+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I did the opposite. Id rather put the moving kid in on the kerb side rather than try to walk him near traffic to out him in.

Baby is behind the driver and bigger one behind passenger
    We did it this way too. I always get the baby out before the toddler. I find I'm rarely pulling up in the street anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I did the opposite. Id rather put the moving kid in on the kerb side rather than try to walk him near traffic to out him in.

Baby is behind the driver and bigger one behind passenger
    We did this too to keep the 4 year old off the street.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always thought you were supposed to put the youngest behind the passenger seat. Like it was a law. Thanks, now I know its not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We put baby behind the passenger because the rear facing seat takes up more space, limiting leg room in front so much that DH wouldn't have been safe driving if baby was behind driver.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah, definitely bub on the passenger side & older child on the other side. My ds (now 5) climbs into his seat by himself and either does his belt up or waits for me while I put dd in on the kerb side. Then I walk around, do up ds's belt and jump in the drivers seat and off we go. Then we do the same in reverse and ds gets out with me & then goes and stands beside the car & waits for me. If I'm getting dd (5 months) out of the car & into the pram it's a lot easier to have the pram on the kerb side just next to the door so I can put bags on it, then her, then arrange a blankie over her, etc without worrying about oncoming traffic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If your car is big enough/your able to fit, you could get older child to climb into their seat, you get in yours, spin round & do them up from from the front seat.

I get mine to climb in the car, close the door behind them & do them up from the drivers seat. No chance of them running on me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAnn View Post
    We put baby behind the passenger because the rear facing seat takes up more space, limiting leg room in front so much that DH wouldn't have been safe driving if baby was behind driver.
    this is why we put capsule behind the passengers seat and DD1 behind drivers, then moved DD1 to middle once she could be trusted not to touch the baby all the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I left my daughter behind the passenger for a couple of reasons.

First, I didn't want her to feel like her world was turning upside down and by moving her seat. I didn't want her to feel like she was being replaced.

Also, she was only 2, so found it easier to place the capsule on the ground next to the car and put her in her seat and avoid a toddler near the road.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent even thought of this yet. I know we will have the babys seat in the middle, then our older sons seat probably behind the passenger so we can get him in on kerbside but then behind drivers seat would be easier to pass him things and look at him. Also we live in a country town so traffic isnt busy anyway.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent read all the other threads to this but have wondered the same thing. We're expecting #2 in 10 weeks and am wondering who should be on which side. My theory is that the toddler will stay on the passenger side and the baby on my side. Reason being is because im constantly reaching back to tend to her. Wheras when she was a baby, i dont ever recall doing that.