!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Musicalgal - Here's hoping it's a sticky one!

Sunny15 - Things sound very positive for you.

Bellavista - I'm trying not to think about things, easier said than done but at least I'm not crying now.

The start to my first cycle with qfg hasn't exactly gone smoothly ladies. Apparently what we heard Dr M say and waht the wrote in our notes are 2 different things, confusion over paperwork to have our embryos transported over, af didn't even last 24 hours and was only spotting amount at best(nurse not concerned!!!???) and then when discussing confusion with nurse took condescending tone, "some of you ladies confuse yourselves because you ask too many irrelavent questions", I was gobsmacked, when I replied with "I don't ask irrelevant questions", she actually laughed. I was horrified. Poor bella was so kind to hear out my woe the other day, so thank you again!
    I haven't been able to talk to their counsellor as I can't wait by the phone for her to call me back.
    Any brilliant pearls of wisdom on how not to let this all upset you ladies could give me I would truly be grateful for.
    Oh, and dh is being a butthead so no support there. "because its not his body he can't really feel anything" HAH!!! He will pay for that one!!