+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Smile Was there a reason choosing your bubs names?

DD is named after my and DHs grandmothers (first name after DHs grandma and middle name after mine).
    I was just wondering if there was a reason you chose your bubs name...like after a relative,or any significance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS middle name is after my Dad (his pop). He had all daughters and this was first grandson, so very special.

TBH it's an ugly name that my sisters give me crap for (!!), but middle names for me are sentimental, as most people don't actively use it anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    His middle name is after my Dad, I had a dream when I was in high school that I had a son called Elijah, so when I found out I was pregnant I told DH it's a boy for sure and I think we should call him Elijah, he wasn't overly keen but about 2 months before he was born he was cleaning out the study to make the nursery and he came running in saying he was carrying a box full of all my old books to the garage and one small one fell off, a small little religious book my grandmother gave me, The Book of Elijah ! he said it was a sign!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    His first name no we chose it because we loved it. We chose his middle name because my beloved uncle passed away in a car accident 5 days after I found out I was pregnant so we used his first name. We didnt find out the gender until DS was born and we had picked names for either so it really just felt like fate to us when I had a boy

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 1st DD is after my sister who died 20 years ago My 2nd DD is after my great grandmother (both first and middle name) just because I loved the name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We gave our kids English sounding names to help them fit in here and save them the grief of a hard to pronounce name.

DSs first name was a compromise as DH wanted something truly hideous, it ended up being a good compromise as I love his name. His middle name is his uncles, great-uncles and great-grandfathers name, his great-grandfather was a war hero, so it's a very good name too.

DDs first name was because I couldn't think of anything else I liked that DH would agree to, I still don't love it and have since thought of a much better name that suits her. Her middle name is her aunts and great-aunts, we choose her name before birth and she ended up being born with matching dimples to her aunts.

It's important in our family to acknowledge those who have come before us and the create a legacy for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Her first name is from the bible, her middle name is a family middle name. If I had a boy, the first name I had chosen was of a Catholic saint, the middle name was a family name. I had 2 middle names, which are now my nephew's first and middle names

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    First names have no family connection but middle names are after family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently both dd's father's grandmothers had the same name as her. Her father's mother refused to meet dd but told her aunty that it's great she has a family name. I was annoyed, but said nothing. Apparently her father's parents had a fight over which of their mothers she was named after. She was 2. At 5 when she met dd and was nasty to her I said her first name bears no family meaning, it's from the bible and I had no way to know her 2 paternal great-grandmothers' names because until I had her father charged I only knew his first name, and certainly no other family member!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son's first name (Kaleb) was chosen because I like it His middle name (John) is my fathers name (and DS's father's middle name), I felt it would be a lovely gesture that my dad's first grandson would have his name.

My daughter's first name (Gretchen) was chosen to link her with her European heritage - my father's family emigrated from Holland. Her middle name (Leanne) is my mothers' name and again a gesture I wanted to make towards honouring my mum coz I love her!