+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Craving foods you can't eat??

I have a mild egg intolerance...sore tummy, nausea, (sorry TMI) diarrhea and extreme amounts of unpleasant odour

Its ok if its in cakes, food etc just not on their own. Naturally I avoid them!

But the last few days I have been craving them SO bad! I open the fridge door and stare at them sitting there, imagining what they taste like
    I KNOW what its going to do to me if I eat them, and as I've had MS make a comeback this past week, I do not need another reason to feel yucky!

But OMGosh ... I need some boiled eggs!

Is anyone else craving things that you can't have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a similar intolerance to tomato (can't eat fresh or tinned but can eat processed (sauce, soup etc)), and I was craving a tomato and cheese sandwich.

... Thankfully a tomato SAUCE and cheese sandwich curbed it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Maybe eat some bacon and your brain might assume you had eggs to go with it?

I'll let you know if I start craving seafood or mushrooms! Just the thought makes me queasy so I hope I don't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, brain trickery..I like that idea! Ill have bacon and tomato sandwich and pretend theres egg in it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Potatoes... I get really sick even if i have a little bite of a chip.... So no mash, roast or fried potatoes for me...

It's really annoying cause using everything i cook has potatoes with it, I have had to change my whole meal plans lol

Oh and i can not eat sausages!!!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Apparantly if you're craving a particular food during pregnancy, it can indicate that your body is not getting enough of a vitamin or nutrient.. how bad is the craving? If it's more of a desire rather than a dire need for a particular food, it probably means nothing. But I found it interesting to find out that my cravings for all things ice related with my 1st pregnancy could have been from a lack in iron. This was years ago and I wasn't on any type of vitamin supplement back then, so it could have been true. I craved icypoles by the box and also big cups of cubed ice..
    Maybe you're just craving eggs because you know that you can't have them, lol.. I was dying for Sushi the other day and knowing I couldn't have it made it seem even more tempting!
    I take a good multivitamin this time so hopefully I want get the cravings for ice again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard that too BMJ, left me wondering if I need more protein?
    Ive never had cravings for eggs, the smell turns my tummy just thinking about the consequences Hmm maybe thats an idea...cook one and smell it! Although at this point I would probably go ahead and eat it!
    I feel you on the sushi!! I Love sushi, I'd eat it every day..I saw it in the food court the other week with my sister and was ready to burst into tears

Pregnancy is SO weird! Can't wait to meet bubba and for the hormones to buzz off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and RE the vitamins, Im on blackmores pregnancy gold, plus ferrograd and ostelin, on the advice of my OB as my levels of iron and vit D are low!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brie cheese, I want it so bad and have for the past few weeks, I know I can heat it to kill any listeria but I want it cold! My last two pregnancies I craved sushi like there was no tomorrow and last pregnancy that was how I clued in that I might be pregnant after I ate it four days in a row.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Devilled ham on toast! I know its bad.. its just a quick breakfast when I don't feel like making an actual meal. It doesn't help that I've gone off cereal completely.

I haven't really had any cravings this pg though.. ohh now that I mention it I want my ham soup with lots of lentals and pea's now the weather has gone to &&%^&*!

Thats it! I WANT SOUP!!!