+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    It sort of seems like we end up being puppets if we choose to follow him because everything is as he wants it. This is why I am confused... It ends up being the way god wanted it with those who choose it. Wouldn't that be the same as if he created it that way to begin with. Also what happens if
    In the afterlife someone chooses to go against gods rules and laws? Is it possible for this to happen?
    Yes but he wants us to choose him, not come blindly because we're programmed to do so! I'm not sure why you think we would end up being like puppets?

In the afterlife- everyone's going somewhere, it's just about where you go. Reject God here- reject him in the afterlife as well- ie hell- or accept him here- accept him in the afterlife- ie heaven.

Going against God's laws & rules won't be possible in heaven- all sin will be wiped out, we'll get new eternal bodies that don't want to sin.

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    People keep saying 'context' - if you want 'context' ..go and have a look at the link someone provided earlier re Noah's family line.
    (I've quoted it and been ignored)

THIS is context. people of that time, in that culture saw the 'world' as that tiny piece pictured in teh map.
    They put together writings of people from that time to try and make law of their land.

If you want to talk about understanding things in context...SEE that IN context.

The Bible has been taking over time - OUT of context ...and people have tried to deliver it to people across those borders as their knowledge of the 'outside world' grew.
    When I mentioned the Australian marsupials and someone said it wasn't in teh bble - god must have left it out for a reason. How about look at it this way..it was 'left out' because the people who wrote it knew nothing OF Australia it was not part of the"World" of which they speak.

Re Noah again. If you want to talk logically. YEs there may have been a flood, there have been floods all over the world over time - we experienced a MASSIVE flood in Queensland last year that was horrific. Had teh people in Queensland not know of people and land beyond their borders - they may have beleived the whle world had flooded.

yep - context.

Lilith was left out of the Bible by the men who gathered the 60 odd books at teh time, they turned these 'myths' into a 'law' ..(Adam was mentioned in these myths too )
    It was an attempt to have women be submissive to man...read the original vows in a traditional christian wedding. (ofcourse they've been updated as people broke away an drealised how sexist these teachings were!)

Listen...I am cool with people having 'faith' in 'something' ..I can't say with 100% of my knowledge what exists beyone the realm of what I can fathom with the brain that has evolved in my skull.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (03-03-2012),Witwicky  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Witwicky;6415699]
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post

I don't think it's ever okay to kill people. Even people who are presumably 'evil' (and really - everyone in the world was evil?!). It would have included children and infants - how horrifying.

Were the firstborns in Egypt 'evil' as well? (Exodus 11:4–6).
    Yes. We're all sinful- age doesn't matter. The wages of sin is death.

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    [QUOTE=FiveInTheBed;

Lilith was left out of the Bible by the men who gathered the 60 odd books at teh time, they turned these 'myths' into a 'law' ..(Adam was mentioned in these myths too )
    .[/QUOTE]

where did you get that info from? And why is your info correct and other peoples not?

Guest Guest
    To the previous post, differences in religions. Being Greek orthodox I found this for you (can't post it cause it's copyright) so I have to put the link.
    http://www.ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/reading/ortho_acth.html

It's interesting how things are translated differently. Also note, still to this day Greek orthodox mass is spoken in the original Greek scriptures, there is no English translation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    where did you get that info from? And why is your info correct and other peoples not?
    why did you ignore the rest of my post?

ETA, but to answer your question I think it was misskitty who posted earlier about where this info can be found
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 03-03-2012 at 07:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=maria02;6415840]Yes but he wants us to choose him, not come blindly because we're programmed to do so! I'm not sure why you think we would end up being like puppets?

I was referring to when you said god didn't want to create puppets. I just think that If we were accepted into his kingdom it's only because we are willing to follow the laws there to the tee. Thus having no individual choices as our choices would be dictated by the laws and rules of the kingdom. If people don't have choice and can only follow the laws set out for them then they are like puppets controlled by someone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Confucius For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    why did you ignore the rest of my post?

ETA, but to answer your question I think it was misskitty who posted earlier about where this info can be found
    Sorry was not ignoring, this was just the bit I was unsure of, it read like you knew it was fact , just wondered where you got it from

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Confucius;6415896]
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    Yes but he wants us to choose him, not come blindly because we're programmed to do so! I'm not sure why you think we would end up being like puppets?

I was referring to when you said god didn't want to create puppets. I just think that If we were accepted into his kingdom it's only because we are willing to follow the laws there to the tee. Thus having no individual choices as our choices would be dictated by the laws and rules of the kingdom. If people don't have choice and can only follow the laws set out for them then they are like puppets controlled by someone.
    We don't get accepted into the kingdom (I presume you mean heaven) because we're willing to follow the laws there to a tee, but because we accepted Jesus.

The beauty is that when we get to heaven there will not be sin any more and we won't be able to sin, as it doesn't exist, and our new eternal bodies won't want to either, unlike the ones we have here on earth! If that makes us puppets then so be it- I'm looking forward to getting to a place with no sin & suffering

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Sorry was not ignoring, this was just the bit I was unsure of, it read like you knew it was fact , just wondered where you got it from
    ...well, what did you think about the rest of my post?

Everyone is talking about 'context' and that is all i'm suggesting ...the Lilith reference plays part of that 'context'.