+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Interesting read. Just one question though, was this intended to be a thread for people to share their interpretation or as another thread for people to tell us religion is wrong?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ..I love the story of Tiddalik the frog!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    You didn't answer my questions about the murders.
    Again, it's hard to explain random things to people who haven't read the bible in its entirety and understand all the concepts, but what murders are you talking about exactly? If its a passage that involves delving I to the interpretation/ translation I'd be happy to look at it with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Interesting read. Just one question though, was this intended to be a thread for people to share their interpretation or as another thread for people to tell us religion is wrong?
    where have people said Religion is wrong?

..it wouldn't have been such an interesting read if not for queries. Well IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    My point exactly. I don't understand why adults can't manage to have a normal, respectful conversation without resulting in claiming the others are ridiculous or that our beliefs are "concerning"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (03-03-2012),share a book  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    Again, it's hard to explain random things to people who haven't read the bible in its entirety and understand all the concepts, but what murders are you talking about exactly? If its a passage that involves delving I to the interpretation/ translation I'd be happy to look at it with you.
    I've read the bible! Lots of killing in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Which cult was that if you don't mind me asking?

Revival Centres International - now called something else similar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    I have one

I'm sure there are many 'versions' of it - but it goes something like this,

"If there is a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I've read the bible! Lots of killing in there
    Yep, lots of killing everywhere in the world. I'm wondering where exactly the murders she is referring to are?

I mean, seeing as random people with different agendas have hijacked this thread anyway, let's talk about killing. Do you support the Australian defense force?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    ...hold up.

I'm not going to debate this point, as think we were getting back on track about translations...
    BUt - just think about what you said there - and consider how disrespectful that might sound to someone who enjoys science. Who has had the lives of people in their family saved thanks to science. Who take absolute pleasure in explorng everything the natural world has to offer.

..okay - but to translations.
    Yes but on the other hand consider how disrespectful it may be to criticize someone who believes their child who has passed is living peacefully as an angel with G-d or that their beloved husbands/mothers/fathers who have passed will all be reunited in the afterlife , you can't debate religion without offending someone!

As far as G-d and murder well unfortunately death is part of life, I don't begin to understand it either but
    I am ashamed of many acts of murder but unfortunately it is not in my control, our country was founded by the first fleet that murdered so many innocent aboriginals, I'm ashamed our country has an army murdering innocent people in afganistan right now, I'm ashamed of a country that made my dad murder people in Vietnam, but yet i still call myself a proud Australian - should i not?