+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im convinced half of Perth drivers get a lobotomy when they get their licence. They specifically remove the part of the brain that knows how to merge or use a roundabout properly. Soooo frustrating!

Yes I road rage. Im constantly telling f**kwits off BUT Im too much of pansy to yell at them incase they get out and kill me at the next set of lights. I tell them what I think of them but not loud enough so they can hear...but I always give the stink eye and 'wtf???' hands when I pass them or they pass me. "Yeah thats right d**khead, dont make eye contact cos your a F**KHEAD WHO CANT DRIVE!!!....hope he didnt hear that".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Im convinced half of Perth drivers get a lobotomy when they get their licence. They specifically remove the part of the brain that knows how to merge or use a roundabout properly. Soooo frustrating!

Yes I road rage. Im constantly telling f**kwits off BUT Im too much of pansy to yell at them incase they get out and kill me at the next set of lights. I tell them what I think of them but not loud enough so they can hear...but I always give the stink eye and 'wtf???' hands when I pass them or they pass me. "Yeah thats right d**khead, dont make eye contact cos your a F**KHEAD WHO CANT DRIVE!!!....hope he didnt hear that".
    OMG - Perth drivers are f***ing useless when it comes to merging - im sooo friggin sick of people roaring up next too me trying to push just one extra car space ahead when I have already merged. F***wits.

Yes, I get road rage - other drivers sh!t me to tears - I will abuse them in the safety of my own car with the windows up and doors locked haha.
    Though...I will NEVER pull the flicks at someone ever again, some toss was tailgating me a few years ago for about 2km he was terrorising me coming so close, then backing off, speeding up again looking like he was going to hit my back end then swerving all over the place behind me, then he over took me so I stuck my hand out the window and pulled the flicks...BAD move. He slammed on his breaks and spun his car around and chased me thru our suburb. I was shaking so bad, I had my 2yo at the time and my 2 month old in the car...I just kept driving around hoping he would go away. I ended up pulling into the local deli with my hand on the horn to get attention - but he drove off.

My other peeve other then useless mergers, is people constantly over taking me when I'm sitting dead on the speed limit! And people that race to get thru an orange light.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub
    Last edited by MummyHas3boys; 02-03-2012 at 14:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Lol. I'm glad I'm not alone.

I don't drive dangerously in my anger... I'm not the type who gets the sh*ts so speeds up and overtakes really quickly or anything (people do that to me when I'm going the speed limit... I just hope someone catches them for being speeding jerks and fines them... lol)... I just continue to drive as usual and just say mean stuff from my car. lol.

I actually have one lady I'd love to run over. That sounds so bad, but this woman ALWAYS makes me stop. She's a Childen's Crossing lady and she ALWAYS just walks right out in front of me without warning. Right next to teh crossing is where I pull out of the carpark, so I'm like, "yes! Finally a break in traffic, I can turn," and just as I'm turning, she'll leap out of nowhere and then glare at me like I've done something wrong. How was I to know? TO be fair, how was she to know I was turning, but she doesn't have ot glare at me. I'd like to run her over. I'm sick of her stopping me EVERY SINGLE TIME.

ETA - and while I'm whinging, I generally have no issues with cyclists and think you're doing a great thing by not destroying the earth with their fumes... but I hate little old lady ones who ride in the middle of my lane, and just take a leisurely pace. This has happened so many times lately, and I've bene unable to use the next lane to overtake... so am barely moving along at 5km/h. Seriously, if you're going to ride so slow, get off the road. Or at least move aside when traffic comes. Jeez. Other cyclists are fine, but some of these little old lady ones... jeez. I kinda want to roll down my window and tell them to move... (but don't cos I'm a wuss and don't like to come across as a b*tch, even if, going by this post, I clearly am one... lol).
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 02-03-2012 at 13:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, not really. I'm pretty placid and easy going.

The other day though, I saw red.
    I'd just pulled into a parking spot at the school so I could go pick DD1 up. I was about to get out the car when I saw a lady attempting a reverse park next to me. I thought oh gee she is quite close to my car. Next thing I know her car is scraping against my car and I yelled out 'ARE YOU SERIOUS?!' but she keeps going all the way in, continuing to scrape my car, only THEN she drives back out to move further away from my car. I got out absolutely FUMING and she gets out and laughs all like 'Oh I should have driven in forward' and I looked at my car and there was a tiny scrape compared to the scrape left down her car. So I just laughed back and said 'Hehe don't worry about it' her face dropped when she saw the damage to her car vs the tiny scrape on mine.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    No, not really. I'm pretty placid and easy going.

The other day though, I saw red.
    I'd just pulled into a parking spot at the school so I could go pick DD1 up. I was about to get out the car when I saw a lady attempting a reverse park next to me. I thought oh gee she is quite close to my car. Next thing I know her car is scraping against my car and I yelled out 'ARE YOU SERIOUS?!' but she keeps going all the way in, continuing to scrape my car, only THEN she drives back out to move further away from my car. I got out absolutely FUMING and she gets out and laughs all like 'Oh I should have driven in forward' and I looked at my car and there was a tiny scrape compared to the scrape left down her car. So I just laughed back and said 'Hehe don't worry about it' her face dropped when she saw the damage to her car vs the tiny scrape on mine.
    I would have gotten her info. It may be minor, but thats damage to your car! What an idiot she must be to continue scraping her car against another one

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, not really a road-rager. I'll mutter under my breath if I get annoyed, but living in Melbourne I've really had to just try and chill a bit because it's just not worth the stress.

The thing that gets me most worked up is being tailgated, I loathe it! I am a stickler with the speed limit, so I'll only go maximum 1-2km/h above it, but mostly I stick exactly to the limit. The other day I was doing the speed limit on a multi-lane highway (was about 80km/h from memory), and some guy was sitting right on my tail, really close. I'm driving along thinking "FFS, just bloody well pass me!!!" He eventually did, like after about 5km of following me like that. I sometimes wonder if people like that actually don't really realise they're actually doing anything wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm passive aggressive on the roads.

For example, if someone starts tail gating me and I'm doing the speed limit, I purposely ignore them and I take great delight in blocking them in so they can't speed. This isn't a common occurrence though...probably happened three times in my ten years of driving.

If someone does something dangerous like cuts in front of me too close I will beep my horn at them.

But I never yell or swear or make any kind of hand gestures.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I guess I might be the longest licenced driver here, since 1979. I have three speeding tickets against me, but each one was committed by my children, so I have never broken a road rule. I dont ever get upset at other drivers, but I just notice what they are doing. Too many people get killed when people do stupid things or drive when they are not capable of driving. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes... Very much so. And I make it known if I think someone is driving like a *********. I'm not afraid to yell out the window at them, beep my horn or flip them the bird.

I don't go so far as to drive aggressively because of it though (tailgating, over taking a braking etc). I wouldn't ever endanger someone's safety.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Since we're venting about rude drivers, the thing that gets me the maddest is when you are stuck in a long line of cars at an intersection in heavy traffic, crawling along for some time, and someone drives up the right lane which is a right turn only lane and expects to cut into the line... Hey buddy, we have all been waiting for 20 minutes, you got into the right turn only lane you can effing turn right instead of pushing in.

It's even worse when they push in and just make it through the intersection in front of me before the light goes red, and I have to stop for the red light, when I would have made it through if they hadn't pushed in!

Sometimes I just refuse to let them in, and they sit there stopped in the right turn only lane while people who genuinely wish to turn right get stuck behind them and beep their horns