+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammyla View Post
    Bikinis for babies and little girls. Come one who are we fooling, it sexualizes them to start of with, and also we live in Australia with high rates of sun cancer. Buy a cute rashie. There is no excuse to not have one there are plenty available. Oh and heels and makeup for girls under 10.
    Yesssss!
    I think the cute little one pieces with frills etc are gorgeous for indoor swimming but outside or at the beach, definitely a rashie. I think the whole triangle bikini thing on babies and toddlers just looks icky.

Whoever said jeans on babies- I agree. I hate wearing pants as if I'm going to make my baby wear them. Even 15m/o DS gets around in onesies they just look so comfy.

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont like licensed clothing, but my mum buys it for them sometimes. DS wears it if he wants. I generally let DS choose his own clothes as otherwise he won't wear them and it's a waste of money. I have said yes recently to purple skinny jeans and baby blue leggings with a frill on the bottom, but have said no to skull shoes. I like his shirts to be cotton. I like all of DD's clothes to be cotton. No denim for DD or black/dark colours if I can avoid it ad she is only 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will not buy skimpy clothing and am not into black clothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not fussy my kids wear stuff they like and they can play in I dont feel the need to try and dress them all posh they are kids patterns, characters and sayings on clothing to me is part of it.

As for the short shorts my dd wears them not because I want her to or she wants to look like a tart but more the fact she is 6 and just fits into a size 2 so no shorts or skirts are going to fit correct for her an living in the north of aus it's hot. I think this is why kids grow up to be teenagers with such attitude and look down on other friends that aren't dresses to their standards because it's getting pushed onto them from birth I understand that don't buy it if you don't like it but if your brought it as a gift is it really that hard to dress your child it in and move on.

I know this is just a general question but society is getting so bad with this kid of thing we need to let kids be kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I noticed a lot of people are saying 'they are not into etc' but what about what the child likes. What if the child wants to wear black or pink!? Or really wants light up shoes, dress up clothes, a shirt with there favourite character on it. Why is it about whether the parents dislikes when the child is a little person and may have there own likes and dislikes different to the parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I noticed a lot of people are saying 'they are not into etc' but what about what the child likes. What if the child wants to wear black or pink!? Or really wants light up shoes, dress up clothes, a shirt with there favourite character on it. Why is it about whether the parents dislikes when the child is a little person and may have there own likes and dislikes different to the parent.
    I let my older boys ( 7&5 ) pick what they like, unless they are at school when I'm buying clothes the only restrictions I put on, is how much something costs, I'll check the price tag and say yes or no

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MummyHas3boys For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    You can get cute casual shoes like converse all stars that aren't like a runner sort of shoe for those things
    But those types of shoes are really bad for little feet.
    They offer no support or cushioning...
    Dd has a pair of sandals and a pair of runners, both professionally fitted as she has feet that are flat and turn in.
    That's all she has til she out grows them.
    I would rather her have two pairs that are good for her feet than 100 that aren't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    really dont care.
    my kids choose their clothes
    and we are yet to have a fight about it.

sent from brain to Iphone to BubHub~ a game of chinese whispers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No really short shorts, no dresses or skirts an inch or so above the knee, no crop tops, bikinis or things that show her belly. Nothing with a low cut neck and nothing skintight.No ugg boots and no denim skirts.

I like my little girl to look like a little girl.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

laurea  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    DD went to school in a 'I love Justin Beiber' Tshirt the other day.....much to my dismay....so although I have strict rules regarding what she can wear, if its within the boundaries, she can wear what she likes.

DD would never stamp her feet at my choices though because I give her valid reasons for my rules and she understands them.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (05-03-2012)