+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default sleep routine and the school run

DD is 9 months old tomorrow and at the moment she sleeps 9.00/9.30am till 10.30/11.30 then goes down for another nap about 1.00-1.30pm till 2.45 when i usually have to wake her to get Ds1 from school.

This is working really well but I know soon she will want to be awake slightly longer and Im not sure how this will fit around school. If she goes down for her morning nap bout 10.00 then Im guessing she will slepp till 11.30 ish so then her next sleep will be due around 2.30 and shortly after then I will have to pick ds1 up.

So what do you other mothers who have a baby and school run do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have the one bub at the moment so luckily don't have this issue, but depending on whether you drive or walk, can you put DD in the car seat or pram to sleep? That way she is where she needs to be when you need to go...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My bub is 11mths old. When big brother started kindy last year I would often walk to school so then he would at least get his sleep in the pram, ds1 catches the bus home this year which has made it easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am in the same predicament (DS 8mths)at the moment its working OK, as he will go down for sleeps at 9ish (after school drop) then 1ish, then I sometimes have to wake him at 2.45 for pick up. It is going to be challenging when he goes to 2 sleeps. I'm guessing he will still go down at 9.30ish but then not go back to arvo nap til 1.30 or later....hmm, not sure what I will do...

Sorry not much help hey! Let me know if anything works for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last year, when DD2 was 18 months or so, she would have one nap about 11... so that was fine. Now she is 2 and half and will only sleep in the car so I get to school an hour or so early, so she can sleep in the car (and I get a park!) I just take a book in the car and read