+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Their 2nd names are after my parents.
    It's tradition to name children after your parents for us, but we decided to use them as second names. Me and my siblings are each named after our grandparents, I have my paternal grandfathers name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd first name is a name we really liked
    However dh grandmother has the extended version of her name
    Her middle name is the same as mine and mums middle name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD's was named after a character in my favourite book and a famous person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS's middle names are mine and DF's grandfathers, both on our mother's side.

This baby's middle names will be mine and DF's father's names.

Their first names are just because we liked them

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We both agreed on our son's name, Jeremy, as it reminded us of one of favourite songs. He wasn't named after the song, but we both loved the name and the song as well. Also, DH's fave book is "To Kill A Mocking Bird", and there's a character called Jem in the book, which DH always loved. So we named him Jeremy and we call him Jem for short. I love that his name is not extremely common, but still a strong, classic name. Also, "J" names run in my family, so the name is perfect for us.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 01-03-2012 at 19:59.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Kaktuz  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    DDs first name was because I couldn't think of anything else I liked that DH would agree to, I still don't love it and have since thought of a much better name that suits her. Her middle name is her aunts and great-aunts, we choose her name before birth and she ended up being born with matching dimples to her aunts.

It's important in our family to acknowledge those who have come before us and the create a legacy for them.
    I'm curious as to how old your DD is?? Do you think her name will grow on you? Would you ever consider changing it if she's young enough, or just give her a nickname?!

inkognito is offline Moving on is simple, its what you leave behind which makes it hard
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS's middle name is my fathers nickname growing up, no one in my fathers side of the family has used his given name in nearly 60 years so his nickname seemed more appropriate

DD's middle name is handed down from MIL side of the family, it is MILs middle name and her mothers maiden name so it has a bit of history behind it

First names don't have any family history, they are just names that we liked, though apparently DD has the same name as her great great grandmother
    Last edited by inkognito; 01-03-2012 at 20:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS1,first name is a unique name close to a common name DP wanted, his middle name is my dads middle name.

DS2, first name is a name that Dp liked, his middle name is DPs, and DPS dads, and DPS dads dads middle name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1s middle name is DHs first name. His first name was chosen off a street sign long before we even thought about TTC

DS2s middle name is a musician.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD's middle name is a family name of sorts (my mum's middle name and DH's grandmothers first name)..

Her first name came from a character from our favourite sci-fi tv show.