+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is there clothing / items you don't like for your kids?

I like to buy all different things for my DD. She has a bit of everything (age appropriate) as long as she isn't wearing some offensive slogan on her T shirt or I'm not really worried.
    My opinion is you are supposed to be able to wear all the cute Disney stuff & princess dresses when you are young

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    I think I'll just make my kids go naked that way no one will be put off by anything she wears
    Lol it's certainly getting that way. I had never even thought about a lot of this stuff before!

Each to their own though of course

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Is there clothing / items you don't like for your kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Neekie View Post
    Those stupid Xmas Teddy's. You know those big ones that are usually ugly. Why? Why do people buy these for kids and babies every Xmas? They're so tacky! And you have to find somewhere to put them! I just want to throw them out. My kids don't play with teddies.
    I love teddy bears. Dh and I went to a teddy bear shop in the blue mountains and spent $400 there. I have a dd due in 5 weeks and I an sure I will fill her room up with teddy bears

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I love teddy bears. Dh and I went to a teddy bear shop in the blue mountains and spent $400 there. I have a dd due in 5 weeks and I an sure I will fill her room up with teddy bears

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I was about to say bloody hell, $400 on teddy bears but then I remembered I spend crazy amount of money on extremely pricey cheeses so im in no position to judge

As for kids stuff, im not a fan of shirts or clothes with obnoxious sayings etc. Like im. A little monster, or if you think im cute you should see my mum/dad/grandpa etc. Anything in that realm I find painful.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (09-12-2012),lones  (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dora. I despise Dora, she doesn't blink enough!

Jeans and hoodies on young babies. DD is almost 10mo and has one pair of white, SOFT denim 3/4 lengths but won't wear a pair of jeans until at least next winter.

She has a small collection of headbands, but has never been bald, I hate then on bald babies.

I love frills (to an extent) but can't stand bubble gum pink either... she just went up a size and thank God has only two pink items now, one long bonds suit one short onesie with hearts.

I don't mind some brand name/slogan stuff, ie Elmo and minne mouse and she has a super cute top that says "love is all you need".

She will never own midriff shirts or shorts that you can see her bum cheeks in if I can help it, or a bikini while little. I am buying her an all in one rashie with a floaty vest in it though as she love love loves the pool and I want her as safe as possible (she hates those blow up seat things).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Is there clothing / items you don't like for your kids?

I dont like the singlet shirts(shirts without sleaves) for kids. One thing i never ever buy.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Majorly dislike branded clothing/items like Dora, Ben 10, Toy Story etc.. If my kids have any it wasn't bought by me. I especially dislike branded quilt covers, seriously if people buying toys, dvd's, t-shirts isn't enough lets just top it off with a quilt cover and do out the bedroom in it too. Much rather do a nice owl/butterfly/flower or car/truck/boat theme or choose colours rather then a character.
    Other then that, I do sort of laugh at people that buy majorly expensive clothing for young children, like Ralph Lauren or other high line brands, seriously they're kids why waste $50 on a t-shirt when you can get one for $10 and don't have to stress when it gets stains on it? Regardless of your financial situation I just don't see the sense in it.

Other then that, nothing else much bothers me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh dear, DS currently has a Ralph Lauren polo on! ( half price from DFO )

Thanks
    Reviews

My son is 3.5 yrs old. My style is his style... He wears nice Kmart tshirts with cars and bikes on them, not slogans. No white clothes. Board shorts only. Nothing preppy, trendy, retro, hipster at all. No plastic/rubber shoes eg crocs. Only characters allowed were Thomas Tank when he was younger, and now Cars, Spider-Man, or Lego Star Wars.
    I think I dress my son really well on the cheap. I love Kmart and Big W. Having said that, if I had a daughter i expect I would dress her at Target while shes small and Kmart when she's bigger

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't like bikinis on little girls, or those swimmers that make little girls look like they have curves (I think it just does not suit their body type at all).
    I don't dress my DD (still a Bub) in unisex clothes, all her outfits are feminine and cute
    I hate short shorts and heels for kids with a passion, but I don't mind short skirts as long as tights are worn under them
    Age appropriate clothes are just nicer, clothes that look like small versions of adult wear is just unflattering and uncomfortable looking. I really hate seeing kids in clothes that would make a hooker blush. I remember seeing a girl, probably around 10 years old, in hot pants, a midriff top, and plastic heels and this middle aged man was leering at her in the grossest way possible, and its stayed with me all this time. My daughter will be dressed like a child (until her teens, then she will be dressed modestly haha).

I love crocs, I'm wearing a pair right now, and they are soooooo comfortable. They also come in more normal looking shoe types now and I have a pair of those for more formal occasions. I know they are pretty ugly (although mine are solid black, in fake crocskin and don't look that bad), but they mould to your foot and are just perfect. They are easy to wash and you can wear them anywhere without worrying about ruining them I got a fake pair for when I went to hospital to have DD (I wanted a cheap pair of slip on shoes to wear around that wouldn't matter if I lost them), and they impressed me so much I had to buy a real pair.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

Steelart  (09-12-2012)