+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babymay View Post
    Well I am sold on the Thermomix! That blog was awesome thanks Thermolicious, exactly what I was after.

One question, not dissimilar to Benji, thing is, I actually LIKE cooking. Most of the PPs don't seem to much. My question to all you Thermomix owners - are any of you cooking-lovers who still adore their Thermomix as much as those who aren't so fond of cooking?
    I love cooking, but hate the day to day monotony of family dinners when we are busy. I also hate cleaning up. This helps with both of those aspects and I have actually found I make more things these days. Tonight I am making a Red lentil and tomato dahl, naan bread and raita. I would never make naan bread previously, I would have bought it. After that I will have 1 bowl for the raita to wash, one baking tray to wipe off and the thermomix bowl to wash out. So less than 5 minutes clean up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Well at least I can blame you women for the bill I want one. Maybe I should just have a demo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Without going through everyone's responses I just look at my *old* life. I had 2 at home and had 3 appliances on my bench, in a small kitchen, my pink mixer- for making my breads, stirring through as I have bad wrists. My small food processor to kind of crush up ice after 10min, make mayo, patties, chop onion, ice cream etc and my blender which made terrible green smoothies, almond and other nut milks... I also had a hand held stick for smaller items...

We have HUGE food restrictions! Dh loves bakery items, bread etc and the girls like their dips... Dh would come home to many different foods I had cooked that day and to his disgust a horrible mess with children and a wife still in their pjs because I had literally spent the last 2 days trying to keep up with our bellies!!!!

I have a Thermomix now and well this morning it's already made the flour to make the pancakes that I then made it also made the nut milk I needed to use, dd2 decided she wanted peanut butter on then, she got that, I felt like a healthy version of rice pudding so made that... Made apple sauce for the choc muffins...

If a thermochef is loud you should listen to a TMX, sorry but they are loud enough!!!

While my TMX was soaking last night after running out of veggie stock (use to take all day to cook and reduce, sometimes 2 days took 20min only veggies used) I then made a pumpkin soup with seeds and skins you couldn't even tell! Dh wanted microwave choc puddings so I pulled out a bowl and made it by hand! After cooked I noticed that I should have sifted the ingredients! That hasn't happened since getting thermy!!!! Haha also took ages to mix it by hand, ur looking at 3seconds with a TMX.

YES I'm biased but I would pay more for the Thermomix! It's saved so many trips to the store for gluten free bread, and they don't always stock the right one so would have to search other places.

I cried the day I got my TMX! I called dh and was in shock we had spent so much! Then I made dairy, sugar and soy free condensed milk that would take 2hrs to do on the stove plus clean up time! It took me 45min NO stirring NO cleaning and I was 8m pregnant! Haha

If you don't want your food turning to mush u need the reverse button. Doesn't the chef stop once it gets to a certain temp? We throw a tea towl over the top and process our soups on a high heat, tea towel JIC, it's definitely something we do a lot. Have you ever tried grinding dried chickpea in a chef? I'm not sure THAT could get louder?!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Hmm thanks, food for thought. I think I want one. It would be nice to have it do the boring parts of the cooking.

Is there ANY way to buy one without having a consultant coming over? I have zero time and have only just stopped being harassed by Enjo!

Has anyone purchased one from Ebay? And how did you convince your other half/bank account to come up with the arm and leg that they charge?
    Yea annoying consultants... I still haven't had my demo!! I know how they work so don't need one! My friends actually r awaiting an arrival of their TMX from Spain, it's $600 less and it's the real deal...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Benji  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    "My friends actually r awaiting an arrival of their TMX from Spain, it's $600 less and it's the real deal...
    )
    No warranty.. No after service care or assistance.. What if the machine is faulty?! Not worth the saving in my mind.
    Also, I'm not sure but are the power plugs and voltage the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittlefamily View Post
    No warranty.. No after service care or assistance.. What if the machine is faulty?! Not worth the saving in my mind.
    Also, I'm not sure but are the power plugs and voltage the same?
    I agree but hey, their gamble. I'd rather pay the extra $ but that's just me.

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I still love cooking and haven't lost any skill. Last night I made gozemele and I still have to roll the dough out and put them all together but there was no chopping, stirring or kneading. And my toddler who rarely eats dinner polished off everything on her plate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

Benji  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love cooking and I was a bit unsure of the thermo if I would lose the skill or if it would take the fun or creativity out of it. Not at all, almost the opposite! It takes the boring bits out of it, that's all, like béchamel sauce or kneading a dough. I find I enjoy cooking even more!

And I don't really do many meals in it, I use it more for elements of a meal or for sweet things, etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Benji  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd love to know when they have an interest free period too. I just can not justify the amount in one lump sum. Lol.
    Being vegan would I still use it as much does anyone know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine on interest free last July? Maybe it was August. Not sure, I think I had it for DDs birthday party. Anyway, I believe there is also a 3 part payment plan.

I have the taste of vegetarian cookbook and it's awesome. I got it for making vegetables more appealing to my toddlers but there are just so many recipes in there and we often eat vego these days. Lots of the recipes in other books are vego and the rawlicious book is also very good.

I will confess I'm addicted to buying the cookbooks though. I just love them. I think I have 11 and I still don't have all of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast