+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Continual reoccurring miscarriages in early pregnancy

Hi mums,

Just wondering if anyone can help or offer advice. I have now have 3 miscarriages in 8 months.... I'm fine reproductively. He wants to test my genes??

Has any ladies had anything like this before??

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I've not had this myself but my cousin had a number of miscarriages in a short period just like you have.

Ended up she had the genes testing and turns out she can't carry boys. There is something that is affected by her blood type or something.

I think it is certainly a good idea to get the testing done.

Hope you get everything sorted and you will soon be holding your precious miracle.

Good luck.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i had two miscarriages in about 6 months & we then were tested, it turned out we were fine except that i had a slight defect on the gene responsible for absorption of folic acid & that could have played a part in my issues with miscarriages.

We then did ivf & I had a little girl, then 14 months later i concieved a little boy naturally.

Its worth getting tested as they can find solutions to most problems.

Miscarriage is quite common - infact only half of all ova that are fertilised even make it to implantation stage & then many of those are not suitable which accounts for the high number of miscarriage.

Take some time to heal & I would recommend looking into the testing if you do want to try again.

Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I've also had an ectopic in that time too

My results will take 3 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    my aunty had a still born then found out she had thrombophilia, then she kept misscarrying they tested her found out she has factor 5 ladein, appernyly that causes misscarriiages alot, they dont test you for these things usually until someone asks or you have a certain amount, always best to ask, every female now in our family has to be tested for this before they want to fall pregnant or go on the pill or any conttaceptive