+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    I'm not being rude.

I skimmed back over the post and the only analogy I could find was the Pyramid one.
    I've actually taken the time to look at teh link someone provided re Noah
    [no - not talking about Lilith, I've been told as she doesn't exist n teh bible we shouldn't bring her into it]
    so...I looked at the link and spent some of my time writing out a post about 'context'
    If you're up for a discussion about that?

My point is - when you start looking at logistics like marsupials going to other countries and not being eaten ect - it DOESN'T make sense -- becasue THAT is NOT the way it was written back then.

I find it baffling that people would prefer to say 'Hmm..I don't know - who knows?..maybe god spread them around?'
    When it is really more logical and really, I think pays respect to The Bible, to say... 'The people who wrote about Noah and his family use the word 'world' as it was to them THEN. IE - the land within a certain radius of Jerulslm'

This is not dismissing your faith - it s looking at it's origins
    I did reply to your question about marsupials, and gave you some ideas on how it might have happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    Thanks for posting the link, but I'm still not sure what you're getting at.

Are you trying to say that just because Noah & co. didn't know about any more of the world outside a small part of the Middle East, the flood didn't cover the whole world?

We don't know much about the universe apart from our own solar system, but I don't think many of us would say "oh we don't know anything about it so therefore nothing must happen there"

I believe the Bible is 100% true. I don't pick and choose what to believe, I believe it all. And therefore when it says the flood covered the whole world, it covered the whole world. Not just the part Noah was familiar with but the whole world.

If you are looking to understand people that call themselves Christians but don't believe the Bible, the existance of heaven and hell, creationism, but think there could be some force out there- that's not Christianity, it sounds more agnostic. Sure they may be using the name but without accepting any of the central aspects of the faith it means nothing!
    No. I am trying to say that the flood covers all of the world - THEIR world... did you look at the picture in the link?
    THAT was their world.

I know faith is about beleiving in something without out fact - but what is it called when you ignore facts??

and are you seriously telling people that don't beleive heaven and hell are REAL physical places that they aren't real Christians?
    (...and 'I' get called rude!?)

Oh and re the solar system -- no we don't know everything -- but we are exploring it and trying to learn about it.
    Rather than just say it is there because someone put it there.
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 03-03-2012 at 12:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did reply to your question about marsupials, and gave you some ideas on how it might have happened.
    you are missing the point I am trying to make.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...when someone says, "My whole world fell apart!!"

Do you think the whole planet Earth literally fell apart??

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. I am trying to say that the flood covers all of the world - THEIR world... did you look at the picture in the link?
    THAT was their world.

I know faith is about beleiving in something without out fact - but what is it called when you ignore facts??

and are you seriously telling people that don't beleive heaven and hell are REAL physical places that they aren't real Christians?
    Yes - I looked at the picture in the link (the one that showed the map of the middle east & a few surrounding places?) and I wasn't sure what you were getting at. Cool, the flood covered all of that- plus the rest of the world!

What facts am I ignoring? I don't think being a Christian means you switch your brain off- so if there are facts that completely go against anything I or anyone else has said, please feel free to mention them.

Yes, I am saying that people who call themselves Christians but don't believe in heaven, hell, or any of the things I mentioned above are not real Christians at all. How are they Christians if they don't believe in any of those things? apart from the fact that they like to send their kids to a Catholic school and use the name? That won't mean anything on Judgement Day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...when someone says, "My whole world fell apart!!"

Do you think the whole planet Earth literally fell apart??
    sigh...no, actually I just think they're a bit of a drama queen

Thanks
    Reviews
    you are missing the point I am trying to make.
    But what is your point then?

I'm really getting confused with what you are trying to ask. I thought you wanted some ways that the marsupials could have gotten down to Australia- what question are you trying to ask then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    But what is your point then?

I'm really getting confused with what you are trying to ask. I thought you wanted some ways that the marsupials could have gotten down to Australia- what question are you trying to ask then?
    The "Great Flood" did not cover the whole EARTH -- it covered 'The World' - definition of 'The World' being what is in the picture in that link.

If you want to talk context and perspective. That is one.

Guest Guest
    THAT was their world.

Oh and re the solar system -- no we don't know everything -- but we are exploring it and trying to learn about it.
    Rather than just say it is there because someone put it there.
    Nobody is ignoring facts, no facts have been presented.

In regards to what you're saying, their world being within their region not the whole world. The bible says the whole world. Do we know what lived in other parts of the world at the time of Noah? Do we know what the population was and where it was concentrated? Do we know for sure whether the great flood killed absolutely every living thing? If we're looking at it with what we have today, then that context may mean something.
    BUT if I can't answer the above questions, then I believe it's literal. Noah and his sons with their wives re-populated the earth and created so many new nations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The "Great Flood" did not cover the whole EARTH -- it covered 'The World' - definition of 'The World' being what is in the picture in that link.

If you want to talk context and perspective. That is one.
    I find it hard to believe that the floodwaters stopped at the edge of that map and didn't go any further.