+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    this thread has had me in stitches!! i especially love the cheese story, what is winter and summer cheese?!!?

when i was 18 i was in hospital, suspected appendicitis. they wanted to do an internal ultrasound to confirm that it was my appendix and not something else. So the ultrasound technician is a young male (on the topic of pedos and gender discrimination etc when doing an internal male ultrasound technician (sonographer?? not too sure of the correct term - sorry!) have to be accompanied by a female!) and he's prepping the equipment and says to me "so.. do you want to put it in or do you want me to?" *horrified me* "well your hand is going to be there anyway you may as well do it!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

glowingjoh  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    this thread has had me in stitches!! i especially love the cheese story, what is winter and summer cheese?!!?

when i was 18 i was in hospital, suspected appendicitis. they wanted to do an internal ultrasound to confirm that it was my appendix and not something else. So the ultrasound technician is a young male (on the topic of pedos and gender discrimination etc when doing an internal male ultrasound technician (sonographer?? not too sure of the correct term - sorry!) have to be accompanied by a female!) and he's prepping the equipment and says to me "so.. do you want to put it in or do you want me to?" *horrified me* "well your hand is going to be there anyway you may as well do it!"
    Bahahahaha.

The poor guy! And poor you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are so funny! Hilarious!

I've just got back from the shops and picked up a single long-neck of beer form my DP. Whilst there (I also bout essentials such as chocolate and milk), I have two people inform me that I shouldn't be drinking my my condition, another old lady offered to pray for me, and a third muttered something about "disgusting" under her breast. Duh people! I know! It's not for me, it's for my DP who has worked hard today and feels like a beer tonight. Grrrrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS was always called a girl. Even when wearing a t-shirt, that said 'Big Boy Truck'
    He had longish hair that was a little curly, and I loved to bits. It wasn't until he got it cut shortly after he turned 1, that the gender confusion ended.

I am currently pregnant with no2. I have been showing since about 17weeks. I went to a baby expo, with my also pregnant friend, her mum and her mil.
    I hopped in the car, and her mil looked at me, and instead of saying 'Hello' she said 'Wow, the way you carry, are you having twins?'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha loving the winter cheese, trolley lady and the lady at the hairdressers, omg tbh I almost wet myself laughing.

Ive always sorta looked older for my age, but when I was 14 my (practically identical) younger sisyer (9 years younger) was always refered to as my daughter. & I would say, im only 14 ,she's 5 & once I got a reply ' thats okay my dear your doing a fantastic job :s

I had my son at 15 and never had anyone say stuff to me like they did other young mums I knew for that reason I think, my dad was once refered to as my 'partner' I was 13 at the time! Very awkward, I was born when he was 26!

I have had quite a few funny tgings but just cant think of them. All I can tgink of is cheese! Haha

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedly Happy View Post
    These are so funny! Hilarious!

I've just got back from the shops and picked up a single long-neck of beer form my DP. Whilst there (I also bout essentials such as chocolate and milk), I have two people inform me that I shouldn't be drinking my my condition, another old lady offered to pray for me, and a third muttered something about "disgusting" under her breast. Duh people! I know! It's not for me, it's for my DP who has worked hard today and feels like a beer tonight. Grrrrrrr

Ouch! Assumptions are a ***** sometimes.. Honestly that would've made me angry (pregnancy hormones) I probably would've made a scene.. detailing loudly to all of them how it was for my husband and maybe they should all think twice before creating conclusions within their small minds, making sure everyone in the store could hear me.. grr! Then storm out loudly holding my head higher than natural proportions! LOL (probably with them all thinking B**ch! and everyone else thinking crazy lady!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    LOL Braxton! That's so odd to be so insistent you're a single mum.

Not a stranger but slightly awkward moment talking to my DFs friend who I'd met the first time - we were talking about breast feeding (it came up via DFs mate talking about parenting regards to some parents let very children drink alcohol in some cultures & how what's normal - regarding alcohol - normal is all about perspective & culture) then he said about there are some things that are just wrong though, a friend of his was breast fed until 13. I'm like 'hmm okay... Wow... While I think as long as both mum and child are happy to feed its okay... But umm... that to me seems... I dunno.... Hmm...' and DFs mate says 'really, it's wrong to breast feed once they have teeth!'

Bahahahahahaha

DF looked like he wanted to dive head first out the nearest window.

I calmly pointed out DFs 5 month old nephew has 2 teeth... Oh and jasper breast fed till 3 years. Bahahaha. Shut that conversation down quickly!

But the look on DFs face was awesome. The 'oh sh!t he did not just say that to her.... Duck and cover!!!' look.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Today I had to convince my landlord lady that I live here, that I am infact me.

"Yes, but the lady I met who lived here was slimmer with shorter hair."

Me, losing patience as she is intruding on my kid free day, snappily reply: "I get what you're saying, but that's me. Only now I'm pregnant and my hair has grown."

She shook her head, "Is *DHs name* here, I need to talk to him about this."

Me, shaking MY head, "No, he's not, luckily he left his wife here, oh wait, that's me. I have I.D if you want, I'm on the lease, what's the problem?"

Turns out she just wanted to let us know they were going to pressure clean the drive way but she had a hard time accepting I was who I said was.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (08-03-2012),tatia&shura  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebones View Post
    Today I had to convince my landlord lady that I live here, that I am infact me.

"Yes, but the lady I met who lived here was slimmer with shorter hair."

Me, losing patience as she is intruding on my kid free day, snappily reply: "I get what you're saying, but that's me. Only now I'm pregnant and my hair has grown."

She shook her head, "Is *DHs name* here, I need to talk to him about this."

Me, shaking MY head, "No, he's not, luckily he left his wife here, oh wait, that's me. I have I.D if you want, I'm on the lease, what's the problem?"

Turns out she just wanted to let us know they were going to pressure clean the drive way but she had a hard time accepting I was who I said was.
    Wow, that's really strange!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Wow, that's really strange!! Lol
    Shes a lovely older lady, she must've been having a rough day.