+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I LOVE all the natural remedy ideas in this thread and will be getting some tissue salts for the girls and I. And I'm just going to throw this out there - a friend of mine used Painstop (Night) and would give it to their child before bedtime. She said it got rid of all those distressing wake ups.

Worth a try if you get desperate

Thanks
    Reviews
    The tissue salts are really good. There is natural remedies for all sorts of things. There is even one that can counteract their hyper behaviour after eating junk at a party.

With the pains though, it would be worth checking with the Dr. DD2 got them years ago and our Dr said they were growing pains but when she started complaining again last year I took her back to the Dr again. He said they had discovered there is sometimes a link with what he called "restless legs" and low iron levels. Especially if they were also fussy eaters. In DD2's case she was low in iron and she was put on an iron supplement for a while. Soon after she started taking the iron supplement the restless legs stopped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What iron suppliments? I'm having HUGE problems getting dd to take floridex

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have found an amber teething necklace and a magnesium supplement really helpful for my dd. She refuses to take the necklace off because she claims if she does her legs hurt at night.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has been wearing amber since he was 4 months old. I have upped his magnesium intake as well.
    Funny PP mentioned about the low iron. DS has had a period where he was severely iron deficient and he had to take an iron supplement for 3 months. His iron levels have been so/so since then.
    We have another appointment with the pead in April. Might get him to do another bloodtest and check his levels.

Last night was the worst ever though. he woke up screaming every 5-10 minutes from 9pm-2.30am. I tried EVERYTHING! I took him into my bed so that I didn't have to get up every 5 minutes to settle him. At 2.30am I was THAT exhausted and still clueless of what was wrong, that I gave him a little Phenergan. This helped only a little bit. He started waking every half hour after that :\
    I was continuously rubbing his legs which made him fall asleep, but as soon as I dozed off, he woke up hysterical again
    I took him to see the GP this morning as DS was incredibly cranky when he got up, totally out of character.
    He checked his ears (DS is prone to ear infections and we're waiting for grommets right now), he checked his chest, his throat, etc. but couldn't find anything wrong.
    A shame I only just logged on now for the first time in a few days, as I would've asked him to get a bloodtest done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    What iron suppliments? I'm having HUGE problems getting dd to take floridex

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)
    DD2 was on Ferro-Liquid. Not sure if she's just strange but according to her it was yummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KayBaby - quinine was taken off pharmacy shelves a few years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannielle View Post
    DD2 was on Ferro-Liquid. Not sure if she's just strange but according to her it was yummy.
    She IS! My dd is on it and HATES IT!!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    God ds got them bad once. He was just SCREAMING out in pain.. I gave him panadol and rubbed his leg with some massage oil and used warm wheat bags and the poor thing took ages to go back to sleep. I remember as a little girl I got them really bad. I forgot what they were like until last pregnancy when I started get bad leg cramps in the night.. Its terrible when little kids are in pain

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Ok so can you get a special bottle full of stuff ( but actually vitamen E cream) and when he cries put that on him??? I think its called the placebo effect. If he can understand the special bottle will help the ouch maybe it will???