+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have seen this so many times, I once heard a lady commenting on a baby " omg poor boy is going to be confused, ears pierced pink dress and head band! It's not fair on him she wanted a girl"... lady turns around ACTUALLY she IS a she, or are you just hoping I ask if you want proof and show you?? I nearly fell over in shock at the mum lol and she felt seemed to feel better at the rude persons stunned reaction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    EVERY time we go out in public, very frustrating when you get asked 10 times in a row lol. And then getting asked how I got pregnant, IVF or naturally? I always want to say lots of sex but never do lol.
    You should!
    Or carry around a turkey baster and whip it out every time they ask, just to make it more awkward!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

AppleIsleSMum  (01-03-2012),GuestMember  (01-03-2012),IndigoJ  (01-03-2012),jemmajam  (08-03-2012),naebie  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ds as a baby was always called a girl (despite having almost no hair lol)

when ds was 2 months old

ds sleeping in the pram, dinosaur blanket, car t-shirt and blue dummy

old man - best seat in the house, lovely bet she's an angel

me - yeah he is

old man - HE? *looks at ds* he's very pretty for a boy lol

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Sad. I wonder if you would have felt the same if he was an old lady. Not all men who like kids are "peddos". Some of them just like kids much in the same way I like kids. Or you like kids. Or child care workers like kids.

So agree with you, I am sick of people saying men should not work with kids(child care) as we cannot keep an eye on them when they change nappies and we are to share the nappy changing so I cannot watch them(men) all the time.

Hubby also use to change DD at the shopping centre(dd loved going with him, only time he would go into one was if she wanted them time lol) and the women were so rude and made out he was in there for a perve and when they made rude comments he stood up for himself and made the rude perverted thinking women regret it in a "polite way". My hubby is flat out checking out women sunbaking topless at the beach let alone a breast feeding one(these women were bottle feeding BTW).

Also women seem to have the same issues with male teachers which I do not understand

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fairyflossfairy For This Useful Post:

Izy  (02-03-2012),Super Trooper  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Oh DD and I were shopping with a friend and her daughter a while ago. Friend is a few years older than me (5 or 6 maybe?) and her daughter is a year younger than my DD.

Lady at shop assumed I was mother of both children AND my friend was my mother! Awkward!

On the weekend I was buying some cheese and as I approached the cold unit thing a girl - possibly ten or eleven years old - raced over to it and picked up a wedge of the same time of cheese I was planning to get. She kissed it several times and declared it to be her favourite cheese in the world. I agreed with her in my head - awesome cheese - and picked up a wedge for myself.

That's when she said "except it is a WINTER cheese and no matter how much I love it I could never ever eat it in summer" and looked pointedly at me. Awkward in a very weird way!
    Hahahahahaha I laughed much at this! What a funny and random thing to say

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    Also since they were born "Are they twins?" No I just found another baby that looks exactly like mine and stole it.

I get the 'are they twins?' and mine are 13 months apart and DD is half the size of DS. I expect it when they're older, but right now one is a baby and the other is obviously a child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

I get the 'are they twins?' and mine are 13 months apart and DD is half the size of DS. I expect it when they're older, but right now one is a baby and the other is obviously a child.
    Lol no way! That's mad! They don't look like twins. What do they think - DD is mini and DS is a giant..? Like twins from the movie 'twins'

I used to get very puzzled looked nannying with jasper & a little boy 6 months older, blond haired, blue eyes also and jasper was BIG for his age so jasper & he were similar sized, but the other boy also looked older... But not older enough. Lots of mums at the park stared for ages before asking 'are they... Twins?' nope that ones not mine 'Ohhh! That makes sense!' lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

glowingjoh  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    A little of topic.. But DP said to me that he doesn't like to take DS to busy parks on his own. As when he sits and watches DS, he feels that people are looking at him like he's some Peddo sitting watching the kids. Which I think is really sad for DP. He shouldn't have to feel like that
    My grandfather & father say the same its really very sad

I remember when I was a lot younger I went to give my grandfather a cuddle or something in public and he told me he didn't want to be looked at like a creepy old man.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleIsleSMum For This Useful Post:

Izy  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    lol dense! or hearing problem i wonder?

anywho heres an awkward convo for you, while shopping for my 1 yr olds birthday, someone in the toy isle says "aww. so when are u due?"

".......soon......" *glares* *runs* *cries for a week*
    Ouch Someone people just don't think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleIsleSMum View Post
    My grandfather & father say the same its really very sad

I remember when I was a lot younger I went to give my grandfather a cuddle or something in public and he told me he didn't want to be looked at like a creepy old man.
    Wow that's really disturbing!! Every old man is considered "suspicious" poor guys.