Closed Thread
Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone in North Queensland?

Hi ladies

How are you all?

Amps I am so sorry that it wasn't successful I too am cycling early March.

AFM - I am coping and moving forward its 9 weeks today and as sad and raw as it feels I have to keep going for all of our sakes.

I have Af due any day now start the pill and for follow the directions on my plan sheet. I start jabbing on my birthday BOO!!

This year ladies will be our lucky year!! It will be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I have posted a few times on this thread and I am a consistent lurker but a terrible poster – I have started so many posts but never seem to finish

Amps so sorry to hear of your bfn – sounds like you have reached the end of the road with cfc and a change to qfg might be just what you need.

Bellavista my very belated condolences to you for your loss last year and I reckon 2013 is going to be your year. Good luck with your upcoming cycle. Oh and I hope you had a fantastic time in Fiji.

Sunnygirl your positivity amazes me and I hope your journey with to SA for donor eggs is short and has a very sweet outcome.

Bluemarlin hope all goes well for a March cycle.

Musicalgal enjoy your break from IVF, I wish I could take some time out but having just turned 41 time is against me.

Stillfun good luck this year, sounds like a natural sticky BFP is just around the corner and glad to hear you are off the IVF treadmill.

AFM well after cycling in December I got the news of my very first BFP on Christmas Eve. I cried with happiness, shock, surprise for hours and was in a happy daze for days – I was convinced my cycle hadn’t worked. I had been on pregnyl during the two week wait so naturally assumed all those faint positives I was getting on poas were from that. Went on holidays for a week and had 6 week bloods done on my return – hcg didn’t look good but still within range but to be honest I’d had some spotting, preg symptoms had disappeared and had a sense that I had already miscarried. I got the shock or my life when they found a gestational sac, embryo and a heart beat at my seven week scan. Sadly, embryo only measured 5 weeks 5 days and the heartbeat at 88 was too slow. Dr basically told me (in the nicest possible way) that pregnancy did not look viable and to go home and wait for a miscarriage. So last two weeks have been very hard and there have been lots of tears but I finally miscarried on the w/e so at least there is a sense of closure at last and can start planning for next cycle. At this stage I plan to do an endometrial scratch later this month and then another stim cycle with cfc in March hopefully with a transfer of 2x3 day embies as that was what got me my BFP last time (that and the prednisolone I believe). If that is not successful, I have an appointment with legendary fertility god Warren de Ambrosis booked for May but I am so hoping I will not need it.

Anyhow, this fnq thread is long overdue for some positive news and I am hoping that 2013 will be a BFP one for us all.

Take care everyone

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi domiffy,

I'm really sorry to hear about your m/c. Sometimes it's just not fair. We are all here if you need to vent.

Everyone else, hope you are well. I think a few of us might be cycling together in march by the looks of it!

Not much going on here. Just trying to stay cool. This heat is insane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blue - Cant believe that FS was taken back by your questions....would have thought that after 3 failed cycles, he would expect you to ask questions....but god knows why we should be doing the research. Im glad that you have a plan to move forward...I hope FS has the right mix for you this time. Good luck.

Domiffy - so sorry to hear of your m/c....gut wrenching. Wrap yourselves in cotton wool for a while...heal.

Bella - How was Fiji? I guess you will still be fragile for a while, but Im glad to hear that you are pushing forward.

Amps - Im hearing your frustration girl....time to move on to QFG. Good on you.

Still - Good luck with a natural BFP....its sounds like it is just on the horizon.

Anyone up for a catch up this weekend....I cant do it the following weekend, as I will be in Brisbane.

AFM
    Had a bit of a set back in the last 2 weeks....long story short....I had a colposcopy a week ago to investigate pre-cancerous or cancerous cells due to an abnormal pap smear. Results came back yesterday and all good...no nasties...gyno said 'go forth and multiply'....just have to have another pap in 6 months instead of 12....good with that!!! Im so glad that my GP was right on top of it and got me into a gyno so quickly.

So where does that leave me....just need to get a copy of the results from yesterday and my file for Cape Town is complete....should have it sent off by the end of the week, then wait for FS to advise next step.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!!
    Im really sorry for your loss Domiffy, i know how it feels im am just glad that i didnt have to wait to M/C and i got it over with quickly, After my latest loss i think my body is going wacky LOL my BBT chart is all over the place and im not sure if i am even going to ovulate... As you know i have decided to not go back to CFC but i still have the tamoxifen that i was suppose to to the first time i got preg, So i was wondering your opinions on taking them for my next cycle but not be monitored? Do you guys think its too risky for multiples? DH wants twins but im not all too keen on it and i know that once i had them he would be questioning as to why he wanted twins aswell LOL, I am not feeling confident about this cycle it seems like my body isnt ready to be preg again yet but i am all for next cycle! I am going on holidays in 2 weeks!! Well if you call cairns a holiday but im getting away from here for a whole month so maybe we can sort out another meet up i would love to catch up with you girls~ I should be in Cairns around the 15th but will be pretty busy for the first week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Domiffy: I am so sorry to hear. The same thing happened to me. Finally got that BFP, on cloud 9 and next thing you know, baby not growing and was 2 weeks behind in size even tho the heartbeat was strong. Waiting for the m/c was the pits, and having one was even worse. Was supposed to go in for a D&C but didn't make it in time. But that's another story.

Anyway- we had a rest from IVF for a few months, were pretty over everything. But as we 40s know- can't afford to get too complacent. So back to CFC we went yesterday to use up our last frozen embie. As much as I don't like CFC it's probably not worth having a final frostie and all my info transferred to another clinic. I actually don't mind Dr L's procedures, just his protocols are too conservative. So we'll do this frozen transfer in Feb and I have an appt with Dr Wazza in Brisbane in April. In March we are going on a cruise and holiday.

Sunny- abnormal pap?? WT??!! Dr L just gave me one yest too before we launch into the cycle. Ewww But I figured, well we're here scanning anyway- go ahead!!

I've asked for Trental again cos that seemed to increase my lining really well. But he said to stop taking it on Day 1. What the? I thought it would beneficial to have Trental to help BUILD lining AFTER day 1?

So frozen protocol is as follows:
    Vit E
    Progynova
    High dose Estrogen pessaries
    Elevit
    Acupuncture

I thought I'd throw Trental in there too...?

I'm at work, so can't do many personals. I am available for a catch up this weekend if anyone else can make it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Thanks to you all - Bluemarlin, Sunnygirl, Stillfun and Musicagal - for your kind words and thoughts. Great to have a place to vent outside of family and friends - they have been very supportive but I feel like there is a limit to how much I can keep off-loading on them.

Sunny great to hear you got the all clear with your colposcopy and that it is all systems go for Capetown. Yay.

Stillfun I hear you on the twin thing my partner is keen for them too but there is a huge gap between the idea of twins and the reality of caring for two newborns but it’s the potential for complications during pregnancy that freaks me out the most. Sorry can’t offer any advice on the tamoxifen but I hope your cycle settles down soon so you can get on with some good old fashioned baby making.

MusicalGal yep waiting for the m/c was the pits. m/c itself was pretty sh*! too… painful and vomited for 10 hours straight for some strange reason. Still feeling sore and sorry for myself and wrapped in doona in bed in aircon since Monday. I will have everything crossed for you for a successful FET next month. Will you be having pregnyl injections during your TWW? This was one of the things I think may have helped get me a BFP last time and next time around Dr L has suggested pregnyl until 12 weeks to support the pregnancy (assuming I get that far) which I like the sound of. I don't mind CFC their monitoring and flexibility with EPU is good, hospital nursing staff are lovely, and I have a hunch that their labwork and embryologists are pretty good too – I have had decent icsi fert rates and success growing embies to blast - compared to some of the clinics I’ve read about, but I agree about Dr L. Tho he is nice and very approachable and very patiently answers all my questions he needs to be more proactive/aggressive with his protocols, particularly for the over 40s.

Would be lovely to meet you all and am available this w/e but still pretty tender and uncomfortable getting around and a bit fragile emotionally so I will have to see how I’m feeling on the day.

Take care everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Domiffy- So sorry to hear about your m/c. They really are the worst.

I don't get on here very much now as I was getting a bit obssessed.

I paid our registration at qfg today, I see Dr M next Thursday. Have to decide whether to have dh's sperm transfered and our last 2 embryos. We are thinking of trying iui inbetween cycles now, can't see we've got anything to lose.
    Oh, qfg has put up all their costs this month.

Take care all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dommify - I am so sorry for your loss. Best of luck with your next cycle. Take care of yourself.

Blue I am cycling too in March. I hope we get our BFP's in March.

Sunny I am so glad your results came back clear. How far away is your cycle in SA? My fingers are crossed x

Amps Good luck honey, when do you start your next cycle FET or Stim?

MusicalGirl Good luck when does your FET cycle start. I hope this is the one for you.

Stillfun Enjoy your Cairns break. I don't think we (meaning DH & I ) would take unmonitored drugs or plan for twins because of our history of miscarriage we just want to minimise risks and get a healthy baby at the end of the day.

AFM

I am on BCP until the 22nd Feb, jabbing starts 27th and EPU 11th March. We have had a really awful terrible week with a tragedy int he family I won't go into details on here but if we catch up I will fill you in. Suffice to say life couldn't be more unfair for our little family if it tried right now.

I can catch up Sunday possibly if anyone else is able to.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies,

I can't catch up this weekend, but I'm free all of next weekend if that helps.

I have a weeks holiday starting 5th march, so dh and I are going to the barossa! Hopefully it's the last time I can drink for a while! Has anyone been there? Any tips?

Bella- I start jabbing on the 12th and epu on 19th.

Have a lovely day ladies