+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 369
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    I'm not being rude.

    I skimmed back over the post and the only analogy I could find was the Pyramid one.
    I've actually taken the time to look at teh link someone provided re Noah
    [no - not talking about Lilith, I've been told as she doesn't exist n teh bible we shouldn't bring her into it]
    so...I looked at the link and spent some of my time writing out a post about 'context'
    If you're up for a discussion about that?


    My point is - when you start looking at logistics like marsupials going to other countries and not being eaten ect - it DOESN'T make sense -- becasue THAT is NOT the way it was written back then.

    I find it baffling that people would prefer to say 'Hmm..I don't know - who knows?..maybe god spread them around?'
    When it is really more logical and really, I think pays respect to The Bible, to say... 'The people who wrote about Noah and his family use the word 'world' as it was to them THEN. IE - the land within a certain radius of Jerulslm'

    This is not dismissing your faith - it s looking at it's origins
    I did reply to your question about marsupials, and gave you some ideas on how it might have happened.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    Thanks for posting the link, but I'm still not sure what you're getting at.

    Are you trying to say that just because Noah & co. didn't know about any more of the world outside a small part of the Middle East, the flood didn't cover the whole world?

    We don't know much about the universe apart from our own solar system, but I don't think many of us would say "oh we don't know anything about it so therefore nothing must happen there"

    I believe the Bible is 100% true. I don't pick and choose what to believe, I believe it all. And therefore when it says the flood covered the whole world, it covered the whole world. Not just the part Noah was familiar with but the whole world.

    If you are looking to understand people that call themselves Christians but don't believe the Bible, the existance of heaven and hell, creationism, but think there could be some force out there- that's not Christianity, it sounds more agnostic. Sure they may be using the name but without accepting any of the central aspects of the faith it means nothing!
    No. I am trying to say that the flood covers all of the world - THEIR world... did you look at the picture in the link?
    THAT was their world.


    I know faith is about beleiving in something without out fact - but what is it called when you ignore facts??

    and are you seriously telling people that don't beleive heaven and hell are REAL physical places that they aren't real Christians?
    (...and 'I' get called rude!?)



    Oh and re the solar system -- no we don't know everything -- but we are exploring it and trying to learn about it.
    Rather than just say it is there because someone put it there.
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 03-03-2012 at 12:58.

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    I did reply to your question about marsupials, and gave you some ideas on how it might have happened.
    you are missing the point I am trying to make.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ...when someone says, "My whole world fell apart!!"


    Do you think the whole planet Earth literally fell apart??

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    No. I am trying to say that the flood covers all of the world - THEIR world... did you look at the picture in the link?
    THAT was their world.


    I know faith is about beleiving in something without out fact - but what is it called when you ignore facts??

    and are you seriously telling people that don't beleive heaven and hell are REAL physical places that they aren't real Christians?
    (...and 'I' get called rude!?)
    Yes - I looked at the picture in the link (the one that showed the map of the middle east & a few surrounding places?) and I wasn't sure what you were getting at. Cool, the flood covered all of that- plus the rest of the world!

    What facts am I ignoring? I don't think being a Christian means you switch your brain off- so if there are facts that completely go against anything I or anyone else has said, please feel free to mention them.

    Yes, I am saying that people who call themselves Christians but don't believe in heaven, hell, or any of the things I mentioned above are not real Christians at all. How are they Christians if they don't believe in any of those things? apart from the fact that they like to send their kids to a Catholic school and use the name? That won't mean anything on Judgement Day!

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    ...when someone says, "My whole world fell apart!!"


    Do you think the whole planet Earth literally fell apart??
    sigh...no, actually I just think they're a bit of a drama queen

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    you are missing the point I am trying to make.
    But what is your point then?

    I'm really getting confused with what you are trying to ask. I thought you wanted some ways that the marsupials could have gotten down to Australia- what question are you trying to ask then?

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    But what is your point then?

    I'm really getting confused with what you are trying to ask. I thought you wanted some ways that the marsupials could have gotten down to Australia- what question are you trying to ask then?
    The "Great Flood" did not cover the whole EARTH -- it covered 'The World' - definition of 'The World' being what is in the picture in that link.

    If you want to talk context and perspective. That is one.

  9. #279
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    No. I am trying to say that the flood covers all of the world - THEIR world... did you look at the picture in the link?
    THAT was their world.


    I know faith is about beleiving in something without out fact - but what is it called when you ignore facts??

    and are you seriously telling people that don't beleive heaven and hell are REAL physical places that they aren't real Christians?
    (...and 'I' get called rude!?)



    Oh and re the solar system -- no we don't know everything -- but we are exploring it and trying to learn about it.
    Rather than just say it is there because someone put it there.
    Nobody is ignoring facts, no facts have been presented.

    In regards to what you're saying, their world being within their region not the whole world. The bible says the whole world. Do we know what lived in other parts of the world at the time of Noah? Do we know what the population was and where it was concentrated? Do we know for sure whether the great flood killed absolutely every living thing? If we're looking at it with what we have today, then that context may mean something.
    BUT if I can't answer the above questions, then I believe it's literal. Noah and his sons with their wives re-populated the earth and created so many new nations.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    The "Great Flood" did not cover the whole EARTH -- it covered 'The World' - definition of 'The World' being what is in the picture in that link.

    If you want to talk context and perspective. That is one.
    I find it hard to believe that the floodwaters stopped at the edge of that map and didn't go any further.


 

Similar Threads

  1. 'For the Bible tells me so' ~ Homosexuality.
    By FiveInTheBed in forum Religion / Spirituality
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 17:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
KindyROO
KindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available at three Brisbane and two Gold Coast locations. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!