+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 18 month old day sleep

I can't work out my DD. This week her day sleep has been all over the place! Twice she has had no day sleep, not from lack of trying, twice she has had about an hour and yesterday she had 3 hours which is incredibly rare. The thing is I know she is tired when I take her to her room she is yawning her head off and rubbing her eyes.
    Why is it never consistent?
    What are your similar aged children's day sleep like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is 18 nearly 19 months and i have noticed the same thing some days she has 2 sleeps ranging from 1-3 hrs other times she has none she can be showing all signs of tired so I put her down and she is quite for 10 mins then she up talking and banging the cot! I can ignore her and she is happy to stay in there but with out sleep! Don't know I think they start to change there sleep patterns according to people i have spoken to most kids her age only have 1 sleep for 1-2 hrs? Does she sleep well at night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 19 month old has up to 3.5 hours sleep in the day. Recently he has started fussing when we put him to bed though...which is understandable, I keep meaning to get him up earlier, but being 36 weeks pregnant it's just so nice to have a big gap in the day.
    If he's at someone elses house then he will only sleep about one hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes her night sleep is fine most of the time she is usually in bed by 6.30 asleep by 7 and up in the morning by 6.30. She sometimes wakes in the night but not very often.
    When she does sleep in the day it takes her no time to get to sleep, sometimes asleep as soon as she's put down.
    It's do frustrating when I think I've got

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooops pressed send early. It's frustrating when I think I've got her worked out and she goes and changes on me.
    Suppose I shouldn't complain too
    Much as her first 12 months of sleep was hell!