+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Crocs. They are made in the Devil's workshop and should not be worn by anyone.

Animal print. Nasty.

Faux fur that looks like real fur. I was given a lovely size 1 rasberry coloured cardigan with a matching coloured faux-fur collar and it's adorable, but if it actually looked like a dead animal it would go in the bin.

The all-in-one rashie suits are vile.

Uggs, bikinis, headbands/bows before she has hair, baby tops/dresses with fiddly or bulky buttons rather than press-studs on the back, hard soled shoes before she's walking properly, anything with OTT branding or characters on it - something like a small nike swoosh, Ralph Lauren polo or a small character is ok.

I like the pretty, girly baby dress & bloomer sets, MIL has sent us heaps of beautiful clothes from UK. Pink is a good colour on DD, she has quite olive skin with rosy cheeks and brown eyes and looks like she has a tan. Can't buy anything yellow and green isn't too great on her either, unless it's a mint green with pale pink to offset. For everyday wear she's generally in tops and shorts now, she's drooling so much ATM so I can just change the top and leave the shorts. Her one-piece suits are for night time now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shirts with collars for little babies/boys - they play they aren't choir boys, oh and brown - don't like brown.

I don't mind my daughter (5) in her little shorts - she looks cute - not like there is huge gross bum cheeks hanging out. I hate seeing girls knickers under skirts etc - my dd wears monkey bar shorts or leggings under skirts/dresses. That is my one rule, otherwise she has free range of her clothes to put on as she pleases.
    Last edited by Hannahly; 02-03-2012 at 10:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No issues with bikinis on little girls in this house. We put a rashie over the top when out in the sun but otherwise I think they look quite cute No all in one rashies here though.

I won't allow them to have clothes that make them a walking advertisement - no big ugly Dora faces on their shirts etc.

No shoes on my babies until they are walking.

No headbands on babies...man I despise those things.

Denim on newborns..so uncomfortable. My kids didn't have a pair of jeans until they were walking.

Bright colours on newborns...I like the baby pinks, baby blues and the whites (not the green or yellow though).

No black clothes on my babies, and nothing 'too black' from toddler age up.

Short shorts I have no problem with...as long as you can't see their undies when they bend over.

No dress ups out of the house and no character dress ups at all.

Animal print. I hate animal print.

Stupid slogans.

earrings

Make-up.

Collared shirts on newborn boys..they just ride up and bunch up near their ears and up around their chest and they look so uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I only have a 3yo son ATM, but I don't like:

- branded clothing
    - clothing with slogans
    - clothing with prints or miscellaneous writing - like my MIL bought him this shirt which is fine, but then it has some random cursive writing on the back
    - guns or gun related thing
    - those large flowery headbands on girls

I'm sure I could go on.

My son's clothes are so boring. Just navy or brown or slight striped shorts with plain or striped shirts. I go to a shop and just buy a pile of shorts and shirts and the beginning of the season, and try to avoid shopping after that. If I have a girl child, maybe I'll get into kids' clothes more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love dresses and sets for babies but on newborns everything rides up and isn't comfy for them. So i only bought the softest comfiest things for my kids when they were tiny infants and saved the fancy things untill they were a few months older.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate short skirts, shorts and t'shirts for girls. Why is everything so short? Hello, they need sun protection just like boys. I don't mind bikinis on kids, my 4 + 5yo both have one with a matching rashy. They will wear them without the rashy when we are at the indoor pool. They wanted a bikini because I wear one, it is the most comfortable and practical swimwear I have without buying a dedicated maternity one piece. Being my last pregnancy, I am trying not to by extra maternity gear.

I hate anything that has writing on it, particularly things that say "sexy" or anything along those lines. I also don't like slogans that are meant to be funny. They are just not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate slogan t shirts ..anything with floral print..basically anything from pumpkin patch!!

My LOVE List.....

LEOPARD!!!! (not zebra..not sure why)
    sailor dress
    faux fur
    tweed jackets
    grey anything!!
    knee high sox
    leg warmers
    tu tu!!!!!!!!!!!!
    black and white
    cowboy boots
    and yes BIG massive flowers in her hair!!
    also matching shoes /jacket /hat and gloves ..so gorgeous!!(especially in leopard print)
    my girl has the best wardrobe ..all mums are soo jealous!!! ha ha ha

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (02-03-2012),jagamoe  (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeh... noooooo... Maybelline. I don't think my DS would appreciate me dressing him in knee high socks, cowboy boots and tutus!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Yeh... noooooo... Maybelline. I don't think my DS would appreciate me dressing him in knee high socks, cowboy boots and tutus!!
    ha ha .. you never know?

I have no idea what I would dress a boy in..they really have bad choice for clothes here in oz..maybe a firemans outfit everyday?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Benji  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hate Dora, Winnie the Poo
    Now she's 2 it's no Barbie and no bratz.
    No club wear
    No bikini

Looove Rock your baby!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (10-12-2012),Maybelline  (02-03-2012)