Closed Thread
Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies!!! Well i did my first POAS and i got a BFP!!!! I also had a BT and my hcg was 490 which is meant to be good. I can't believe it! I was totally preparing myself for a a BFN because it was my first ET... People said to me that i was doing silly things, like after the ET my DH and I welcomed the embie by drawing pictures on my belly, i also did visual relaxations 2 times a day that i bought off Kerri. I also did a hypno session with one of my friends mums. apparently there are studies that say that hypno and acupuncture both positivly help with IVF. I don't care what others think, i was willing to give everything a go to make sure that it was going to work. I also changed my diet, and ate food that my body was kind of sensative to. This was advice from Kerri.
    But in saying that, i know i have still have a long way to go, as all of my mums pregnacies were high risk and she nearly lost my sister in the last trimester. Anyway enough about me...

Welcome Amps! Sounds like a great idea to meet, i can do most days around lunch time as i work Mon- Fri
    Im sorry to hear about your BFN the other day. I have also heard lots of good things about CFC thats awesome news that they work around your cycle! and good luck with your next stim cycle in April!

Bellavista and Shazzymoo: I can't believe that about QFG that you have to work your cycle around their days!!! crazy!!! how in the world is that meant to work??? I can't believe that they put that kind of pressure and stress on people when they are already going through so much. So does that mean that if your cycle doesn't fall into their days that they do the ET, you have to do a stim cycle even though you have frosties?? If thats what that means, i understand why people move across to CFC

Shazzymoo: good luck coming to Cairns, hopefully the rain won't block the road for you

Sunny15: I totally agree with you about the pessaries they are horrible!
    that is fantastic news about the donor eggs!!! have you heard how they went with the thawing and fertilazation? Good luck on Monday!!!I totally love the acupuncture except on the day of the ET!! But it is meant to work!!! Kerri also told me to keep my feet warm during the ET and after because if they are cold ( i have poor circulation) they cause the uterus to contract. I was getting the ET with socks on, the FS and FN all laughed at me but once again... whatever helps. i also wore my ugg boots around home after the ET, even though my feet were sweating like anything!

Well i hope everyone has a relaxing wet weekend!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kahu - Congratulations, that is wonderful news. I agree with you...I will do anything to make it work. I also follow the basic principles of TCM...dont get feet cold, dont get lower back cold, dont eat or drink anything too hot or too cold etc etc. Congratulations again....that is a great beta number.

AFM
    All 4 eggs thawed well and survived and all have fertilised. First hurdle over....we now have 4 little embryos that I hope continue growing and getting stronger over the weekend. I will get to have a look at them under microscope on Monday morning prior to transfer.
    Grow my little ones, grow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone!

Sunny - Good to hear from you! Sounds like things are humming along for you and we'll be in the TWW (two week wait) together! My ET is on Monday too! As for BFBFB it stands for big fat boo for bob (for Bella's story with Dr Bob) - I made it up in an attempt to be funny

Kahu - YAY! for BFP and as for doing anything and everything - I am with you all the way!
    As for QFG - I have a different experience to Bellavista as I go to Townsville QFG to Dr Chang. He is flexible enough and only takes time off over Christmas. He does transfers on the weekend if required. The only thing that I wonder about is what would happen if I started stimming within my natural cycle rather than going on the pill for 4-6 weeks before hand. I understand that he wears a number of different hats and needs to schedule as carefully as possible - but I just can't help but wonder if working with my natural cycle would be better. BTW - Thanks for the tip on keeping your feet warm during ET - I might have to try it on Monday!

& & to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shazzymoo - I am at 11.00am on Monday....what time are you? How are the roads...do you think you will get through? We have had so much rain since 9.30 this morning.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend, despite the rain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunny - My ET is at 12:20 at QFG Townsville - hopefully rainfall over the next 48 hrs will be minimal. We have family in Townsville - so if we need to we can get out before the roads close and bunk with them for the interim. So far we have had very little rain today - even a touch of sunshine. The weather report seems to indicate that most of the heavier falls are expected overnight... so we shall see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    btmac - bugg*r, bugg*r, bugg*r....so sorry to hear. I really really hope that Wazza has another explanation and your little miracle is hanging on. Thinking of you . This process can be so unfair at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

btmac - so sorry to hear how things are going, hope you little one hangs in there

afm - I started af on friday on started taking dhea, been getting really bad headaches each day so not too thrilled with that. Have acupuncture in cairns with kerry Adams on Tuesday, then have appointment with Dr Lingham on Wednesday so I'm thinking of staying in Cairns for the night. If anyone would like to meet up for a chat just meassage me and we can organise something.

Take care all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today Shazzymoo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sunny! Good luck to you too! We made it to Townsville ok yesterday and with a bit of luck will be able to make it home again afterwards!

Thanks
    Reviews
    btmac - sounds promising..... your little one is going to stick around.

Amps - DHEA has a number of side effects, however, headaches was not one that I suffered....but I did get every other side effect!!! In what format are you taking it....troche, tablet? Did you know that you need to be on DHEA for about 3 months for it to work?

Shazzymoo - How did you go?

Kahu - How are you feeling?

Bellavista -

AFM
    I have a nice 8 cell compacting (grade 3 out of 4) on board. Another 8 cell and 6 cell for the freezer and a 6 cell that they will put back in culture to see if it will develop to blastie. Glad that they are giving the little guy a chance instead of letting succumb 'too early'.

I have a date with my couch (all afternoon).....good weather for dvds, doona and telly!!!
    Last edited by Sunny15; 19-03-2012 at 14:57.