+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post

But when asked simple questions like, When all the animals walked out of the Ark - how did all the predators [meat eaters] not wipe out their prey in a couple of bites?
    Then it jutst all comes down to 'faith'.
    Ok, I've had a bit of a read of this thread so I hope I don't answer something again (but I don't have the concentration to really check If it has - also there's my disclaimer if it doesn't make sense!)

I think we're never going to know those intricate details for a few reasons:

1. For this specific example - the book that contains the record of the flood wasn't written by the person in the flood itself - it would've been an event passed on verbally to its author. So could finer details be lost? Yes probably - considering they were human writers.

But if those finer details were there, like how did Noah collect the animals, how did he manage waste etc would it make a difference to people's beliefs?

I doubt it. Why? Because there are prophesies recorded before the event occured with such great detail that there was no denying their application Or the actuality Of the event.

Despite that - people say that it must of been written after the fact then. So with not enough information - people doubt the events authenticity. With more that enough detail, again they doubt it's authenticity.
    The bible says its writers were human, writing under God's inspiration (meaning events, conversations were more easily recalled to record and information unknown revealed - like in the case of prophesy). So on that premis, God has revealed either a little information, or a lot to that particular author. So based on that idea, God must reveal only what he wants - and yes the rest of the detail comes down to faith.

Using the Noah example again, if we believe that God helped him and his family over many decades build that ark - then we must believe that he would take care of the rest..to get them safe and sound. What if some continents were still joined by land bridges? What if the creator decided to spread animals out so that as humans we could enjoy different animals? We just don't know and that's where faith plays a part - faith that God took care of it and that we just dont know it all yet.

For me personally, I don't believe that the earth is 7000+ years old. There are passages which may seem like they should be taken literally, but are in fact symbolic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe Noah had brought enough food, what if G-d had pre warned the chosen animals to get to the ark
    In advance, maybe they were all in cages, maybe G-d told the carnivores not to eat anyone, maybe they all fasted for 40 days, no one knows for sure! That is the beauty of the bible , it is wide open for interpretation because if G-d made it too easy we wouldn't be talking about it!

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What I was trying to get to - is that to feel comfortable about the questions that have no answer, you have to have a few starting beliefs - like a belief in God, a belief in his power, ability to do things unseen and powerful. With those starting points, you build on your faith and come to accept not everything is revealed, just like any relationship. But the things that are essential to the progression and success of that relationship are revealed and are sufficient enough to built on it securely.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (03-03-2012),ShanandBoc  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't get how Noah repopulated the earth with only his family on board the ark!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Maybe Noah had brought enough food, what if G-d had pre warned the chosen animals to get to the ark
    In advance, maybe they were all in cages, maybe G-d told the carnivores not to eat anyone, maybe they all fasted for 40 days, no one knows for sure! That is the beauty of the bible , it is wide open for interpretation because if G-d made it too easy we wouldn't be talking about it!
    This is how I think. Maybe the carnivores were made to ignore their instincts for a certain period of time, like the lions in the lions den in the story of Daniel. There's a million possibilities, but none of it really make s a difference to me

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (03-03-2012),sunnyflower  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I don't get how Noah repopulated the earth with only his family on board the ark!
    Noah took his 3 sons and their 3 wives were on board so I think they were the ones that did some baby dancing when they got off the ark!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    [QUOTE=BabushkaMumma;6414970]

Using the Noah example again, if we believe that God helped him and his family over many decades build that ark - then we must believe that he would take care of the rest..to get them safe and sound. What if some continents were still joined by land bridges? What if the creator decided to spread animals out so that as humans we could enjoy different animals? We just don't know and that's where faith plays a part - faith that God took care of it and that we just dont know it all yet.

QUOTE]

...and that is how you dismiss millions of years worth of evolutionary evidence - fossils found in sedimentary rock all over the world?

That God shuffled animals from one continent to the other for Man to enjoy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol no, you asked how there are all marsupials in one concentrated area..
    I just was throwing an idea out there...!

If I did dismiss it - I would believe that the earth was 7000+ years old. Which I don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Noah took his 3 sons and their 3 wives were on board so I think they were the ones that did some baby dancing when they got off the ark!
    Still, all related!

I just find the whole story totally unbelievable.

People in the old testament lived longer than people do now

Thanks
    Reviews
    BigRedV, genuine question - how do you think we have the current population?