+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm completely laxed out driving, I love it and it really relaxes me Plus driving in a relaxed manner saves petrol, no "on the accelerator, off the accelerator, on the brake off the brake" et cetc...

I've been driving for over 20 years, and have made my share of silly mistakes, so I don't begrudge other people

Peace and mungbeans...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Like the PP's partners, I consider myself generally very patient/placid in daily life but not so much when I'm behind the wheel. I can put up with slow elderly and indecisive drivers (to a degree) BUT I just have zero tolerance for people that deliberately speed, cut other cars off or drive really impatiently and erratically. It makes my blood boil, especially since I've had DS in the car. My big thing is if you want to drive like a lunatic and risk killing yourself then fine, but just don't do it on the road near my car. When someone speeds past me only to have to stop just in front of me at the next set of red lights I love to sit there and give them a little clap and say 'That was worth it hey ****head!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I am pretty laid back while driving....though I do get frustrated by people going under the limit in the right lane when I need to be somewhere!! Generally if I am getting annoyed it's because I am tired, in a hurry, or just feelign a bit crap. When I am feeling fine then things don't bother me much. I do use my horn occasionally when someone does something dangerous and is completely oblivious. I feel like I *have* to make them realise how dangerous that was!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very bad road rage here...I get it from my dad
    Not so much horn use but cursing at idiot drivers, slow slow slow drivers (I don't mind a little but like 80 in a 100 zone peeves me off!!)
    People who change lanes unnecessarily or try to cut in front of you or tail gate
    Or intimidating drivers
    Oh and people who slip up the left side of you and try overtake when there's not even a lane there!!!
    My ex used to yell at me when I had road rage...so many arguments there

I sound like a very angry and intolerant person but I'm really not...unless in the car
    It's so sad that a lot of what I mentioned above has caused accidents where people lose their lives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I am when DD isn't in the car but when she is it's not worth it... "who's the idiot mum? That blue car there? The white one? Which one? What did they do? Why did they do that? What happened?? MUMMMMM answer me!! Which car??? Why didn't they move when the light went green? Why are they driving like an idiot? Why can't they push in? But whyyyy????"

Ha ha ha... I'm sorry but this is hilarious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I am in a hurry (usually not very often) then I say a few rude things ..but my 3 year old is copying me ...so have to watch my language ....she actually told me a toy in the shop was F****n Sh**" the other day..yikes!!

I like listening to talk back or a cd ..so I dont really feel I need to rush..although I watch how crazy everyone else is driving...sometimes funny..most scary..

I have been driving for 14 years with no probs..I actually get 25% of renewing licence ..coz my driving record rocks!!

also remeber when someone is driving slow..or a bit strange..maybe they just got told they had cancer/someone in family has cancer..or someones mum has just died....
    when my mum was dying...well i don't think i was always going 100km in 100km zone...
    Last edited by Maybelline; 02-03-2012 at 13:18.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm a head shaker, and swear when I am on my own. Mainly because I don't want to be in another accident, the first one was small bad traumatic enough.

My biggest pet peeves with driving are people who go above the speed limit - especially when they have just passed a sign indicating what the speed limit is, people not slowing down in bad weather- I don't know why people still insist on driving the speed limit or over in bad weather as the limit is for good weather and common sense would tell you that you should slow down in bad weather and tailgaters- especially when I am in the left hand lane and nothing is coming in the right hand lane, I slow down for these people.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Heck yes. I don't do stupid things, but I sit in the car and yell at others.

Usually things like:

"What a smart move. Aren't you f!!!king clever?!"
    "Well indicated, f!!ktard!"
    "No wucking furries, moron!" (when someone cuts in front of me!)

But if they do something that almost kills me or my car - I beep like nothing else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll often curse to myself about an imbecile on the road but only use my horn (or finger) when they do something dangerous.

I do however turn into an antagoniser in school zones. If I get some tool riding my @ss in their great hurry to hurtle through a school zone, my foot eases off the accelerator , and I'll sing happily to myself as I cruise through at 25/30kph I also make sure I let as many cars as I can in, waving out the window just so the moron behind me knows that I'm waving people through.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Ugh, school zones get me. Especially my son's school zone. It's a 25kph zone 'when children present' and the school bus actually drops off the migrant children at 8 am, as do a lot of the working parents. 8 am teachers come on duty as opposed to closer to 9 am like some other schools.

I always have people enter the wrong lane to overtake me. Last time it was a woman in a massive, huge, 4 wd and I was so bloody angry that she'd do that in a school zone where there's often little 5 year olds running about, on their scooter, etc. I threw my hands up in the air and said "IT'S A SCHOOL ZONE" and poor DS got upset thinking I was mad at him "mum, I don't know what school zone means".