Closed Thread
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

Sunny15 - thanks for the info. I did know you should wait 3 months to get the full effect but we are oping a 1 1/2 months will help with number, we only got 6 eggs from our first go and we only ended up with 3 embryos. They told us they were grade 3 with best grade being 3.5. Not sure what you call this form but its flat little squares that are sticky and sort of taste like bubblegum but sweeter. You let it dissolve in your cheek, I'm having half in the morning then the other half at night. Been trying all day to find out other info but having no luck. I have read some ladies have had success with this after just 1 month so I'm hoping. Also read that it can help prevent mc so we definitely praying for that. We decided to go ahead in April mostly due do finances and we think having only 1 embryo on ice is too big a risk to take on another fet, also I'm so over waiting. I turn 39 on April 19 so I'm starting to hear that dreaded clock ticking. Sending you loads of hoping you get a sticky one.

I hope evryone else is doing fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

How wet is it!!! Im not looking forward to driving to work again tomorrow. I hope the rain didn't affect your ET Sunny15 and Shazzymoo.

Sunny15 : Great news about the eggs going well, thats so cool that you get to see your little embys under the microscope!!! I send you lots and lots of and lots of positive thoughts for the TWW. awesome day for a date with the couch!!!!

Shazzymoo: How was your ET today? Did you wear your socks? you might of needed them anyway to wear with your gum boots!!! and positive thoughts to you over the TWW.

btmac: oh god, thats what you want, a trickster of an emby playing those crazy mind game on you! Im sure it will turn out to be a cheeky little child who will play those games on you All my thoughts are going out to you and making sure its a sticky one!!!

AFM: Im going well, still doing lots of relaxation and visualisations, im a big worry wart, and all im thinking about is the little emby not sticking! ahhh i thought the TWW was bad... this 12WW is worse! I have no pregnacy symptoms... yet, just tender breasts and occasional twangings down near my ovaries. I have a scan in 3 weeks, i think i will feel better after that. I have acupuncture tomorrow morning and im really looking forward to it, i think that will help too.

Anyway this rain is crazy! My back fence is about to fall over from the rush of the water flowing through!!!

Im sending lots of to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    Well, I just had to cancel my acupuncture and review with Dr lingham today, I am so flooded in. Hope you are all keeping well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all

Kahu - I think you have the right idea taking it easy ... and I agree that the 12ww must be torture! I think that relaxation and visualisations can do wonders! Yesterday on the way to ET I was starting to get worked up about how much it might hurt (1st time was painful) so I did some deep breathing exercises and visualised what should happen while there... and it was a breeze. Sending sticky vibes for you !

Amps - I have heard a lot about DHEA and questioned my FN about it. She said that my FS doesn't use it because of its nasty side effects. I didn't question any further but would be interested to hear how you go with it in your prep for your next cycle.

Sunny - Things went well yesterday - certainly not as painful a process as it was last time. We even managed to make it home again before the roads closed! Yay for being PUPO tww buddy! I too have a date with my couch today.... I've borrowed the Carnivale series to watch.

btmac - Yes I did go nuts... waiting around at my sister-in-laws house with naught to do and not having slept very well... I was a teensy bit cranky. You must be relieved that the bleeding stopped and the scan was positive. I hope that it hangs on ! Sticky vibes your way...

AFM - FS was an hour behind schedule yesterday but we had a compacting 14 cell emby transferred. I was really quite nervous because the previous transfer was quite painful. I kept my socketts on Kahu and as the FS was preping the FN said " Now remember its just like a pap smear" to which I replied "D'ya reckon? I don't remember the last one being quite like that!" But everything went smoothly and it was far less traumatic than I remembered! We high tailed it home afterwards and managed to get home without incident.

Bellavista -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Amps just posted and noticed that you had beat me to it... That's a bummer to be flooded in... I can relate having been land locked myself 3 times in the last 3 years...may get to 4 today or tomorrow...

Stay safe and try to keep from quacking up....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Shazzymoo
    Congrats for being PUPO. Take it easy and best of luck with your TWW. I am sending lots of positive sticky vibes your way.

Amps
    Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Are you flooded in here in Cairns or at home? I hope the side effects are not too bad and the headaches ease off shortly for you. I would of loved to catch up but with this rain I am unsure if I want to be driving in it more then I need to be. I am happy to excahnge mobile numbers and see if it says as calms as it is right now though.

Kahu
    Congrats on your BFP how freaking exciting. WOOP WOOP I bet you can't wait for the scan in a few weeks. I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and the next few weeks in the 12WW fly past so you can enjoy the next 2 trimesters.

btmac
    How are you my fingers are crossed for you. I bet you can't wait for the scan. Good luck.

Sunny15

Congrats on your ET, good luck and best wishes for your TWW. Perfect weather for couch dates with DVD's.

AFM and in answer to Sunny15’s questions, I have only done an Antagonist stim cycle with Bob. I have 2 frozen embies waiting on ice for us. I would like to do the FET with them however they are being quite difficult to get dates with to do it. It’s been really difficult to arrange for April and they are still saying they may cancel me and move it for May too. Then if it doesn't work they are saying they are pretty booked and if I need to stim again it wouldn't be til June but only if I get my period on a Monday Tuesday or Wednesday and bob's last surgery is the 18th June before they are closing til late July so essentially I wouldn't be able to go again til August... I only produced the 3 eggs on the last stim and he is unwilling to try anything else if I need to stim again and well it just doesn't leave us feeling very warm and fuzzy.

If the dates work out for April I will go ahead with my FET with QFG. Should it not then I have an appointment on the 20th April with CFC to discuss options and look at what their treatment plan would be for us. It feels like such a mess in my head deciding what to do. Will see what happens and then go from there. 10 sleeps til Bali and now there is all this media play about terrorist shot and planned bombings in Seminyak where we are staying for 5 of the nights.. It feels like another big deal to think and stew over and the point of this break was to be able to relax and think it through and take the stress off.

They are more flexible with ET’s but with a Stim I was told that I can only start if my period starts on certain 3 days of the week. Alternatively I am required to go on the pill to get onto their cycle dates.

And in regards to name dropping. My DH has an obvious disability and uses a wheelchair so he tells us about the other clients also in a chair and uses their first names but it’s a small community in Cairns and we know most of them all and they don’t know we are doing this and wanted it to stay that way. We are not confident that that information is kept confidential anymore.

How crazy is this rain. I am officially diagnosed with cabin fever, my bootcamp was cancelled BOO FOR CANCELLED BOOTCAMP . We are supposed to go to Townsville this weekend unsure if we will be going still.
    I hope you are going brilliantly, chat soon. Bella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    All is good here, I'm high n dry at home here in Julatten, going for a drive shortly to see if the creeks have gone down and get the gossip from the post office in Mt Molloy. If the rain stays away a bit longer I'm going to try to get to Cairns tomorrow to see Dr Lingham, if he can squeeze me in. Otherwise I just have to be more patient and wait. I just don't feel like I'm doing anything productive right now, I just want to know what our plan will be, like what drugs and doses I will be on.
    fyi - I've found some more info on dhea, studies are showing you can get results in 2 to 3 months and that low doses are preferred over short periods of time. I hope 6 weeks will be enough for er. Also read about very positive results in reducing m/c in older women like me. They seem to be getting better results in the over 35 range.
    I definitely have too much time on my hands, might do the housework later.
    Keep safe and well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone.

I have had a crappy couple of days. I have been having pains in my lower right i called FN totally thinking i was over reacting.... but they are concerned that it may be an etopic pregnacy. How in the world does that happen!!! I had bloods yesterday and FS said that they are OK... not good, but only OK, and the only way they can tell that its not an etopic pregnacy is throuh a scan but it is still to early to do one! anywaythat is me in a nut shell, i just have lots of positive thoughts that the little emby is still in the right place.

Anyway enough about me...

AMPS: hopefully you get down to cairns today, we haven't had any rain so

Bellavista: Is it possible to take the pill to make your period fall on one of those dates? If you go move over to CFC can you take your frosties with you? good luck with QFG but go on your gut feelings, i was talking to a friend the other day and she had nothing but good things to say about CFC. Im starting to get the feeling the QFG are very limiting, which isn't good.

Shazzymoo: I know about the transfer being painful. I have had a LEX proceedure on my cervix years ago so it is covered in scar tissue, so the first time when Bob did the "trial" it was very painful and he couldnt get the first tube in. On the day of the ET they gave me valium.... i have never had it before, but along with the acupuncture prior to ET i was in a nice place "maybe a little high" But it made it so much easier because i was totally relaxed!

Anyway im keen for a catch up with anyone, but until next time lots of to everyone! Yah for the rain to have stopped!!!

Cheers Jo (Kahu)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Well the rain is gone for the moment but the wind has moved in. Bet we will have fences to mend.

Kahu: Sorry to hear things are a little scary. It's early days yet and your body might just be "adjusting". Keeping my for a happy outcome.

afm: I couldn't get into the clinic today, they are booked with procedures so I will have to wait. Guess I will just stay home, might set up a candlelit dinner for when dh gets home from the mine later today. Have to say but this whole ivf journey has certainly killed the romance off. Been to scared to even think about sex. Sorry if tmi but I'm sure I'm not the only 1. Hmmm....it says here that dhea can increase your libido, might just have to keep that a secret from dh, he might suggest I take a higher dose! lol

Hope you are`all safe and well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps – my DP is home from the mines tonight as well…but no dtd tonight or for the next week, darn it. That DHEA is good stuff….hubby wont know what has hit him!

Kahu sorry to hear that you have had a bit of a scare…what date is your scan? On another matter, my socks don’t come off while I am at home…I actually walked out of CFC after transfer on Monday with socks and slippers….good look!!!

Bellavista – wow, you sound like you have some decisions to make. Name dropping is a quick way to lose confidence in your clinic. Roll on Bali and some you and DH time and a little distance with IVF.

Shazzymoo – how are you feeling fellow 2WWer?

AFM
    I find out tomorrow if number 4 embryo made it to blastie.