Closed Thread
Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love this thread.

My big b*tch this week was how long it was taking to receive the necklace for my wedding which was meant to be being posted to me. You would not believe how stressed I was about it and how every day the package-free letter box was making me unreasonably angrier. Admittedly, they did promise twice that it was being/had been posted over the course of three weeks, which was sort of justifiably irritating. But I may not even end up wearing it anyway, as just earrings might look better.

Btw, it arrived on Friday and is beautiful. I felt like a bit of a d*ck once I had it in my hand.

With only six weeks until the big day, so many of my first world problems right now are wedding related. Like, I'm stressing over when would be the best time to have the speeches at the reception, and if the hotel have actually booked the bridal suite for two nights for us like they said they would. Stupid stuff like that.

More immediately though:
    - I need to do my washing but can't be bothered putting it on.
    - I'm hungry but I'm not interested in any of the food in the house even though we did grocery shopping yesterday.
    - I'm grouchy cause I swept and mopped this morning but the cats and DF have already tracked grass, mulch etc. back into the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whilst in transit from Canada to the USA this week, I had to sacrifice the pure maple syrup I'd bought between connecting flights 'cos the bottles were over 100mLs & I couldn't get them past the next security checkpoint. Even though I'd bought it 5 mins earlier inside the terminal! Then 2m after the security screening area is another shop with the same friggin maple syrup, but its OK to take that on board the plane, grrr! Very trivial when put in perspective, but gee I was cranky at the time. I paid for $40 for 3 fancy maple-leaf shaped bottles, and they went in the bin.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a rent inspection on Tuesday, I hate them! I just spent 2 hours cleaning all the windows inside and outside, yesterday I had to weed allllll the garden beds because the owner STILL hasn't installed plants even though when we moved in we were told they would be down within 6 weeks. I have to clean the floors, bathrooms, dust and do the walls with 3 children helping me because we can never change the day of our inspections AND they give the most ridiculous time frame for when they will come, between 9-5, seriously how the hello a, I meant to keep our house spotless for 8 hours with all 3 kids home?? And my biggest whinge is that despite all my effort the inspector will still find something to pick on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They didn't have any ripe avocadoes at the supermarket this afternoon.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catemer View Post
    If you find any volunteers can you pls send one my way?
    unfortunately no.. but if anyone's keen to do the kitchen..? got rid of the dishwasher this afternoon with the help of the neighbour's teenager and it even grossed him out. the water in those tubes smells like sewage and some of it got on the floor and in the cupboard under the sink. already dealt with the cupboard but i have to deal with the floor before i can cook dinner. it's truly manky.
    and i've already had a shower, i'll probably need a second one after doing that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If I don't wash my spare cotton sheets soon, I'll be forced to sleep on polycotton.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (04-03-2012),Mammytobe  (04-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (04-03-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    The people playing Words With Friends with me seem to have stopped playing. Which leads me to my next First World Problem....
    Im bored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    The people playing Words With Friends with me seem to have stopped playing. Which leads me to my next First World Problem....
    Im bored.
    Get Draw Something!!!

On a related note, the Draw Something app is really slow tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ate too much dinner and now it's sitting in my stomach and bubba is pushing upwards making me want to puke. Lovely!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Get Draw Something!!!

On a related note, the Draw Something app is really slow tonight
    Im under the impression its just for iphones...yes?

I have no iphone. The only 'i' thing I own is an ipod and even that is one of the old old old old Nanos Lol