+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittlefamily View Post
    I can't believe how many people fork out up to $5,000 on a treadmill/weights and don't use them everyday
    Not too sure (if used everyday) that they would outlast 10 years?
    Dunno!! Each to their own I suppose!
    I have an EXTREMELY lazy DH... (not sure if I said this before?) he is now COOKING in the TM!! All the time
    He and the TM make a mean cappachino!!
    I agree on the treadmill - what's wrong with running outside!

Say what - thermomixers make cappucinos?

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a Thermomix, so obviously think that is better. Having the scales on the side would be a pain and mean you have to use something else to measure in. Also, I use the reverse function a great deal and can't imagine not having it.

My dh wasn't sold on it originally because of the price tag, but he's a nice guy so I got it for Christmas. He now thinks it was a fantastic buy. I use it at least twice a day, usually more. I love walking in from after school ballet lessons, spending 5 minutes with the thermy and then leaving it to bath the kids. 15 minutes later, clean kids and risotto ready to go on the table.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    I have a Thermomix, so obviously think that is better. Having the scales on the side would be a pain and mean you have to use something else to measure in. Also, I use the reverse function a great deal and can't imagine not having it.

My dh wasn't sold on it originally because of the price tag, but he's a nice guy so I got it for Christmas. He now thinks it was a fantastic buy. I use it at least twice a day, usually more. I love walking in from after school ballet lessons, spending 5 minutes with the thermy and then leaving it to bath the kids. 15 minutes later, clean kids and risotto ready to go on the table.
    It bathes kids? I'm definitely getting it now 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I get my Thermomix on Sat and I can't wait!!

Lets see, I have kids with allergies to dairy, eggs, tree nuts and intolerances to sulphites.
    I have budgeted our groceries the best way I possibly can and still average $300 a WEEK on groceries. I spend $2.90 for 1 litre of milk...milk that I can make in the thermomix with ease and at a fraction of the price. $1000 a year is spent on rice milk alone in my house. Make my own rice milk for 2 years and I have my money back

I hate cooking so anything that gets the job done quicker I'm open to.

I started uni this year. I don't have all day to spend in the kitchen baking, preparing etc.

Eating healthy is extremely important to us as a family and the busier our life gets the harder it will be to keep it up. $2 000 for optimal health doesn't sound like a lot to me.

I didn't even look at the thermochef so can't compare but I'm very excited about my thermomix!

Today I showered the kids and then so they didn't kill each other out of tiredness I turned the tv on for half an hour while I made dinner, then spent half an hour after they were in bed cleaning up the kitchen (a few pots and pans and things). If I had my thermo it would've been dinner on, shower kids, read a book to kids, serve up dinner, bed, 10 minutes in the kitchen cleaning up. I still made dinner tonight but the second option appeals to me a whole lot more!

I don't know, if you don't like the idea of one don't buy one. It's just like if you are happy to run outside rain, hail or shine then don't get a treadmill...personally the gym is where I feel my most motivated to push myself to the limit so I've paid for a gym membership for the last 7 1/2 years and will continue to do so. Thermo's are in a lot more places than bored stay at home mums kitchens
    Last edited by Areca; 01-03-2012 at 20:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    I agree on the treadmill - what's wrong with running outside!

Say what - thermomixers make cappucinos?
    It sure does!! And hot chocolate. Mmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    It sure does!! And hot chocolate. Mmm.
    And ice coffees, frape (sp?) milk shakes... Yumm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Yes that would be great thanks! I'm in Melbourne
    Ok I'll keep my eyes open can't promise it will happen again, but was told (unofficially of course!) that it's normally a Christmas time special!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mylittlefamily For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Tumbleweed View Post
    I want one too! Do they have different offers each month?
    Yep each month is something different!
    Dec- indian cookbook
    Jan- 2 x thermo severs
    Feb- free travel bag (AWESOME!)
    March- "traveling with thermomix" cookbook. Maybe a cookbook with all recipes from around the world? Not sure I haven't looked into it yet!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mylittlefamily For This Useful Post:

Urban Tumbleweed  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittlefamily View Post
    And ice coffees, frape (sp?) milk shakes... Yumm
    And the BEST SMOOTHIES EVER.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    And the BEST SMOOTHIES EVER.
    Cocktails/mocktails too mmm yesss please!!
    Last edited by Guest1234; 02-03-2012 at 00:37.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast