+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Car seats - new baby and 3 yr old - which side?

So I have a 3 and half year old and a baby on the way. At the mo, DD is on the passengers side. Do I swap her over to behind the drivers side and put baby on the passengers side???

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaleggos For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's up to you but I found that easier. That way I could put my 21 month old in the car (just got her to crawl under the car seat) and she could get in her car seat + I could see she was in the car. Baby took longer to strap in so made sense to do that from the kerb side, rather than out on the road.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Bellaleggos  (02-03-2012),MumDadBoyandGirl  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same situation and I hadn't even thought of this! Good idea, I completely forgot about if I had the newborn behind the drivers seat I would be strapping it in from the road.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MumDadBoyandGirl For This Useful Post:

Bellaleggos  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, that's what we've done. We bought DS a new carseat and put it behind the drivers seat already...bub doesn't arrive for another 4 weeks yet, but we thought we would get him used to it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to betherina For This Useful Post:

Bellaleggos  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great - glad I was on the right tracks - my DP looked at me daft when I told him what I was going to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I did the opposite. Id rather put the moving kid in on the kerb side rather than try to walk him near traffic to out him in.

Baby is behind the driver and bigger one behind passenger

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I did the opposite. Id rather put the moving kid in on the kerb side rather than try to walk him near traffic to out him in.

Baby is behind the driver and bigger one behind passenger
    I did this, for the same reason. I can get baby out and hold her, and then go to the kerb and get toddler out without worrying about toddler running on the road while I get baby out.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep, that's what we're doing too. No way do I want to be standing on the road side strapping baby in!

DS (2y 5m) likes to get in his seat by himself now anyway, so figure he can climb through and do that while I strap baby in and then I just have to tighten his straps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I have my 3yr old on the drivers side then the 7month old on the passanger side.
    Find it easier when we get out the car to get her out first then get bubs out. As well as put bubs in first then put the 3yr old in THEN I can get in and go haha. That way the toddler is always by myside from the time we get in the car to when we get out the car.

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have baby on drivers side as I have a tiny garage and that's the only way I can put her in - toddler can climb through the front seat and then I buckle her in when I'm out of the garage.

I like it this way as I am able to pass things to the toddler but also, with a good stretch can reach behind and pat baby on her head when she's crying.