+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    [QUOTE=Justwant2beamummy;6415108]Faith is not the power to make the totally illogical reasonable, but it is the belief that we can't explain how everything works or why everything has happened the way it has.

QUOTE]

...even when there are now explainations for how things happened?

Again - I'll mention the Egyptians and their God who took the form of a Dung beetle rolling the sun across the sky.

That was the 'faith' among people of that time...because they couldn't explain it any other way.

Same with the Stories in the Bible (and please don't take that as an attack - because there are plenty of Religious people that say the same).
    That those stories were written in a day to explain things that they couldn't explain any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Simply not believable! That is all!
    Ok... I don't really understand your contribution to this conversation? If you're just going to come in and tell people they're wrong when they are discussing their beliefs ... Ah, could you not? Haha I don't know how else to word it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (03-03-2012),twotrunks  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Still, all related!

I just find the whole story totally unbelievable.

People in the old testament lived longer than people do now
    Why? First cousins often marry and have children,in some parts of the world it's quite legal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I certainly don't believe the world was populated by 3 brothers and their wives!
    Why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you guys understand .., the original people having a nice conversation before you all came barging in demanding scientific proof for everything, we're talking about translations and interpretations of particular doctrines.

Seriously not interested in going through this again, I don't know how many times or how many ways you need me/us to say it. I'm not interested in having to defend things scientifically because it simply doesn't make a difference to me, therefore I don't haw arguments and proof or explanations for you.

Maybe you should start another thread for people interested in discussing evolution vs creation or whatever it is you're trying to get at.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Why? First cousins often marry and have children,in some parts of the world it's quite legal.
    Which part are you asking why to?

3 couples is just not enough people to repopulate the world!

Guest Guest
    Faith and religion take years and years or reading about, talking about, questioning and finding different answers from many sources.
    I was born within a certain faith, and as a child I talked to God every night, I believed in something I knew nothing about. My patents aren't religious and never took me church every Sunday or talked to me about God.
    I read the bible in primary school, then went to a catholic high school and read it again and talked alot to my teachers in re.
    At 19 I travelled to alot of monasteries o/s (orthodox) and again questioned and received answers.
    I'm 33 yrs old and I've done alot of reading, searching, talking to God and listening to other peoples ideas and views.
    To try and explain what I've learnt and why I believe certain things is impossible, especially impossible to people who dont know what faith is or are open to the discussion. It's a very interesting topic and I love talking about religion, but only to people who are open and have had the life journey with religion whatever that may be. I love hearing about Judaism and I have alot of Muslim friends and family and it's good having discussions, the beliefs are not all the same, the traditions or symbols. But the common faith in God and 1st testament is.
    Sorry to be a bum, I just find it hard talking to people and explaining my views if they aren't in a place of faith that I am cause then it's like talking to someone behind a curtain (if that makes sense)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (03-03-2012)

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    I doubt the people that wrote the Bible even knew about Australia then - let alone it's unique fauna...

Before I quote anyone else I just wanted to clarify if you were serious or not when saying things like, 'god maybe stopped the carnivores eating other animals for a bit' and 'maybe he told the animals to travel to him'

I'm seriously confused.
    Or is this really the power of 'faith'? ... to make the totally illogical - reasonable?
    Hence why it wasn't in the bible.. I must be missing something to understand the point of that comment..anyways...

To be honest and not to sound condescending - I think faith is a hard concept to understand if you don't have it.

And yes. I have heard of them all..People with faith aren't without other sources of reading...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Noah's sons 'apparently' had three sons.

Either those sons had to have sex with their mothers - OR they did have daughters, and the daughters weren't mentioned in the Bible --- which opens up another lovely chat regarding the treatmnet of women in the bible.

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    I don't think you guys understand .., the original people having a nice conversation before you all came barging in demanding scientific proof for everything, we're talking about translations and interpretations of particular doctrines.

Seriously not interested in going through this again, I don't know how many times or how many ways you need me/us to say it. I'm not interested in having to defend things scientifically because it simply doesn't make a difference to me, therefore I don't haw arguments and proof or explanations for you.

Maybe you should start another thread for people interested in discussing evolution vs creation or whatever it is you're trying to get at.
    True. Apologies OP and to those discussing translations. My apologies for the digression!