+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 369
  1. #131
    Witwicky's Avatar
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,630
    Thanks
    4,446
    Thanked
    3,495
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    And people are asking questions they KNOW they won't get an answer for because if they'd accept one they'd already know it.
    So answering the questions to someone who isn't really wanting the answer or rarher knowing they wont get it, is frustrating.
    It makes me question their motive for coming in and asking in the first place. Yes it can be condescending and rude to have to defend ones beliefs, especially to people who don't accept them.
    Then we're told we can't handle being questioned, I mean are you serious??
    It's frustrating when someone claims that certain stories are true (when they so obviously are not) but still can't say why. Oh wait. "Faith", right?

    I would *genuinely* like to know why you follow a religion where the God murders people. The details of the murders are clearly outlined throughout the bible. I find it really concerning and hypocritical.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,695
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,284
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    People who believe in God wouldn't say that.
    LOL well since we were talking about Noah's Ark, pretty sure god killed all the people in the world except for Noah and his family!

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

    trishalishous  (02-03-2012),Witwicky  (02-03-2012)

  4. #133
    Guest Guest
    I'm really not going to try and defend myself against 5 people who are intent on bringing me down and finding fault in everything when I try and answer.
    Find someone else to pick on tonight ladies, the things you find joy in on a Friday night is disturbing.

  5. #134
    Witwicky's Avatar
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,630
    Thanks
    4,446
    Thanked
    3,495
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    I'm really not going to try and defend myself against 5 people who are intent on bringing me down and finding fault in everything when I try and answer.
    Find someone else to pick on tonight ladies, the things you find joy in on a Friday night is disturbing.
    You didn't answer my questions about the murders.

  6. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    I'm really not going to try and defend myself against 5 people who are intent on bringing me down and finding fault in everything when I try and answer.
    Find someone else to pick on tonight ladies, the things you find joy in on a Friday night is disturbing.
    Lily - if you look back a few posts..I actually gave you info FOR your side.
    re Noah re populating the World.
    Do you not find that interesting? - the translation of 'World' I mean(not do you find it interesting that I posted it )

  7. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked
    2,307
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    [QUOTE=Witwicky;6415367]You didn't answer my questions about the murders.[/QUOTE

    if you are talking about the ark, yes God did send a flood to rid the world of all it's people as they were very evil. God also provided a way of salvation and 120 years was spent building the ark and people had a chance to hear the message. But people weren't interested and did not go into the ark as requested and therefore drowned.

    It will be like that at the second coming too.

  8. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    [QUOTE=sunnyflower;6415383]
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    You didn't answer my questions about the murders.[/QUOTE

    if you are talking about the ark, yes God did send a flood to rid the world of all it's people as they were very evil. God also provided a way of salvation and 120 years was spent building the ark and people had a chance to hear the message. But people weren't interested and did not go into the ark as requested and therefore drowned.

    It will be like that at the second coming too.
    What do you think about the idea that the 'ark' was a metaphor for a church?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

    Stiflers Mom  (02-03-2012)

  10. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,750
    Thanks
    2,078
    Thanked
    3,540
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I place as much credence in the fables in the bible as I do in myths from other cultures and religions

    I see little difference in the story of Noah as the story of Tiddalek

    I think the bible was made up to explain thoughts, feelings and also to apply law - and really that is no different to any other cultural folk myths

    I spent several years in a christian cult who bent and twisted the bible to suit their own means - the only good thing was I came out with a health dose of critical thinking and no faith or belief in anything 'christian'

  11. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked
    2,307
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think the ark was an ark, I don't believe it is a metaphor for a church.

  12. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked
    2,307
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    I place as much credence in the fables in the bible as I do in myths from other cultures and religions

    I see little difference in the story of Noah as the story of Tiddalek

    I think the bible was made up to explain thoughts, feelings and also to apply law - and really that is no different to any other cultural folk myths

    I spent several years in a christian cult who bent and twisted the bible to suit their own means - the only good thing was I came out with a health dose of critical thinking and no faith or belief in anything 'christian'
    Which cult was that if you don't mind me asking?


 

Similar Threads

  1. 'For the Bible tells me so' ~ Homosexuality.
    By FiveInTheBed in forum Religion / Spirituality
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 17:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training Products
Toilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of toilet training. With a range of products that can be used at home, on holidays or out & about.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!