+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Are you a road-rager?

I got my licence on Jan 18th, so not long ago... and now pretty much whenever we go somewhere, I drive. DP constantly laughs at my road rage.

Now, I'm not the type to flip a bird out the window, or honk my horn in anger (I did at traffic lights once - some d-head in front of me didn't move when it said we could turn... and it went back to red again, so we had to wait for hte cycle to go over again... I had an appt and was angry that fool wasn't paying attention), but anyway... I do mutter from my seat. People probably would assume I'm singing to the radio if they looked into the window... but I'm usually saying, "Just hurry up you stupid old b****!" or "THE SPEED LIMIT IS 80, not freaking 50! GO FASTER IDIOT!" or "OMG, stop putting your brake lights on for no bloody reason, twit!"

Stuff like that. The language does get worse though... lol.

I can't say I'm the best driver on the road, but probably because I've only had my licence for a short time, I still remember most road rules... and actually indicate any such. God I hate people that don't indicate - they get the most anger out of me. Or idiotic pedestrians that don't look and just run out in front of you. Or people who don't check their blind spot and start trying to drive into the side of your car while changing lanes. They get me swearing a fair bit. lol.

Anyway, do you road-rage? I've never really seen my mother do it... and DP will do it occasionally, not much... but I'm like I am when I play games. When I play games, I swear and talk much the same as I do when I'm driving.

How about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, and I absolutely sh!t my pants when the same car and I roll up at the next intersection together. Doors locked? Check. Windows up? Check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not a road rager, but I do like to use my horn and tell people off in the sanctity of my Car!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No, I'm pretty placid when driving although I do notice there are a LOT of bad drivers out there!!

The thing I hate the most is when I have to drop DS at school, I have to come out of my street on the main road in peak hour traffic and I have (I mean HAVE) to turn left but get into the right lane because the street to get to his school is immediately right. There is no way around this because the rest of the street has no uturns. People beep me there all the time because they want me to pull into the left lane. Too bad, buddy, horns are for warning of danger, not forcing people to move when they're not ready.

DP is funny because he's the most patient man in history - too bloody patient. Yet get him behind the wheel and he's sometimes scared me to the point where I've almost had to get out of the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm pretty easygoing as most people just make genuine mistakes. I do get angry with tail gaters or hoon type drivers (yeah, i know I sound like I'm 80). I more mutter to myself about them being fwits etc.

My partner is the most placid person ever, would never swear or raise is voice at somebody, but has random road rage. Somebody almost hit us or cut us off dangerously one day and he started screaming all sort of obscenities and waving his arms around and was infuriated. I think he'd had a stressful day at work. It was like he was possessed. He also used to get rage when people pressed the pedestrian button too many times, but he's over that now.

I also find with a 3yo, you can't yell expletives in the car, as they will immediately copy you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm rather placid. When I started driving I got very easily annoyed, for probably a year or two, but now I know that I have occassionally had times when I have been distracted by the kids or something and slipped under the speed limit, or done something else stupid, so now I am much more tolerant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am when DD isn't in the car but when she is it's not worth it... "who's the idiot mum? That blue car there? The white one? Which one? What did they do? Why did they do that? What happened?? MUMMMMM answer me!! Which car??? Why didn't they move when the light went green? Why are they driving like an idiot? Why can't they push in? But whyyyy????"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (02-03-2012),Maybelline  (02-03-2012),TimTamsandTea  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only get angry when people try to kill me or drive like a moron. Sadly around here that seems to be all the time!

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pre-kids I was. I once nearly caused a very bad accident when I cut an idiot driver off; he spun out of control on the freeway and ended up facing oncoming traffic. It was just lucky there was a gap in the traffic and he didn't hit anything. I bet he got a big fright. I sure did and drove a different way home from work for months worried I may come across him.

These days I take it slow. I sit back and am relaxed. Life is too short. I was at a funeral last Friday of an innocent person who was killed by an inpatient driver. It's just not worth it. I do call many drivers idiots though according to my 5yo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bahahahaha let it ALL out there sassymummy!!!! Your too funny!

Yes I am a road rager!! I tell 'idiots' off all the time from the comfort and security of my car.... I feel its much better to verbalise it and let it go, than bottle it up and then end up ramming someone 50 times in the supermarket carpark just because they were to far over the line or something....