+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 369
  1. #291
    Witwicky's Avatar
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,630
    Thanks
    4,446
    Thanked
    3,495
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    Good article here that explains it much better then I could (hopefully they let me link it here)

    http://creation.com/where-did-all-the-water-come-from
    Ooohh there is so much wrong with that article that's it not even funny. I would like to come back later whilst on the PC to respectfully discuss it

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    Good article here that explains it much better then I could (hopefully they let me link it here)

    http://creation.com/where-did-all-the-water-come-from
    Wow!! Did they know about the mantle in the bible?? remember if its not in the bible it didn't happen!

    I think what you'll find there is a link to a creationist site with references to other creationist sites.
    If you WANT to enjoy science and use it to back up your argument..probably best you do so properly, with actual scientific data.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

    Witwicky  (03-03-2012)

  4. #293
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    ...there are lots of Mountains in the Middle East above them is the sky which some people call 'the heavens'.

    and if you are talking about 'ALL the mountains in the WORLD' <-- 'World' being that section pictured in the map ..a NOT the 'world' as WE know it today, the you get a flood that happened in the middle east. easy. which I'd gladly accept - because there is PROOF of floods throughout the world and history books.


    Exaggeration is a GREAT part of story telling too


    ..again -- If I say, "my whole world fell apart!!" ..does that affect you? does that mean the Earth literally crumbled!?? ..because I AM talking about the 'whole world!'
    The Bible clearly says "all the mountains under the heavens" - not "the mountains in a little area of the globe stretching from XX latitude and longitude to XX latitude and longitude" or whatever you would like to think it says. It is perfectly clear to me- I'm not sure how much more clearer they have to make it for you. It sounds like you just don't want to believe there was a worldwide flood and nothing we say is going to change that- if you are just going to write everything we say off to exaggeration, maybe this is the wrong thread for you to be in- this thread was for people who want to discuss Christianity, not prove to themselves how they think they are right and everyone else is wrong.

    No, (again- for the second time) I would not believe you if you said your world fell apart. I take the Bible literally as I believe it 100%. I don't take what you or anyone else says literally, as I don't believe you 100%!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadHatter For This Useful Post:

    Deserama  (04-03-2012)

  6. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ..oh and please excuse all my 'edits' -- I'm adding or taking anything away -- I'm just attempting to fix some of my typos - running around the house and getting my toes stepped on my little people isn't great for typing

  7. #295
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,311
    Thanks
    2,387
    Thanked
    4,599
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Isn't the whole point of faith that you have to make a leap - beyond ordinary logic and knowledge. You have to out aside your credulity and just accept that there are things you don't or can't ever fully understand?

    I struggle with that aspect of it because I have to 'know' things.

    But I think that is why I appreciate and respect people with genuine and strong faith.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

    Deserama  (04-03-2012)

  9. #296
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Wow!! Did they know about the mantle in the bible?? remember if its not in the bible it didn't happen!

    I think what you'll find there is a link to a creationist site with references to other creationist sites.
    If you WANT to enjoy science and use it to back up your argument..probably best you do so properly, with actual scientific data.
    Well, you could just believe the Bible when it says the earth was flooded.
    However, there are some people that don't believe the Bible so these articles were written for people like them.
    I'll look for an "actual scientific" article on why the Flood could have happened when someone provides me with an "actual scientific" article why the Flood couldn't have happened!

  10. #297
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Ooohh there is so much wrong with that article that's it not even funny. I would like to come back later whilst on the PC to respectfully discuss it

    I'm probably not the greatest person to discuss it with, not being a scientist or geologist or anything (hence why I linked an article instead of attempting to explain it myself) It makes perfect sense to me.

    However, if you find anything you don't agree with, it would probably be best to get hold of the actual website and they can get someone who knows a lot about this stuff to discuss it with you. There should be contact details on the website somewhere
    Last edited by TheMadHatter; 03-03-2012 at 14:29.

  11. #298
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Ooohh there is so much wrong with that article that's it not even funny. I would like to come back later whilst on the PC to respectfully discuss it
    Respectfully discuss, or make further attempts to prove people wrong for some reason? Just remember this forum is the religion forum. If you can't accept that, this is probably not the best place to hang out. It's like walking into a church and telling everyone they are delusional.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

    Deserama  (04-03-2012),TheMadHatter  (03-03-2012)

  13. #299
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked
    61
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Modern day prophecies are discerned by the Holy Spirit. They must still be able to be backed by scripture and if anyone propheses anything different to what we've already been told we are told that they are false prophets.

    But in Jesus's time most if not all of the followers of the main religion didn't believe what he was saying and he was crucified because of his heresy. How do you know that this wont happen again? Maybe god has found new ways of expressing himself and wont be recognised because all the those that follow the bible are looking for the wrong signs in the new prophet.

  14. #300
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    ..does it say 'Earth' or 'World' in the Bible.

    Remember these are OUR words


    translated from an OLD civilisation.

    And this is the problem in translating 'literally'
    It still means the same thing to me.
    You need to read the whole thing and not concentrate on 1 word, and then say the word didn't exist then, so it can't be true. If you read the whole bible in such a way then you'll never get any real understanding from it.
    Which ofcourse is what people do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    It is absolutely impossible that the flood covered the whole world. There is not enough water on Earth or in the atmosphere to have created a flood of such enormity.

    So - where did the water come from?
    Do you know this for sure? There is absolutely no way, under any circumstances, in the history of earths existance that a flood spread across the whole world??


 

Similar Threads

  1. 'For the Bible tells me so' ~ Homosexuality.
    By FiveInTheBed in forum Religion / Spirituality
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 17:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!