Closed Thread
Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Amps I understand about the dark hole. Feeling a bit that way myself. I have acupuncture tomorrow pm also have to run my mum and her dogs to Kuranda after school pick up then straight to Kerri after that!! if I wasn't working I would meet for lunch

I am so sorry to hear your other embies didn't make it - it's so sad to receive the news huge hugs to you xxx

I feel so sick tired and nauseous dreading having to start crinone next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys,
    Just doing a check in to let you know were I'm at. My OI cycle was cancelled yesterday due to poor response. Although we were very prepared for this it's still kind of a bummer. A few tears were definitely shed last night. This is the first time EVER in my life pregnancy was even a remote possibility!!

My options now are to head straight into another OI cycle in 2-3 weeks time or consider "the big guns". DH & I are leaning to give OI another go, so we'll see what the future brings (we'll sit back, enjoy life & each other and stop stressing for a few weeks in the meantime). The other huge bummer is CFC have put their price of OI cycles up from $650 to $1200, which when self-funding, is a huge disappointment.

AMPS ... good luck!!!!! I will be watching for your results and have everything crossed for you. I'm sure we'll cross paths again soon.

Everyone else .... baby dust for you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tropical Bub: Oh so sorry to hear that but at least it was a step forward. I would try acupuncture in the mean time. Kerri Adams is really good, so is Julie Thompson. They specialize in fertility issues. I believe it has helped me with my lining issue. Its amazing what they can focus on. I was at my appointment with Kerrie yesterday when another lady came in with a big bunch of flowers for Kerri because she finally has a bfp. Its not too expensive, Kerri $55 and Julie $75(she has masters degree). Wishing you all the best and hope you to see you soon.
    We've spent over $22,000 in the last 12 months, which we've gotten even not even half back, quite a bit less actually. I wish we had a clinic here that just charged you the gap. I think it suxs. Its not like we don't have enough to stress about! I think the government should put a cap on the fees these clinics can charge.
    Oooh, seems I got on the grandstand a bit there, sorry Ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Tropicalbub I am so sorry to hear your news. I haven't done a oi or iui so can't advise there. We were offered an iui however decided we didn't have time or money to waste on lower odds and we were worried how the additional lower chance cycles may impact emotionally too we wanted to go with what gave us the best chances highest odds. Then due to a newer sperm count result we went straight to ivf icsi.

Amps how are you? Feeling good? I am also seeing Kerri and find her just so easy to discuss options with and such a wealth of knowledge. I saw the flowers there too and assume someone must have had some wonderful news. How yummy was the jasmin tea with goji berries .

I have started on L Arginine powder - oh holy sh!t it is the foulest smelling tasting powder I have had to stomach I was retching... I tried in juice, I tried in jam, I tried in a small protein shake I made.. Foul gagging barely able to swallow... But I have to take it to increase my endometrium lining as it was slow to respond. Anyone else taking it how do you do it?

Am also taking vitamin e caps. I have some truely odd sensations going on in my tummy. Best I can describe is that moment of fear or panic that a sensation of heat and the feeling of your lower tummy dropping it comes and goes in waves but it panics me everytime.

I have my trigger tomorrow night at 8pm :-) drug free Monday... 8am EPU. Monday I have acupuncture and Friday 6.45 (poor Kerri) and again after transfer.

My DS10 is playing afl in port tomorrow so we are heading up for his game and for lunch for me. Hopefully a nice day and some sunny weather is on the cards.

Night x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just did my trigger shot love the new ovidrel pens :-) Epu on Tuesday feeling anxious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry lovelies, but just a quickie tonight....good luck for tomorrow Bellavista....sorry for your cancelled cycle Tropical Bub....hope your embie is digging in Amps.

everyone. Will post more tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    Having a crap day. I'm finding it so hard to stay positive.
    I have to go to the breast surgeon again tomorrow. I have several cysts in my right (.) and a blocked duct in the left. My right side has been getting more tender over time. He can't operate until I'm in my 2nd trimester or I'm definitely not pregnant. Either way it sux. At least it's not cancer.
    My mum decided to enthusiastically tell about all my cousins who are pregnant and how easy it was for them, hadn't been trying long, blah, blah, blah.........she finally got the hint to tone it down when I agreed with another cousin who is getting quite annoyed at having it paraded in her face constantly too. I wish them all the best and hope they have a trouble free pregnancy, birth etc, but I really wish they would tone it down and stop the sympathetic looks. Mum is the worst and she tries to grill me for info. I told her as plainly as I could that I will tell her when I'm ready and I will not be making a grand annoucement when it does happen for us. She's suddenly the worlds expert on ivf, which means someone said something to her once.
    I don't want to go back to work until I know 1 way or the other. I need to let them know soon if I won't be there for my normal roster.
    Clinic refuses to do back to back cycles (I checked today) so i will have to wait another month if this time isn't our time. I hate this waiting and feeling on edge all of the time.
    I'm sorry for the downer here ladies but I need to let it out somewhere. Thanks for being my sounding board.

Bellavista: Goodluck again for epu tomorrow
    Last edited by Amps; 14-05-2012 at 21:42. Reason: mistakes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Amps: Im sorry to hear about the cysts that you have, its just another stress that you really dont need right now. Stay positive and lots of hugs

Bellavista: Good luck today fingers crossed you get lots of big healthy eggs and they fertalize well and strong. Regarding the L Argine, yes it is horrible, i was constantly dry reaching. I bought some empty capsules off ebay and made them into tablets, it was messy job, my DH thought it was so funny cause it looked like i was making drugs. It did the job and the capsule shells are cheap.

Tropical bub: im with bella here, we went straight to IVF ICSI becasue of my DH very low sperm and quality, so we didnt even hav an option. That does suck about the cost going up and i agree that the clincs should only make us pay the gap.

AFM: nothing too exciting on the home front to report, im still seeing kerri once a month. I have my scan on Thursday and DH has managed to fly in tonight for it so im pretty happy.

best wishes for everyone where ever they are in their cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I had EPU this morning and feel so disappointed we retrieved 5 eggs :-( was hoping for 8 my husband fortunately despite all his medical issues was able to produce fresh today so fingers crossed for a good feet rate. Going home to bed I am bleeding much more then last time. Miller said he had to flush many times each follie so am feeling very sore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - it turns out that AF was 6 days late - perhaps it was the moon. I know how you feel taking that powder. I have a 'reproductive powder' and a tonic to take (from Naturopath) and both are foul. I started out taking them in a smoothie, then tried juice but now I just make a shot of each one and down it and follow them with a water chaser. 5 eggs is good - can you teach me how to make so many? I wish you a quick recovery. Fingers crossed for max fert.

Amps - I hope you are having a better day today. I hope you can get your cysts sorted out soon - it can't be easy having that on your mind as well. Family can be the pits can't they? They usually mean well enough but often don't truly understand what it's like. I'm glad I live far enough away from my family that it's an effort for visits. As for back to back cycles - for me it wasn't so good. We did our first cycle last September and then again in November and the 2nd was cancelled. I only had one egg. I really wanted to plough on and still do to some extent - but unfortunately my brain isn't the boss of my ovaries...
    Tropical Bub - Bummer about your cancelled OI. Its good that you can go again so soon. I agree with Amps about capping charges that clinics can charge.

Kahu - Yay for DH being in town for scan!! Hope all goes well on Thursday.