Closed Thread
Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone in North Queensland?

Hi all,

I am presently doing my 3rd cycle and live in rural north queensland. Is there anyone else out there in my vicinity?

It would be nice to be able to connect with other 'locals' !

Cheers,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shazzymoo For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi I am in FNQ

I am at QFG in Cairns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies....Im in Cairns too at Cairns Fertility Centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Im having my first embryo transfer on Monday and i am in Cairns with Dr Bob Miller at QFG.

me: 33 yrs
    ER: 29/2/12 4 eggs, only 3 fertilized.
    ET: 5/3/12
    Last edited by Kahu; 03-03-2012 at 16:02. Reason: add more information

Thanks
    Reviews

Default North Queenslanders ROCK!

Wow! All of you in Cairns.

Hi Sunny and bellavista, are you presently cycling?

Kahu - I hope your transfer goes well today - fingers crossed for a sticky one!!

btmac - I hope the TWW doesn't send you too crazy! I have read a bit about Wazza and have considered flying in and out of Brisbane if things don't pan out here. How many cycles have you done with Wazza?

AFM - I am in Ingham and travel to Townsville to QFG for treatment. This is my 3rd cycle. The first one we got 1 egg which transferred. Second cycle was cancelled only had lead follicle. So FS is throwing the book at me to see if he can get a response this time... So currently jabbing away and have a blood test tomorrow to see how I'm doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I am just got AF on Friday after a negative POAS. I started jabbing on the 2nd Feb, EPU was 14 Feb, ET was 17 Feb and POAS was 1st Mar. BFN

It was our first cycle I didn't get many follies or eggs. Just our hopefully lucky 3. I started on Gonal F - 150iu, then upped at first scan to 187.5iu, Bob thought he would get minimum 6 eggs but only got 3. They are fertilised beautiful to 8 cell and no frag which is a huge concern for us as my DH has a disability which would normally have Frag issues for his swimmers. We will start again in April with a FET

Good Luck KAHU - Fingers crossed for you.

BTmac our friends went to Wazza too after some major complications up here and after 8 or 9 full cycles they got their miracle and he is just perfect.

Shazzymoo - goodluck i hope this cycle has better results for you.

Sunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bellavista - sorry to hear of the BFN. It is widely known that the 1st cycle is a 'test' (lack of a better word at the moment) cycle....FS does not know how you will react to the drugs, so are much more likely to take a conservative approach. I agree with btmac....it is a bit of a numbers game and a BFN is easier to deal with when you have a new approach or different direction from FS. Good luck with your FET in April....it will be here before you know it.

Shazzymoo - good luck with your cycle...how did your BT go today?

Kahu - How did transfer go?

btmac - Congratulations on being PUPO....hope this cycle is the one for you and we dont need to talk CFC!!!

AFM
    I have had 3 x fresh and 1 x FET with CFC and although they have not got me over the line yet....I could not have been happier with FS, FN's, day surgery, adminstration, the whole set up...very impressive. I am totally grateful for FS giving me the chance/s to fall pregnant through IVF....unfortunately, cannot say the same for QFG Cairns....less said, the better on that front!!

I have read a lot about Dr Wazza, QFG Brisbane, being a bit of a guru with older (sorry mature) women, so I sought a second opinion with him. Loved him and was about to cycle with him, when the opportunity of donor eggs with CFC presented itself.....after discussing it with Dr Wazza, he persuaded me to take the opportunity and cycle with him later if it doesnt work out.

So I am currently cycling....day 7 of 2 x 5mg prednisolone per day and 6 x 2mg progynova per day. On Friday, I had an endometrial biopsy, lipiodol flush and endometrial scarifying. Just waiting on the results of the biopsy....testing for Natural Killer Cells and other cell testing too. Then it is my first scan and blood test on Friday and hopefully will start on pessaries.

Thats me in a nutshell....my journey so far.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Man, i am struggling to get all the lingo down! Sorry if i don't understand your posts!! Im getting there, im so new to this whole thing called "IVF"

Bellavista: Im so sorry to hear about your BFN. Im going through my first TWW, its not the best feeling. All the best in April

Shazzymoo:
    How is your cycle going? Its funny with all of the injections, i used to hate needles, and i guess this is a way of over coming that fear!! Best of luck!

btmac:
    best of luck with your TWW... fingers and toes crossed for you!

Sunny15
    : good luck with Friday!

Me: well all of my 3 embies survived the 5 days in the lab, and one made it to the hatching stage, so i had that one transfered and have 2 frozen ones now. which is more than i thought, so im pretty happy!

I have been in a lot of pain since the injection that they give on the day of the ET, but apparently thats normal. So now its down to the waiting game. Im tryng to to focus too much on it, but it doesn't help when you feel like crap. My POS test is on the 16 march.

Its great to know that there are some people from FNQ on here, i know that there are lots of people who go through IVF, but not many people talk about it, so its great to have you all here, and as soon as i get the abreviations down, i will be able to understand the conversations

to everyone!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahu For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

btmac I have my for you. It is such a difficult wait holding out not doing a HPT.. The urge to just see any result was too much for me. I think I am officially cured of that now or for now at least I wish i hadn't tested too early, but then I would rather find out alone before a phone call from someone..

Kahu The acronyms, the different cycles that everyone is on, medication names, doses etc feels like I am speaking a different language to everyone else sometimes. Congrats on your embies... Good luck with TWW and your POAS. I am seeing Bob on thursday to decide the plan for April I have two frosties for a FET, we are thawing both and for a double fet.

Sunny I have no idea being so new to this what any of those procedures you have just had are but

AFM My AF is starting to slow down finally it was pretty heavy and horrible. I am feeling ok, a little low but it was to be expected. I never thought it would work first time, you hope that you may just be lucky enough to wing it and have it all fall into place. But i got the expected result.

As all situations our is unique in as much as we couldn't try to have a baby without IVF. My husband has a disability that prevents him from ejaculation during sex as well as having a sub1 million sperm count and as such it was the first ever BFN for us. We have known since we met that this would be the case but when you actually start the process and you get your first BFN it was tough. Most couples have a few months or years trying without medical intervention, we skipped a step and that can be overwhelming at times. Our life can be medically overwhelming without IVF add it to the mix and well somedays just feel manic.

Anyway feeling good about April, feeling good about heading to bali in a few weeks with a girlfriend too. Feeling really good about Hump Day today and the weekend is now on the right side of the week for me.

How hot was yesterday Thankfully I finish at 2.30pm and spent the next hour in the outdoor spa just testing my DS10 on his timetables !! FUN

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi all

Hi everyone

Kahu - Yay for all embies going the distance so far and for being in the TWW! What injection did they give you at Embryo Transfer? I'm interested to know as I did not have any injections for my embryo transfer in the 1st cycle. I hope you are feeling better.

btmac - Sounds like you are on way more stuff than I am... as for testing early... mmm... in my opinion not such a good idea. I discovered that on my first cycle. I had pregnyl injections on 4dpt and 8dpt and there was enough in my system to give me a false positive. I didn't twig until I remembered that pregnyl is essentially HCG! So when I got the BFN I was kinda prepared for it but it did my head in between when I did it and when I got the results.

Sunny - Like btmac I'm interested to hear about your donor journey as well. It may be an option that we have to look into if we have no luck with this Oestrogen Priming Cycle. Good luck with your scan and BT tomorrow.

Bellavista - I can see how those skipped steps actually go some way to 'preparing' couples for BFNs that go with the IVF process. Sounds like Bali will be fun and good luck for April.

AFM - I have started my orgalutran injections today... on the home stretch for EPU! The FN rang and said BT showed I am on track and to continue as per my schedule. I am feeling FULL which hopefully is a good sign along with twinges and tingles so I am hopeful that I will have at least a few follies on Tuesday when I go for a scan. Although my cancelled cycle I also remember saying that I felt full but only had 1 follicle :{. No, but I am feeling very good about this one! I am working on good food, lots of water, yoga, meditation and relaxation.