+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    And people are asking questions they KNOW they won't get an answer for because if they'd accept one they'd already know it.
    So answering the questions to someone who isn't really wanting the answer or rarher knowing they wont get it, is frustrating.
    It makes me question their motive for coming in and asking in the first place. Yes it can be condescending and rude to have to defend ones beliefs, especially to people who don't accept them.
    Then we're told we can't handle being questioned, I mean are you serious??
    It's frustrating when someone claims that certain stories are true (when they so obviously are not) but still can't say why. Oh wait. "Faith", right?

I would *genuinely* like to know why you follow a religion where the God murders people. The details of the murders are clearly outlined throughout the bible. I find it really concerning and hypocritical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    People who believe in God wouldn't say that.
    LOL well since we were talking about Noah's Ark, pretty sure god killed all the people in the world except for Noah and his family!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (02-03-2012),Witwicky  (02-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    I'm really not going to try and defend myself against 5 people who are intent on bringing me down and finding fault in everything when I try and answer.
    Find someone else to pick on tonight ladies, the things you find joy in on a Friday night is disturbing.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm really not going to try and defend myself against 5 people who are intent on bringing me down and finding fault in everything when I try and answer.
    Find someone else to pick on tonight ladies, the things you find joy in on a Friday night is disturbing.
    You didn't answer my questions about the murders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily - if you look back a few posts..I actually gave you info FOR your side.
    re Noah re populating the World.
    Do you not find that interesting? - the translation of 'World' I mean(not do you find it interesting that I posted it )

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Witwicky;6415367]You didn't answer my questions about the murders.[/QUOTE

if you are talking about the ark, yes God did send a flood to rid the world of all it's people as they were very evil. God also provided a way of salvation and 120 years was spent building the ark and people had a chance to hear the message. But people weren't interested and did not go into the ark as requested and therefore drowned.

It will be like that at the second coming too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=sunnyflower;6415383]
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    You didn't answer my questions about the murders.[/QUOTE

if you are talking about the ark, yes God did send a flood to rid the world of all it's people as they were very evil. God also provided a way of salvation and 120 years was spent building the ark and people had a chance to hear the message. But people weren't interested and did not go into the ark as requested and therefore drowned.

It will be like that at the second coming too.
    What do you think about the idea that the 'ark' was a metaphor for a church?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I place as much credence in the fables in the bible as I do in myths from other cultures and religions

I see little difference in the story of Noah as the story of Tiddalek

I think the bible was made up to explain thoughts, feelings and also to apply law - and really that is no different to any other cultural folk myths

I spent several years in a christian cult who bent and twisted the bible to suit their own means - the only good thing was I came out with a health dose of critical thinking and no faith or belief in anything 'christian'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the ark was an ark, I don't believe it is a metaphor for a church.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    I place as much credence in the fables in the bible as I do in myths from other cultures and religions

I see little difference in the story of Noah as the story of Tiddalek

I think the bible was made up to explain thoughts, feelings and also to apply law - and really that is no different to any other cultural folk myths

I spent several years in a christian cult who bent and twisted the bible to suit their own means - the only good thing was I came out with a health dose of critical thinking and no faith or belief in anything 'christian'
    Which cult was that if you don't mind me asking?