+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We're currently staying in serviced apartments, and the cleaning lady said to me "it's so unfair that the little boys get the long lashes", referring to my DD.

I mean, yeah, she was wearing a black and white outfit, and her hair was down/in her eyes, but it's LONG (like, nearly top of shoulder blades level), and curly. And there were pink shoes right next to the door.

I mean, I know shoe colour eventually means nothing, but she's 18 months... She doesn't exactly pick her own clothes out yet.

I did get profuse apologies. As apparently she has a GD who's bald as an egg and her daughter gets ****ed when people call granddaughter a boy.

-sigh- downside to DD starting to look more like her daddy I suppose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    An old lady said to me once 'oh you had a boy. I bet you were disappointed- every woman wants a girl'.
    Me: 'no, I wanted a boy, Im very happy.
    Old Lady: 'that's odd, Ive never met anyone who has wanted a boy'

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Boost For This Useful Post:

glowingjoh  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    An old lady said to me once 'oh you had a boy. I bet you were disappointed- every woman wants a girl'.
    Me: 'no, I wanted a boy, Im very happy.
    Old Lady: 'that's odd, Ive never met anyone who has wanted a boy'

People have asked DH if he was disappointed that our first was a girl... His response is usually "well, she looks like she's turning into a tomboy, so it's not like I won't have a kid to play sports with".

I don't get the whole "aww, it's the wrong gender". Seriously?! Healthy baby is all anyone should want. Who cares what bits it has.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zonlach For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (02-03-2012),glowingjoh  (05-03-2012),~Marigold~  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jadeelyon View Post
    People have asked DH if he was disappointed that our first was a girl... His response is usually "well, she looks like she's turning into a tomboy, so it's not like I won't have a kid to play sports with".

I don't get the whole "aww, it's the wrong gender". Seriously?! Healthy baby is all anyone should want. Who cares what bits it has.
    I'm hearing you!
    Last edited by Boost; 01-03-2012 at 21:37.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boost For This Useful Post:

zonlach  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waiting with dd for dh at the airport and a guy with a little girl around the same age says 'is it a girl or a boy???' ...
    Hmmm perhaps if he looked harder at the pink flowery top, pink leggings, pink socks and PINK bunny she was holding he would have some sort of idea! It didn't bother me too much though. I just thought it was funny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I used to get very puzzled looked nannying with jasper & a little boy 6 months older, blond haired, blue eyes also and jasper was BIG for his age so jasper & he were similar sized, but the other boy also looked older... But not older enough. Lots of mums at the park stared for ages before asking 'are they... Twins?' nope that ones not mine 'Ohhh! That makes sense!' lol.
    I used to babysit my niece and nephew often. DS was 4 months (big for age), nephew 10 months and niece 2. Used to confuse so many people. I would get told to stop popping out kids and it would be like honestly the ages of these kids, it would be impossible for all of them to be mine! The kids are a little bit older now and get mistaken for triplets when I take them out because the girl is very tiny for age and the boys look alike apart from hair length to the point where my brother couldn't tell them apart in a photo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HELPihavea2yrold! For This Useful Post:

glowingjoh  (05-03-2012)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Walking out of Target in the city with my 5 day old DS1 in the pram when a lady stops me

Lady "what's wrong with your baby?"

Me checking on bub " nothing's wrong he's sleeping"

Lady "that's not a real baby!"

Me "umm yes he is

Continue with the 'no its not... Yes he is for five minutes until I stroke DSs cheek so that he'd move.

Lady "oh I thought it was one of those dolls you see all the teenagers with these days"

Me "um yeah ok bye"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Thanks for the heart attack psycho lady.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (02-03-2012),glowingjoh  (05-03-2012),NancyBlackett  (02-03-2012),~ElectricPink~  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a European Grandmother stop me in Myers and ask me (while grabbing her breasts) 'milk for babies?' referring to my 3 month old twins.

I would have looked funny to anyone out if ear shot!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speckled For This Useful Post:

glowingjoh  (05-03-2012),jagamoe  (13-03-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    im glad I AM pregnant now, to explain the tummy. they dont need to know how far along haha!
    and I never bother correcting people who assume my baldie is a boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS2 was 4days old, i was shopping, he was in a sling. A lady wanders up to look at him. "Aww beautiful baby, boy or girl" I say boy she says "Is he normal?" *blink* "umm yes he's normal"