+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd be interested in this too. I went to a Catholic school, but have never met a practising Catholic (i,e: More than just attending Mass at Easter and Christmas)

I would be really interested in a practising Catholic and their views on the Pope and how this is supported scripturally.

Also interested in the views of a practising Baptist, as I too believe in the significance of adult baptism (adult meaning being able to understand and commit as an independent decision)

Also really interested in those who believe in speaking in tongues and how this is scripturally supported.

Thanks

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    [QUOTE=sunnyflower;6415383]
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    You didn't answer my questions about the murders.[/QUOTE

if you are talking about the ark, yes God did send a flood to rid the world of all it's people as they were very evil. God also provided a way of salvation and 120 years was spent building the ark and people had a chance to hear the message. But people weren't interested and did not go into the ark as requested and therefore drowned.

It will be like that at the second coming too.
    I don't think it's ever okay to kill people. Even people who are presumably 'evil' (and really - everyone in the world was evil?!). It would have included children and infants - how horrifying.

Were the firstborns in Egypt 'evil' as well? (Exodus 11:4–6).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I actually would love to hear different Christian perspectives on this one!
    I'll be honest, I find Catholicism the hardest to understand , granted I don't know a lot about it but when I visited the Vatican my very first thought was Jesus would be mortified if he saw this , plus the whole Saint thing and Mary ( being so high up in the church) can someone explain those please!
    I am confused about this also. I went to a Catholic school but never found a satisfactory answer.

I respect Mary as an incredible woman, chosen by God to be Mother of his Son, a huge HUGE compliment - she must of had an incredible character. God must have known that she would be able to endure that fact that her son would be crucified. As I don't believe in the Trinity I don't see Mary as the "mother of God". I would be really interested in hearing a practising Catholic's views on that. Thanks

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just a reminder that if you have a question regarding moderation - please report a post and ask for us to get back to you, or pm a moderator. On the contents page, there is a section where mods online are listed.

Also if anyone wishes to discuss things with people of similar interests, but not on the open forum - there is the social groups function, where a group can be created - the structure of the group is up to the person who creates it (eg. invite only).

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to read the bible to my grandma and she was always really captivated with it. It all seemed like make belief stories to me. I have many friends of different beliefs and I myself am an atheist. I often wonder why there is so much evil in this world if as the bible explains that god wants everyone to not sin. If people aren't supposed to sin, because as the bible explains, we will all eventually be punished for this. Why in the first place allow people to sin? Someone or something (god) who is so powerful could surely have just built his incredible kingdom without all the hardship and suffering/evil along the way, could he not? Thus eliminating sin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I mean no disrespect to anyone who believes in god. I genuinely interested in this topic and hope that my questions can be answered to the best of peoples knowledge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    I used to read the bible to my grandma and she was always really captivated with it. It all seemed like make belief stories to me. I have many friends of different beliefs and I myself am an atheist. I often wonder why there is so much evil in this world if as the bible explains that god wants everyone to not sin. If people aren't supposed to sin, because as the bible explains, we will all eventually be punished for this. Why in the first place allow people to sin? Someone or something (god) who is so powerful could surely have just built his incredible kingdom without all the hardship and suffering/evil along the way, could he not? Thus eliminating sin.
    Hi, I have been asked this question a few times. Basically my understanding after reading the bible is that Gp doesn't want puppets, he doesn't want robots. If there was no free will (I.e: freedom to do what we wanted with our lives) there would be no satisfaction for God. He didn't create 'evil', but he did create a choice. If he created humans without a choice what kind of world would that be? We would all be blindly following Him without any real want. He only wants those who WANT to be alongside Him. He wants us to be able to choose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    Hi, I have been asked this question a few times. Basically my understanding after reading the bible is that Gp doesn't want puppets, he doesn't want robots. If there was no free will (I.e: freedom to do what we wanted with our lives) there would be no satisfaction for God. He didn't create 'evil', but he did create a choice. If he created humans without a choice what kind of world would that be? We would all be blindly following Him without any real want. He only wants those who WANT to be alongside Him. He wants us to be able to choose.
    So what happens to us when we enter gods kingdom. Do we lose our choices? Wouldn't we become like robots then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sort of seems like we end up being puppets if we choose to follow him because everything is as he wants it. This is why I am confused... It ends up being the way god wanted it with those who choose it. Wouldn't that be the same as if he created it that way to begin with. Also what happens if
    In the afterlife someone chooses to go against gods rules and laws? Is it possible for this to happen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    So what happens to us when we enter gods kingdom. Do we lose our choices? Wouldn't we become like robots then?
    Great question. As I don't believe I the Trinity, I believe that Jesus will return from the right hand if God. I belvedere that we will be like him (saints) I don't believe He will make us like robots, however I do believe he will be able to judge our hearts (i.e. whether or not we would sin if we had the choice)

That the unfaithful will be consigned to shame and "the second death", and the faithful, invested with immortality, and exalted to reign with Jesus as joint heirs of the Kingdom, co- possessors of the earth, and joint administrators of God's authority among men in everything. Mat 7:26; Mat 8:12; Mat 25:20-30; Dan 12:2; Gal 6:8; Gal 5:21; 2 Th 1:8; Heb 10:26-31; 2 Pe 2:12; Rev 21:8; Mal 4:1; Psa 37:30-38; Pro 10:25-29; 1 Co 15:51-55; 2 Co 5:1-4; Jam 1:12; Rom 2:7; Joh 10:28; Mat 5:5; Psa 37:9; Psa 37:22; Psa 37:29; Rev 5:9; Dan 7:27; 1 Th 2:12; 2 Pe 1:11; Rev 3:21; 2 Ti 2:12; Rev 5:10; Psa 49:7-9; Luk 22:29-30

That the Kingdom of God, thus constituted, will continue a thousand years, during which sin and death will continue among the earth's subject inhabitants, though in a much milder degree than now. Rev 20:4-9; Rev 11:15; Isa 65:20; Eze 44:22; Eze 44:25; 1 Co 15:24-28

That a law will be established which shall go forth to the nations for their "instruction in righteousness," resulting in the abolition or war to the ends of the earth, and the "filling of the earth with the knowledge of the glory of Yahweh, as the waters cover the sea." Mic 4:2; Isa 42:4; Isa 11:1-10; Isa 2:4; Hab 2:14

That the mission of the Kingdom will be to subdue all enemies, and finally death itself, by opening up the way of life to the nations, which they will enter by faith, during the thousand years, and in reality at their close. 1 Co 15:24-28; Rev 21:4; Rev 20:12-15; Isa 25:6-8

That at the close of the thousand years, there will be a general resurrection and judgement, resulting in the final extinction of the wicked, and the immortalization of those who shall have established their title under the grace of God to eternal life during the thousand years. Rev 20:11-15; 1 Co 15:24
    That the government will then be delivered up by Jesus to the Father, Who will manifest Himself as the "All-in-All" sin and death having been taken out of the way, and the race completely restored to the friendship of the Deity. 1 Co 15:28