Apologies, as I know that similar threads have been done before (and I have had a read of a couple), but would like some more suggestions/advice if anyone has any to give.
DD is just on the cut off for school (born end of April) and is 22mths at the moment.
I have been told by multiple people in the last couple of weeks that I should have already been putting in applications for 3 year old kinder....oops! So now I am considering my options......
She is currently at daycare 4 days a week while I finish my degree (hopefully by the end of the year)....I don't know what my working hours will be after this but I would like to only work 2 days if possible and hope to have another baby at some stage in the next 12-18months. So, my options are:
1) leave her at daycare to do their kinder program (they have a qualified teacher, but this might be only for 4 year olds....will have to check it out).
2) enrol her in a 3 year old kinder program next year and possibly have her repeat it if necessary (or, go into 4 year old kinder and repeat that the year after)
3) wait a year and enrol her in 3 year old kinder in 2014 (but she will be 4 in April of that year , so not sure how that works).
What do I do?!?
It's a bit hard to predict how she will be in another years time. She is quite reserved in general, but has really come out of her shell in the last couple of months (since getting grommits) and her language is delayed at the moment due to a hearing impairment (now fixed).