+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 weeks pregnant with Clot in my Cervix??? TMI

I was wondering if anyone has had something similar. I am 8w1d pregnant. 2 and a half weeks ago I started spotting only when I wiped. There were streaks of blood in my cervical mucus. It was on and off. Then last Wednesday I had my first midwife appt. just before the appt I went to the toilet and when I wiped there was a piece of 'tissue' . It was flat about the size of a 50c piece. There was hardly any blood just the spotting as before. I had taken a photo and showed the midwife who showed the OBGYN. He thought I had miscarried so I had HCG tests and an ultrasound. The HCG was rising and the ultrasound was normal, right size and a heartbeat. The embryo had implanted high on my right hand side of my uterus. No one could tell me what they had thought I passed.
    The spotting has continued off and on. This morning I strained while having a bowel movement and passed a bit more blood then usual. I saw my GP and she had a look at my cervix. She says she can see what looks like a blood clot sitting in my cervix. She can't say it is a clot, and says she has never seen anything like it. The bleeding is still only when I wipe. I have no cramping just usual twinges. I have another viability scan scheduled for tomorrow andan appt with the OBGYN on Tuesday.
    Has anyone had something similar happen to them?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my viability scan and the baby is fine. Quite far from my cervix. The 'clot' is about 5 cm long, and may be a polyp but the midwife is not sure since it doesn't seem to have any major blood vessels feeding it. So we will see what the OBYGYN says on Tuesday. Hopefully he has some answers!

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi ,

Sounds a little worrying for you but glad you're having great check-ups. I hope everything goes well for you and your little one.

Good luck!

Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I have no idea but couldn't read and not give some .

I'm sure everything will be fine.