+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Movement

I am 27 weeks... I'm wondering if it's normal to only be feeling movement really low?.. belly button level and below, but really low... I don't get any movement higher...

I would of thought by now I'd be feeling movement higher, especially considering the doctor told me the baby is head down... if that's the case, wouldn't the kicks be higher?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bubs weights about a kilo & 25cm long, they could be curled up & placenta in the way.

If your concerned, talk to your car provider or call your hospital to have a chat with a midwife.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks, he's very active, but it's just always sooo low...

I'm trying not to worry, but it's been on my mind a little more the last few days.... my gp is not available on the weekends and the antenatal department at the hospital is also not open on the weekends... is there anyone else that would answer questions over a weekend at a hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Webby I'm 26 weeks pregnant and get the same thing. All my kicks and tumbles are at my belly button or just below. My placenta is apparently at the top of the uterus though and bub is laying lengthways. Some kicks even feel so low it's like he is kicking behind my pubic bone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am 25.5 weeks and the same. All my movements are low down. The only time they are slightly above my belly button is if I am lying down on my back. Perhaps give that a go if it is comfortable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Webby,

At 27 weeks there is still plenty of room for bubs to move around so even if it was head down at your last appointment doesn't mean it will stay that way until delivery. I'd been getting plenty of movement down low and at my 28 week check up bubs was breech. My obs said there was no need to be concerned as most babies don't move into head down position (and stay there) until 32-34 weeks.

HTH