+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate newborns and young babes dressed in jeans or similar clothing.
    Hate big OTT flower headbands, but a nice, understated bow can be pretty.

I won't buy clothing with ears, and I'm not a fan of clothing with dogs on it lol. I also wont buy whinnie the pooh, peter rabbit etc clothes for new babies. My son is 16 and is now showing preferences for thomas and cars. I havent brought him any clothes with this yet, but if he gets given them he can wear them.

Another hater of bikinis. Unless ur old enough to put something in them, u shouldnt wear them.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never buy anything pink or purple for DS.
    Other than that I'm not too fussy. I love dressing him in clothes that are similar to his daddy's like polo shirts and cargo shorts.
    We also don't have very many character clothes, but I love the ones we do have like his hoot pj's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Midriff tops. Particularly in size 7. Wtf? My daughter is 6.5, and wearing size 7... she certainly doesn't need to be showing off her belly! She needs to be protecting herself from the elements, and a belly-revealing top doesn't do that at all. Also, pretty much all clothes on offer for girls in this size-range. The colours are hideous. The designs are hideous, and the little slogans suggest that girls in these sizes are brainless morons who think about nothing more than boys and clothes. Seriously? At 7? My daughter doesn't really think about either yet...

I also hate all-in-one rashie swimsuit things. They look horrible. I don't care how protective they are, they're just hideous. I think you can get just as much protection from a rashie with boardies/little swim shorts as you can with a hideous all-in-one number. DD will never wear one.

Also, that bubblegum pink. Bleh. I let her wear pink, but not that hideous bubblegum colour. It's just revolting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I can't comment on little girls as I haven't shopped for many apart from newborns but I struggle to shop for DS.

Everything is black, that awful baby poo green colour or horrid brown... just horrible, ugly, dark colours. I can't stand obviously branded clothes, like seeing tiny children wearing ADIDAS tshirt/jumper/pants. I dislike the cartoon clothes, Ben 10 etc. I've compromised and let him have Ben 10 singlets/underwear.

Little boys look so rough wearing the main****** clothing, it drives me bonkers. I tend to stick with fairly plain, striped, blue/green clothes. Glad he has a school uniform so most days I don't have to worry about this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not a huge fan of little girls clothes that look like adult club wear.

If I see 18 year olds lining up at clubs in it, my 11yo DD will NOT be wearing it!

A lot of DDs friends shop at supre..I'm the mean Mum that won't allow it. I did cave in once and bought her a Reece Mastin Tshirt that they sell there, but that's only because you can't get it anywhere else!

I don't mind slogans, as long as its just some random words, like princess or trouble, daddys girl etc (like the kmart/target basics range) but anything suggestive like "hung like a 3 year old" on a newborn romper or "stud" , "lock up your daughters", "my mum is hotter than your mum" etc make me

ETA, High heels are also a no go in this house. She can wear mine around the house if she likes, but she will not set foot outside here with a pair on.

I'm lucky with DS .. he is happy with those surf style tshirts from kmart and cargo shorts!
    He has a shoe fetish..but its not so bad, he likes the casual soccer style shoes and vans (which I loathe)
    Last edited by RunningWithScissors; 02-03-2012 at 09:11.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

laurea  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't like licensed stuff like dora etc, anything too short (which can be a challenge), i am not a fan of too much pink but DD1 is a huge fan of pink and so she wears a lot of it (and thus DD2 does too because she gets hand me downs), i don't like things that are too 'busy' i like plain clothes or simple patterns, i don't like bikinis for young girls - mine wear board shorts and rashies and as a babies just a swim napppy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Midriff tops. Particularly in size 7. Wtf? My daughter is 6.5, and wearing size 7... she certainly doesn't need to be showing off her belly! She needs to be protecting herself from the elements, and a belly-revealing top doesn't do that at all. Also, pretty much all clothes on offer for girls in this size-range. The colours are hideous. The designs are hideous, and the little slogans suggest that girls in these sizes are brainless morons who think about nothing more than boys and clothes. Seriously? At 7? My daughter doesn't really think about either yet...
    I hated it when my 2 oldest girls grew in size 7 and up clothes. Target is the worst all of a sudden you can only get leggings in black or white, why? They have all sorts of coloured legging in sizes 2 - 6. And all their tops have awful pictures and slogans on them or are low cut, they are flat chested and don't need tops that are cut low at the front.

I don't like little kids in black or skulls of faux fur jacket collars.

I don't get short bra style singlets either? Why?

I also hate the colour orange - not sure why, don't like it for myself either.

DD1 was given a black and orange velour Tigger suit when she was newborn with a hood and ears!!! It was the most hideous thing I have ever been given for a baby!

Was never keen on jeans on babies either and still don't like tight jeans on young kids.

All my kids have worn various shades of pink - hard to avoid and some of them are nice, we limit licensed products although DD3 is a huge Dorothy the Dinosaur fan and does have 3 of her t-shirts. Have managed to avoid all things Dora and don't think my girls have ever watched her - I can't stand her voice and don't like her big face dominating the front of a t-shirt!
    Last edited by SpottySocks; 02-03-2012 at 09:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hate baby bikinis with a passion!
    Not a fan of the slogan shirts or punk rock stuff either!
    Also..... Sunglasses!!! I see tiny little babies with huge Paris Hilton glasses on and it makes me shudder!
    I don't like trademark stuff either! I told everyone we didn't want any Winnie the poo or anything for DS when he was born. Mil didn't listen so to be nice I took a picture of him in each outfit, then put the outfits in storage.
    I'm a bit old fashioned!
    This is why I make his clothes, most of my three nieces clothes too lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    licensed clothing
    faux fur
    dumb slogans
    pink ruffled/frilled polyestery girls dresses
    heeled shoes
    crocs!
    earrings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Short - shorts. WTF seriously the amount of tweens and 13- 14 year olds (and younger) wearing TINY shorts coupled with midrif tops is alarming.

I have seen so many mothers walking with their daughters in shopping centers with them dressed like this. I seriously have to stop myself from shaking my head I seriously don't get it. I think it's wrong.