+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I go when I'm curious about their weight and whether they really are growing overnight or if it's my imagination So maybe once a month for the new bub & maybe every few months for the toddler. I love my child health nurse, she rotates around a few chemists in my area so I know when & where I can find her if I need to. She always makes me feel great and after reading about other people's experiences I feel so lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never they were appalling!!! My home birth midwife will do the first check in the blue book and then if is something medical I will see my GP or a breastfeeding issue I will see a counsellor through ABA or a LC. I will never go to the clinic ever again after the rudeness of the staff and the total misinformation they give out ie that ABM is better than breastmilk and that all babies should be on solids at 4 months and that there is no nutritional value in breastmilk after the first 6 months :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Once a month to have DD weighed and measured. Also the scheduled visits.I love the MCHNs at my local centre..its a small branch of the main centre and there are only 2 nurses there who are wonderful and supportive!. Very glad to have them after reading all the threads about terrible MCHN experiences!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We haven't taken our DS at all! He has had a few scheduled routine check ups at the hospital he was born at though due to his prematurity.

I'm kind of glad we haven't taken him to the child health clinic, as he is very small for his age (even at his corrected age) and I'm sure some nurses might make me worry about it needlessly.

The hospital are thrilled with his development and that's good enough for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have not taken either of my sons. Purely because of the terrible stories I have heard of other mum's visits. I really don't see the need. Everything they do can be performed at GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another vote for 'never'

I took my first for all scheduled visits until she was 18mo, with my second I went twice (until he was 2wks old) and decided it was a total crock and never went back again. My third (who is now 2yo) has never seen a Child Health Nurse or a GP, there's been no need yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Never. If I want advice from an idiot ill ask my MIL.
    Hahahaha!
    Same here!

I took DS at two weeks to check with LC that all was going well but that's it!
    Haven't been to the gp other than for immunizations and once when he got thrush from my antibiotics.

Honestly I don't think it's necessary

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't weigh my baby weekly. My Nanna is constantly asking me how much he weighs. He has more rolls than a bakery, he's not starving!
    And OP- only took him to the 2 week check... Or was it 6 weeks? Don't remember! He's now 5 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I also never took him, all his check ups were at the GP,s office , I actually bought baby scales for $60 and weighed him myself for the first few months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get them weighed in the early days - but I don't go now bub is older, I find her information and advice rubbish, I know my kids best

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub