+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil5 View Post
    Sorry for crashing. My sister got an exemption purely because she had no one to take her. From memory she did mention something about needing it for work (she's a nurse), but she had no issues getting the exemption. If you write what you wrote above in your application I can't see you having any issues with getting approved. Good luck!
    Thanks, that gives me some hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My neighbour, who does tell porkies at times, so she could've been lying (though I have no reason to suspect so) says that she got approved. She has three small children that she needed to take too and from daycare, and also needed to attend appointments for her mental illness.

I am surprised she got it as she lives with her partner and he has his licence. (He did lose it for DUI two days before she got her Ps, but I didn't think that that would be long enough to have been taken into account.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for starting this thread sweetums

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my stepdaughter got hers last year. she was 18 (only just) and had done about 30 hours. her instructor said that she was ready to go for the test tho. she told them that we can't help her (due to living too far away - 30 minutes driving) and her mum doesn't have a license due to medical conditions and that she had to help her mum get to appts.

i think you do still have to have had some lessons with a professional instructor tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty easy... I did it for my cousin.. She had her learners at 17 and is now 24.. She had more then done her hrs.. So I made a star dec from her partner (who did all the supervision) and then did up a table with from where to where she travelled as eg the distance and time (from where is) and then also wrote a letter as to why she didn't get it and why she needs it. They called her and she got it straight away and had her Ps within a few weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh and she had no professional instructions either.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default sorry to still it again but

Do you think I could get a examption if I only have my learners for 5 months with around 40 hours? Story is

I am 19 and only have my learners. I have recently moved and I have no one who will supervise me as my mother has her learners and my step father wont drive with me or drive the your to come to me. I take driving lessons at the moment But don't have much time for them with work and cant afford to keep paying for them. I was going to apply for a examption once I have done my 10 lessons (30hours) with a driving instructer. But I'm not sure how it all works. I'm a Nanny (babysiter) and work 6am to some days 12am 6days aweek so I need a car to get kids to school ect. And will lose my job of I don't get them a soon As possible.

Please help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jade19 View Post
    Do you think I could get a examption if I only have my learners for 5 months with around 40 hours? Story is

I am 19 and only have my learners. I have recently moved and I have no one who will supervise me as my mother has her learners and my step father wont drive with me or drive the your to come to me. I take driving lessons at the moment But don't have much time for them with work and cant afford to keep paying for them. I was going to apply for a examption once I have done my 10 lessons (30hours) with a driving instructer. But I'm not sure how it all works. I'm a Nanny (babysiter) and work 6am to some days 12am 6days aweek so I need a car to get kids to school ect. And will lose my job of I don't get them a soon As possible.

Please help
    I highly doubt it. To get the exemption you need to hold your learners for a minimum 3 years, regardless hour many hours driving you have done. If you had held your L's for 3 years then yes, I would say you would be eligible to apply for one (not necessarily be be accepted though). But no unfortunately after 5 months you aren't eligible.
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 21-01-2015 at 09:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jade19 View Post

Please help
    I doubt it too. nor would I want someone with only 40 hrs experience driving my kids around either.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is hoping to apply for one after three months. She has three friends that were granted them (due to not having anyone to supervise them) and they are telling her they are that exemption is really easy to get.

One of these friends recently returned from overseas, so has only had a learners in Australia for a few months, but did have a learners overseas also.

I just spoke to my daughter and she said the downside of getting the exemption is that you will have to have your red Ps for two years instead of one.

I just realised that might be a problem for the lady that said she is working as a nanny and needs to take children to school, because I think there is the limitation that you can only have one person aged under 25 that is not related to you in the car when you have Ps - so she still wont be legally able to take children to school.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 22-01-2015 at 10:12.