+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any army wives in forest lake area?

Hi hubby recently joined army and is posted at amberley! I am really struggling with this whole army concept away a lot and I'm 38 wks Preg with no.2 I have no family and I only have one other friend whose hub is in the same unit! We are living in defence housing and I thought there would be a real sense of community as well but nothing! He just goes about his army and then at the last minute tells me he will be away on guard on task or out field anyways I was hoping to meet some women who have kids and have their hubby in the DF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    On FB there is a page called brisbane army wives where we chat and I go to a playgroup on base( ennoggera) is there any thing like that out at amberly.

My hubby is army to and we live in an army estate and although I have met a couple of ladies here it is pretty much your on your own. Iwould recomended that you you contact DCO ( Defence community organisation) to see if they know of playgroups etc near you.

It does get beter though mate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with fichicken, there are some lovely ladies on Brisbane army partners and also BRISBANE DEFENCE WAGS. The second one has a lot of women out your way.
    Fi, I can't tell from your profile pic but I think we might have met at playgroup...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amberly have a FB page too but it is a 'closed' group (just to allow some privacy and for admin to keep it under control) and you have to request to join.
    Contact DCO for details. They are a very supportive group and don't care what branch (army/navy/airforce) your from. Lots of documents with suggestions for things to do in the area, places to go/avoid.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub