Closed Thread
Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

I have heard from Amps and she was having surgery today at 8am will let you know when I hear from her.

I lost our pregnancy so onto the fourth transfer, hoping so much that the next thaw is successful that they make it through the thaw at least this time !!

Hi to everyone I have been so devastated and not enjoying a few little things on the other topics so I stayed away to deal with our unlucky break.

I have to tell you how darn wondeful my FS and the two FN's have been its certainly a turn around from the beginning but I feel lucky to have them on our side now. I can now say I highly recommend and am happy with treatment and they have gone out of the way to discount fit is in always take my calls been thoughtful and kind with our sad news and timely in making appointments and reviews.

Anyway have to run. I have put off coming on to tell you all I felt to sad to deal with it and just couldn't find the words needed to stay to myself a little bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BT x

Anyway planning our 1st wedding anniversary for the following weekend is keeping my mind off it all.

Has anyone taken progynova and if there is side effects?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella, there's nothing anyone can say. M/C sucks the big one, and it's just so unfair. It happened to me too a few weeks ago. Going through all that, and FINALLY getting a BFP, then for it to end is just so damn cruel. I know this whole process is cruel, and I know we should look on the bright side that we even got that far, but really it just bites the big one.

It took a bit to get me back onto the IVF cycle path again, but here I am .

I took Progynova in my last cycle and didn't have any side effects. This time I am on DHEA too. Has anyone had this or any side effects from it? Seems to be going ok so far.

I hope Amps is back soon and rearing to go.

Everyone out there- hang in there in FNQ!

XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies how are you all??
    All good with me just waiting for AF to arrive due tomorrow but need it to wait til Friday or longer. Fortunately with the cycles it has been late each time. This way it times better for my thaw and Bob back from holidays.

I have been running each day yay feels good short 30 minute burst makes me feel alive again. Reading Fifty shades of grey = interesting and amusing other peoples reaction DH loves hearings few key passages. My MIL read said it is total smut but enjoyed it ahahaha gross us out!

Anyway sitting and waiting. Head to the gym this afternoon DH created a new playlist for me to exercise with its great. I hope your all well and enjoying the sunshine x bella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

So pleased to find a dedicated FNQ thread and hope you don’t mind me joining you. I underwent my first unsuccessful IVF cycle with QFG in Cairns in June last year which was cancelled before EPU due to poor response. I switched to Cairns Fertility Centre and underwent my first IVF cycle with them last month. The ET was unsuccessful but I do have 3x3 day embryos on ice. I am much happier at CFC and feel that monitoring during the stim cycle are so much better than at QFG, I’ve also found Dr Lingham very open and happy to discuss options. I went for my review with him last week and he has recommended culturing my 3 embryos to day 5 and doing a transfer at the beginning of August, he has also suggested assisted hatching which I am in two minds about – I would love to hear what your opinions are in terms of the risks involved in trying to get to blast stage and assisted hatching. I am so anxious that none of the embryos will make it to day 5 and am actually tempted to do another stim cycle and leave the frozen embryos in the ‘bank’ as I would like to stockpile a few due to my age - I am 40 and would like to try for more than one child and would like to have a few 40 yo eggs on ice that I can use down the track. I would love to hear thoughts…

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Domiffy

Welcome to our little group. I am a slow and poor responder always with low egg numbers and I feel your stress regarding to re stim and get a stock pile however my embryos my only two frozen both arrested at thaw so this time we are thawing 3 grow out to day 5 if any survive transfer 2 if 2 available and if all survive re freeze the 3rd.

Goodluck Bella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bellavista,

Thanks for your warm welcome. I have been following your journey and was so sorry to hear about your loss - am wishing you a super sticky BFP next time around. You may be a slow/poor responder but your fert rate is great and you are lucky to have the option of transferring 2x at QFG as CFC will generally only transfer 1x at a time which is a little frustrating, particularly at my age when the sound of the clock ticking is deafening.

The prospect of none of my frosties making it to day 5 is really playing on my mind and I'm just wondering if the extra risk is worth it. Oh well, time will tell... for successful upcoming thaws for you, me and everyone else with a FET on the horizon!

I'm also on progynova and will also start taking progesterone in a few days to prepare my body, so far no side affects from progynova though. Need to get back into acupuncture too after the last few weeks off...

Best, Domiffy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies!!

I'm back from Sydney, surgery went very well and I feel like a new person. Still have a bit of pain but getting better each day.

I do not regret for 1 second in spending the money and time to go to Sydney for surgery. Prof. Vancaillie was so reassuring and understanding. Just from reading my file he was sure I had Ashermans Syndrome and surgery proved him right!!
    No wonder with each transfer I was in extreme agony, the fs was trying to poke the catheter through a very tiny hole in the back of my cervix before the cavity of the uterus. The normal opening had been scarred nearly shut, leaving 2 small holes, which with every attempt would have increased the scarring. WTF!!!!!!!!!!
    My surgeon said I would never have succeeded in getting pregnant.
    But now I can and I should start trying right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The crappy part is my dh just left for work again and won't be home for a week, which is the best time for natural conception, dammit.
    Oh well.

Went crazy-mad shopping on monday with all the sales on in Sydney. Credit card is maxed out. I better go unpack now so will catch up with you all later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps - further to our texts YAY can't wait for your lucky day to happen. You deserve it :-)

Ladies catch up some time??? Maybe a lunch/dinner etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    AMPS- That is SUCH good news!!! Imagine...all this time, the little swimmers weren't able to get through!!! No WONDER! And with all that going on, didn't sound like IVF was going to be helpful either. SOOOO glad u ended up getting to the bottom of it all. Can't wait to hear the next installment.

Welcome Domiffy. It IS great to have an FNQ support group. I love the idea of a catch-up lunch/ coffee as Bellavista suggested. None of us have anything to hide, we are all in the same boat, and I know I for one would love to meet people who are going through the same thing up here.

I'm still doing a month of DHEA before I can do another fresh cycle. DHEA not having any side effects so far.

Say - did everyone hear about that new study on the TODAY show this morning (yes, another one, but this one is actually a reaffirmation) that half an AVOCADO and drizzling olive oil on your salad and veggies everyday can TRIPLE your fertility rate. Good fats are beneficial whereas we all know trans fats are proven unbeneficial to fertility. It just works hand in hand with the whole pure foods, fruit and veg, healthy eating plan, but it is an easy thing to try. No harm. And I LOVE avocado! The whole Medditteranean diet style is a winner.

Catch you all soon