+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    I'm not trying to make a point.

I was interested to see what people's thoughts on this charater was?
    ..and why she may have been left out of the Bible?

Her story sees her refuse to lie under Adam (she was his first wife made from the same dirt) ..she refused to be submissive to him.

somethng about a curse of dying children.

and then Adam got presented with Eve, made from his rib. The there loads of talk about the different between flesh and dirt.

It's fascinating!

And bemused that becasue it's 'not in the bible' that you don't want to discuss it.
    It's all part of the intertwining history
    Sorry, I have no knowledge of this character so I really have no comment apart from this is a thread about the bible, that story is not in the bible so I don't really think she's relevant?

Someone else may have something to add but I didn't comment originally because I've never heard of her

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just looked up Isaiah 34:14 in a few different translations and there's nothing mentioned about Lilith....

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    So, on topic, what do people think about the gnostic gospels?
    I think they are fascinating, I have read the Gospel of Mary and some of Thomas, I mentioned them
    In the other thread and was accused of watching too much tv!
    Have you read them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    Sorry, I have no knowledge of this character so I really have no comment apart from this is a thread about the bible, that story is not in the bible so I don't really think she's relevant?

Someone else may have something to add but I didn't comment originally because I've never heard of her
    ..but all of the history of that country that helped shape the Bible is relevant is it not?

Night Cheers for the chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    I'm not trying to make a point.

I was interested to see what people's thoughts on this charater was?
    ..and why she may have been left out of the Bible?

Her story sees her refuse to lie under Adam (she was his first wife made from the same dirt) ..she refused to be submissive to him.

somethng about a curse of dying children.

and then Adam got presented with Eve, made from his rib. The there loads of talk about the different between flesh and dirt.

It's fascinating!

And bemused that becasue it's 'not in the bible' that you don't want to discuss it.
    It's all part of the intertwining history
    It sounds like she's just a myth.

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I think they are fascinating, I have read the Gospel of Mary and some of Thomas, I mentioned them
    Have you read them?
    Hey guys, can you explain what you believe the Gnostic gospels are? I have heard a few different things ranging from "books that just missed out on being a part of the bible" to "fraudulent books that used gospel names to deceive people"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Have you read them?
    No, I've read Thomas and some of Mary. I never knew they existed up until a few years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that God has ensured that what he needs to be in the bible is in there. I don't believe the story of Lilith, sorry. Before sin , Adam and eve and everything that surrounded them was sinless and perfect. A woman refusing to lie with him and then him getting another wife doesn't sound faultless and perfect to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    It sounds like she's just a myth.

You'd be mythtaken.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

share a book  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They were documents found in Egypt in the late 1800,s and early 1900,s I think ( like the dead sea scrolls which are also fascinating ) they apparently were dated 2-4 ad and contain early Christian writings