+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    When DD1 was a little baby I was shopping with her and a Italian friend. I started to breastfed her and this old lady came over and started yelling at my for being so disgusting for trying feeding my friends baby. We both just stood there looking at her with rather blank looks. I tried to explain she was mine not my friends but she kept saying there was no way she could be mine as looked like my friend.
    I'm sorry..... but that's hilarious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    WWF guy came door knocking for donations while I was hosing patio with DS. I answer door hot and flustered, wet, and wearing a singlet with no bra and jogging shorts. Unbeknownst to me at the time I had milky wet patches.
    DS comes running inside to see who's at the door.

Me "please excus the wet naked kid, we are cleaning"
    WWF guy "oh don't worry, we all like getting nude and wet sometimes! You can come clean my patio next and Ill babysit!"

AWKWARD!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (03-03-2012),kriista  (03-03-2012),trishalishous  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When DS was 6 weeks old I was at the hospital waiting for the lift for his 6 week check. He was in a sling. An elderly man waiting next to me was eyeing him in a very concerned way. So I looked at the old man to see if he wanted to say something rather than just sticking his head very close to me. He said, "that baby alive in there? You'll suffocate him." I assured him it was very safe. Old Man: "bloody rubbish these new ways of carrying babies around! Mark my word, you'll find him dead in there one day!"

Wow. It was intense.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Niki24  (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I am so sick of this too
    DS2 has alot of hair, it's long & think. He's 4 months old
    Today at the shops I told at least 5 people "He's a boy!"

One lady last week actually argued her point with me by saying "What a waste having all that hair & being a boy"
    I'm over it and considering making a sign for his pram "I'm a BOY" as wearing blues with trucks/car/planes isn't giving the general public any idea's

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol sorry had to laugh.

I had DD at the check out when she was about 3 months old.

Pink dress,
    Pink socks,
    Head band,
    Pink cardigan etc

Basically she looked like a big ball of fairy floss.

And some guy said 'what a cute little boy how old is he'

I was so shocked at his stupidity I don't think I even replied.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewTheEmu For This Useful Post:

glowingjoh  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of these are so funny.

I dont get it with ds so much.... but my dog cops it all the time!!! Yeah I guess on first glance she does look like a male dog, but there is no mistaking her once you know she's a girl, I dont know, I guess she looks like a stately graceful lady.

Anyway the amount of people that call her 'big fella' 'he's a big boy' yada yada. The one that irks me the most though is the farm manager next door. We always seem to run into each other on the shared drive and no matter how many times I drop in the 'Yes SHE is' line he just always refers to her in the masculine! Drives me bonkers!!! Though I wonder if he does it just to p me off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahaaaa. these posts are so hilarious. I'm 31, mum is 51 and dd is 3, ds is 18mths old, and one day we were at the dr's surgery together and the dr kept on talking to my mum and not looking at me at all, then he said ""so mum, what'll it be?"" (ds was going to get a procedure done and we were there to get more information) and mum looked at me blankly.,.. then he said ""hang on - you ARE the mother of all of these kids aren't you?""... and mum was like ""um no, im the grandmother of these two and the mother of this adult next to me"". the look on his face was priceless.

then everytime we run into someone who we know but hasn't seen our kids yet, recoil in shock and say "" are you sure they are your kids? they don't look anything like you"" to my hubby. you see, he's italian, with dark olive skin, black hair, dark brown eyes. i'm white as snow, blue eyes and dark brown hair, dd is mousy brown hair, white skin, sky blue eyes, and ds is white haired, blue eyed and white skinned. UM yeah of course they are our kids!! lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha a weird convo that I couldnt get away fast enough from at the shops the other day. Left me wondering if he was a peddo.

*walking into store yelling at DD1 to slow down and be careful, Old man comes up and smiles showing off what looks like a new set of dentures*

Old man: Awwww look at your little baby
    me: *smiles*
    Old man: Boy or girl?
    me: Girl
    Old man: Gorgeous. I just cherish babies and young children
    me: *smiles awkwardly* ah yea....
    Old man: Kids are great I love them
    me: Ok well I have to go chase after my other kid.

Seriously....sooooo weird and VERY awkward. It left me thinking for ages how creepy he was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh DD and I were shopping with a friend and her daughter a while ago. Friend is a few years older than me (5 or 6 maybe?) and her daughter is a year younger than my DD.

Lady at shop assumed I was mother of both children AND my friend was my mother! Awkward!

On the weekend I was buying some cheese and as I approached the cold unit thing a girl - possibly ten or eleven years old - raced over to it and picked up a wedge of the same time of cheese I was planning to get. She kissed it several times and declared it to be her favourite cheese in the world. I agreed with her in my head - awesome cheese - and picked up a wedge for myself.

That's when she said "except it is a WINTER cheese and no matter how much I love it I could never ever eat it in summer" and looked pointedly at me. Awkward in a very weird way!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

glowingjoh  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missemzy View Post
    Haha a weird convo that I couldnt get away fast enough from at the shops the other day. Left me wondering if he was a peddo.

*walking into store yelling at DD1 to slow down and be careful, Old man comes up and smiles showing off what looks like a new set of dentures*

Old man: Awwww look at your little baby
    me: *smiles*
    Old man: Boy or girl?
    me: Girl
    Old man: Gorgeous. I just cherish babies and young children
    me: *smiles awkwardly* ah yea....
    Old man: Kids are great I love them
    me: Ok well I have to go chase after my other kid.

Seriously....sooooo weird and VERY awkward. It left me thinking for ages how creepy he was.
    Sad. I wonder if you would have felt the same if he was an old lady. Not all men who like kids are "peddos". Some of them just like kids much in the same way I like kids. Or you like kids. Or child care workers like kids.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

angelini  (01-03-2012),bugsy  (01-03-2012),delirium  (01-03-2012),Gandalf  (01-03-2012),IndigoJ  (01-03-2012),Katrina2008  (01-03-2012),KillerHeels  (03-03-2012),starflame  (01-03-2012)