+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Thunderstorm; 02-03-2012 at 21:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thunderstorm you do realise it's for a 13mo? Can't see my 12mo starting a vegie garden with me anytime soon lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OP a one year old baby doesn't need 'activities' to have fun with you. Just lying on the floor together, chasing each other around the house (my 12mo crawls after me laughing), having a long bath (I do the bath water really low and she lies on her tummy and splashes). Going outside and looking at the trees, going to the park. She is too young to be interested in drawing or stickers (or maybe I'm wrong and all 5 of my kids were a bit slow in that respect!).

Having said all that, some organized activities might be great for you to socialize with other mums. Lots of mums I know do swimming lessons or kindergym. I did kindermusik with my first and she loved it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    pfftttt forget it.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissHannah View Post
    Thunderstorm you do realise it's for a 13mo? Can't see my 12mo starting a vegie garden with me anytime soon lol
    I started growing herbs and tomatoes in a pot a few months ago, when DS was around 13 months. One of his favorite things to do is stand near the pot, rub his hands in the soil and then 'help' pour the watering can over them all.

I find my DS likes to follow me around the house and be involved in whatever I'm doing - however menial it might be. I give him a cloth and he'll
    'help' me wipe down things. Or if I'm cooking I'll let him bang pots and pans in the kitchen. Keeps him occupied for awhile!

We also read lots of books, go to playgroup and a local music class.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

Thunderstorm  (03-03-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    That is very organised and you must be busy! Sounds great.
    I find it easier to do something planned as DD is very spirited and gets bored at home all day.
    Plus we only have one car so I drop DH off in the morning, if I want to leave the house at all that day, and then i might as well do an activity since Im already in town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissHannah View Post
    DS is 13mo and loves helping me in the vegie garden. This usually involved pulling out the green tomatoes and eating them but he has a ball!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Thunderstorms point is that she may not be able to plant a veggie garden but just being outdoors together is a nice idea. Kids love playing in the dirt from any age so I think that is a perfect idea to have her pat the dirt once mum puts the seeds in. Mum may have to help her but thats the point of them interacting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LilMuffin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMuffin View Post
    I think Thunderstorms point is that she may not be able to plant a veggie garden but just being outdoors together is a nice idea. Kids love playing in the dirt from any age so I think that is a perfect idea to have her pat the dirt once mum puts the seeds in. Mum may have to help her but thats the point of them interacting.
    Thankyou, yes that was my point. And as the toddler ages so will the vegie garden and the toddler will be able to help more and more with time.

Some people can be blardy rude cant they !

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby doesn't have a long attention span either!! Have you tried some toys from www.busybugkits.com.? They have some awesome toys for babies and they seem kind of educational too.