+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love skinny jeans on my DS3. i got some girl ones from Witchery and they are super soft and comfy. he is pretty slim though....

This thread is hilarious! I never knew i was committing so many fashion faus pas!
    must remember, no sneakers with jeans (i really never knew that was a no no) and to check the complexion of my baby in case some colours don't suit her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate skinny jeans mainly and those colored jeans that are 'in' atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    I buy slogans, characters, skulls. My son has a Metallica t-shirt, he just turned one.

What I don't like is short shorts for little girls or bikinis.

And why do baby clothes have pockets? What is a newborn going to put in said pocket?
    Newborns have plenty of important stuff to put in their tiny pockets just like pregnant women don't need pockets at all. No maternity clothes especially pants ever had pockets

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like baby boy clothes like jeans or shirts (collared button up) that look like what a teen would wear, they're not babies for long so I want to dress him like a baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Looks like I broke heaps of the rulez

DS was given a Tigger suit when he was born and it was so soft and warm and gosh darn cute!,

Some fool mall gave him a onsie with Collingwood printed all over it - now THAT was foul but it made MOTH all goo goo gah gah

Dd had a few headbands, wore what ever color we were given we had some licensed stuff given to us and they wore most of it

Most what I've bought for the kids has come from op shops, so it's been every hue and color with everything from stylized skulls to angels

I can't afford 10 different pairs of shoes to match each outfit, my kids grow out of them too quick, so often it's sneakers with everything

My concerns are comfort, convenience, sun safety and modesty over fashion - and also I need to pick my battles.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Hari  (09-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I don't buy brand names for the kids if my kids have any branded clothes or shoes, they're either hand-me-downs or sent from overseas!
    Same.. I am not fussed about what my girls wear as long as it's not too adult. We don't do bikinis but do tankinis with rashies and am not a fan of anything too frilly unless it's for a special occasion. They are kids after all and I can't afford to be buying the most expensive and pretty clothes that will be wrecked after a few wears.
    I always said that I didn't want girls that were into pretty stuff, barbies and the like but now that DD1 is 5 she tells MIL what she wants and hey presto there it is :-(
    Another big hate for me is pierced ears on babies and make up on primary school girls..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope i fine with just about anything here even Crocs .

Ds doesn't have any toy guns yet though he does have this light saber thing and he loves it and yes i will probably say he will have toy guns when he is older because i don't believe that my son is going to become an axe murder when he is older just coz i let him play with toy guns when he was younger though when he holds on to sticks he sometimes goes bang bang so similar.

Only thing i won't let him have is soft drink to many lollies/chocolate and those energy drinks.

But ds has clothing of every colour except pink and purple including black and band t-shirts slogans t-shirts and Thomas banana's in pajamas Roray etc clothing.

I really don't mind and i am letting my son have fun and wear whatever he wants.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Confusedmum12 For This Useful Post:

Hari  (09-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppykissesmonsterhugs View Post
    Light up/squeaky shoes
    Sloppy, can I just ask why not the light up shoes? Fully understand on the squeaky shoes that would be annoying!! But DD chose a cute pair of pink sneakers that we didn't realise light up till we got home, and she LOVES them... lol. Hope they aren't seen as tacky... eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS loves skulls/pirates so I allow them ONLY for pyjamas. I try not to say no to his choice, but sometimes I think 'guiding' them is neccessary . I'm fine with monster trucks, racing cars etc. I prefer not to buy the licensed stuff (always said I wouldn't) but it is hard as they get older, start school, and want to fit in/show off their "Ben10 t-shirt". For my DD I will NEVER buy any form of short/mini skirt. And also don't really like anything too lacy, unless its minimal. I also dont like spaghetti straps on tops/dresses, but that's more to do with the fact they always slip off my DD shoulders. Fussy much?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dress DD according to what is age appropriate, modest, comfortable and suited to the situation/environment we are in. I don't like licensed clothing (Dora, Thomas etc) but thankfully we have not been given any so I've not had to fight that battle. However there is absolutely NO football branded clothes!! I have forwarded a couple of jackets and onesies to good Sammy's already. I just can't stand seeing babies in football branded clothes!! Also no bikinis, mini skirts, high heels or makeup. She is a child and she will dress like one.